Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1B Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from a guy that has lost his spot on the first team to Guinny and is struggling to find any form with the CAT team.
Where do you come up with this shite? :D

Any more off topic and I'll be forced to yell at myself. Back to Div. 1 Results please. If you want to ramble go to the Valley.

Remember I said please....

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Star

I think the Indo guys are an awesome bunch of guys and I know they will get back into the Premier division next year. I think Sandy and Prit have run the team with the upmost class. But for some reason people want to say shite (i.e Kokanee) about Khalsa. I think it just shows how much talent the brown community has. We have 3 teams Khalsa, Indo and Temple that all could potentially play in the Premier league next year. Now only if the politics could stop we might have a very strong nations team.....................................but we all know that will never happen

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broke my Ankle by the Breaker

Buddy your right, ill shut up now. Its true our community has some awesome players but way to much politics, but im sure we arent the only people having these problems. I hope Temple, indo and khalsa all get to be in the premier next year, it would be great for the community. Ohh and you are right i was upset i wasnt chosen to play nations. So now i must play in the richmond premier league with Van United. You gotta understand why im pissed, imagine playing with a bunch of taxi drivers. These guys are determined players though, if they are gonna be late to games, we can just dispatch another driver to pick up a new player for us, very convenient. Forgive me soccer gods.:( no banana party today :( for my name is tonne tonne :confused:

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Kokanee

The Van United guys are cool even though they are dippers. The whole nation team selection is shite and everyone knows it. There are players who should not be there and are and players who should be there and are not. But, that will never change

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanne/Ankle Breaker

You guys know it and so does everyone else in the community that there will always be politics involved in soccer whether being in the summer tournaments or the nations cup, but i thought that the nations team was chosen well this year with some exceptions. Having three east indians teams in the premier would be awesome and I hope that does happen.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thread????

Hey Gurps, maybe you should make a seperate thread for nations politics? Some guys can express what feelings they have bursting inside them!:mad: :wa: :( :eek: :wa:

Hard Ballz;)

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2 : 1 POINT GREY UTD

Good first half (2:0 at half) then wilted in the sun - still 3 points in the bag and the feeling that we will get better.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more Predictions for me

Norburn knocks off DCR 1-0...In this pool anything can happen, so I'm not predicting anything anymore. Norburn is a hard working squad and were unlucky not to get 1-3 points off us. It looks like PG put up a good fight against RU as well. Tough, tough pool!

As for the Olympics, they blew 2-0 and 3-1 second-half leads leads only to have Shaheen tie it up in the final minute. That game should have been 10-1 for the Olympics, but missed opportunities (freebies) came back to bite them in the butt. Three counters led to three goals. Still, Frankie R is probably the best striker in the div and was causing grief for Shaheen from start to finish. He's going to be a handful next week.

Anyone else want to make predictions for week 4?

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 4 predictions

Norburn v Richmond -- tie 1-1
Lobban's v Shaheen -- 2-0
Olympics v PCOV -- 2-1
Indo v DCR -- 3-1

Hope the weather next week is as good as this past weekend.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC vs Norburn

RUFC 3 - 0 Norburn

Great game on the turf today...........got to admitt I do enjoy it there!

We scored after 15 minutes on a well taken strike from S. Frank. 20 minutes later the great WILLY finished a dodgy cross from Ginger and the game was in cruise control from there!

The second half was quite uneventful with Norburn taking a few runs at us but eventually we got the third and it was set and match!

Cheers,

John

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics spank PCOV

We did a good job of shutting down Frankie, and probably played one of our better games, but we ended up losing 3-donut. We were missing our keeper and a few starters due to injury and suspension, but we gotta learn how to score. The Olympics started flat, and we probably had more chances in the first half than in our previous 3 games combined (not that we've had many), but we need a Brett Hull like player to jam in the gimmies. Anyone out there fill the description whose not already signed? PM me!

Olympics scored a beauty second goal off a free kick, but lacked the flare I've seen from them in the past. They had three shots total. Still, like I always said, if they can get their shite together defensively (as a team), they'll cause problems, because they've got players who can finish. Their centre midfielder (a fellow mailroom employee) was passing like Adam Oates, but diving like Kenny Linseman. He also did a good job on Peshy. I think they ended up with about 7 yellows for dissent while for the first time this year we finished the game with 11 players.

So the logjam continues until someone breaks away from the pack. Looks like the RU/Firefighters match next week will be huge. DCR's season, meanwhile, might be decided by next week. Tomorrow vs Indo and then next week vs the Olympics. They could be 1-4. Surprising considering they usually get off to quick starts. I know my predictions suck, but I'm predicting they at least tie Indo.

Looks like the Lobbans are back on track just in time for our game vs them next week. Swell!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs DCR

Indo 3 - 0 DCR

I will leave Sandman to give us the details.........but I believe it was 0-0 when DCR gave up a PK and had a guy sent off sometime in the first half!

Cheers,

John

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the most exciting match............which was probably better for us since DCR plays well when they play with emotion. They came out strong in the first 20 minutes but after that we seemed to take control. The PK and subsequent red card did not help them either. Nontheless.............three points.

Goal Scorers
Steve Grewal
Pammi Birring with two.

Sandman

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On Fire

Firemen have 16 GF. Another 5 today. Any update on their match today?

What was the red for in the DCR match? Intentional handball in the 18?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the Red was for a bad challenge in the box off of a corner. That led to a P.K. and someone, not sure if it was the guy who had the challenge, wouldn't let it go and the ref tossed him. At least that is what my spies told me;)

Not sure what is going on in the DCR camp. By the sounds of it they are the same group that did so well last year but are struggling to find the back of the net! That said I still think they will have a huge say in who takes the division, not to mention that it is still very, VERY early into a long season.

Cheers,

John

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen/PGU update. Firemen better. Much much better. But we
learned a few things.... and we had a decent effort considering what we were up against... battle of the bottom dwellers next week!! woo hoo!!

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anybody come close to Indo in this division. They are on a mission to destroy any team that comes in there way. I guess the team learned from last years mistakes, but will age be a factor as the season goes on and on. Indo, Temple, and khalsa all in premier, WOW!:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0