Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1B Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa there "bud"

Waaaaaay too early to be stating that. Supporters are great to have but patience is a virtue..........besides, guys like 9-1-1 get their knickers in a knot REAL easy.

PatientSandman

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said before, Indo in premier. Boy it was nice for Indo to sign a couple of GN players for the winter. Does Indo have a summer team at all? Rumor has it they will once again combine with Khalsa this summer. I don't know if I could call them an INDO CANADIAN squad!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bud,

Don't take this the wrong way, (and Sandman will probably concur) but promotion is a LONG way away. Yes, INDO has got off to a good start, but that is all. In this division, anything can happen. Before the turnaround in the schedule, the Vancouver Olympics, Richmond United, Grandview Lobbans are all tough foes, and Point Grey (though off to a poor start) will be up for the INDO game.

Talk about promotion in March, not October!!

Gilly

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's going on?

Any commentary on Shaheen's first win? What's up with Pt.Grey? From what I've seen of Shaheen, they didn't have much. New signings? Were Pt. Grey missing players.

How about the DCR/Olympics match? Any drama in that match?

RU/Firefighters must have been a beaut. No comments?

Sorry for not posting sooner, but my knickers had this real bad knot.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 1 - 1 RUFC

A good and fair result I believe for both teams..........neither created a lot of really good chances with the Firemen scoring midway through the first and RUFC tieing it up with about 20 minutes left in the second.

The game was quite physical and down right nasty at times:D But that said the ref did a decent job keeping both teams in line as it could have gotten much worse espcially near the end.

They are a very good side with some good solid players in Peter, Skinner, Roseland. There young guns are good but god if I hear that they are just 17 year olds again I am going to puke!

The only thing I would ask Pearsy is what was your coaches beef at the half and end of the game? I mean he delayed the start of the half and then went at the ref for at least 20 minutes after the game.

John

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we (PGU) we ready for a relaxing afternoon which was obviously a mistake. We assumed we'd get a least one easy game out of this div. which just isn't going to happen. Shaheen played well and got a lot of confidence from their first... It was nil-nil at half... oh yeah, we forgot to finish too...

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR 2 - VO 1

Pretty good game, being down 10 men for 70 minutes on McCartney was a bit much but we were still able to school the VO boys.

The VO coach is clown, always has been and always will be.

L8

Piper

D

Different Positions

i luv a challenge

damn indo kicken ass eh, but what happened to all the supporters that came to watch last week wishing indo would lose, hahhahahahha but they won and they won again hahahaha, jus can't wait for the playoffs when they go at the premier teams. Indo is the team to beat rite now.

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
coaches beef?

John, sorry I'm not sure what you're referring too. If our coach was talking to the ref it was probably just to congratulate him on a job well done. Hope you guys bought him a pint after the game.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Piper,

Glad to see that you posted..............for the second time:D What is going on with you guys? Three guys on the discipline list for a total of 9 games this early on in the season, OUCH!

Pearsy,

Thanks for clearing that up for me...........maybe a little less whine after the game and the ref might have had one of your pops:eek:
And also thank Bobby and your coach for the lovely hospitality in your club house till the wee hours after the game...........first class!

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets not ruin it ...

Originally posted by pearsy
Hope you guys bought him a pint after the game.

Pearsy, our match last week was a first class tilt. A well played, hard fought match that ended in, what most would agree, was a fair result at 1-1. I don't think the ref was flawless, but he certainly didn't affect the outcome of the game. And he CERTAINLY didn't favour one team over the other, so let's leave it at that and look for a great rematch in the second half of the season.

You should have an easy time of it with Norburn this week.

Cheers,
Willy McDiplomat

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

Whats up !

Thats a tough question you ask. It does hurt thats for sure!

Whats the deal with Pee Wee Herman as ref these days

Whats up with the DCR-RUFC game for the 26/27, was it not suppose to be played at Queens Park and is King George #2 that nightmare pitch in the middle. Are there any other options here?

It 's good to see you guys doing well. Keep it tight up at the top.

L8

Piper

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Piper,

The game will be played at the all weather pitch at King George, the schedule just hasn't been update yet. We moved to Queens Park for the first month ( as did Indo) because for some reason Richmond doesn't open its only decent fields till Thanksgiving Weekend:rolleyes:

Cheers for the support and good luck to you and everyone this weekend, especially.......................

John

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No whine involved

John and Willy,
Both teams played a tough game last week. In my opinion it was an extremely difficult game to ref, and your ref did a decent job. So I hope he enjoyed the pint he deserved it. Don't try to read into that comment so much next time alright fellas. Good luck this weekend.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
indo vs. van. o......

Indo defeated Van. Olympics 3-1. I heard from an Indo player. Goal scorers for Indo were Gary Aujla, Billy Shoker, and Tod.
p.s...no details on the game.......maybe Sandman can comment.

Hard Ballz

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen This Show Before ...

RUFC 1 - 1 Shaheen

Shaheen scored half way through the first on a bit of sloppy defending by RUFC. RUFC countered relatively soon after on a corner kick that evetually found its way into the net.

The second half saw RUFC put 4 or 5 dangerous corners into the Shaheen box only to see the keeper steer them away. With about ten minutes left Shaheen squandered a couple of breakaways that, were it not for Animal Frank, might have won the match Shaheen.

Willy McGutted

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo / Vancouver Olympics

Not a bad game on Saturday with Indo controlling the game for most of it. They started strong and scored early (5th & 15th minutes) to set the tone for the rest of the match. A crossbar and a post also added to their dominance until the last 20 minutes where the Olympics really picked up their passing and attacked well. They put Indo on their back feet for the last bit but some quality defending got them through their tough patch. Overall, I think Indo's midfield really won it for them with Billy and Gary seeing a lot of the ball and distributing it well.

I see a few of the RUFC lads were there with a keen interest .... maybe John, Kippax and Willy may have some comments ......

Cheers .......

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Persy,

We weren't reading into anything you wrote.............just looking for a bit of banter was all.

Walks,

It was clear from the moment that I arrived at the match Indo were in full command and never really in danger of droping any points............especially with the VO keeper doing his best to avoid contact with the little round white thing!

Congrats to those who got 3 points this weekend.............:mad:

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0