Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1B Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piper

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR 3 Shaheen 0

Not a bad game, DCR is looking better than last year with some solid new additions.

Any word on the FF Indo game?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo / Firemen

Finished up 2-2 ..... Firemen scored two goals early in the 2nd half and Indo got one back before tying it up with a minute or two left on the clock. Sounded like a really good game (I was on the other pitch beside the Indo game for Inter & Sportstown).

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans 3 - PGU 0

Interesting intro to div 1. The pace was quicker and the skill was more solid as expected, but not as much different as i thought it would be. We (PGU) have lost some skill from last year, have some injuries (including me) and have a few new youngins. We'll gel and get better and should be able to grab some points................ ..... I should think that Lobbans are in tough this year as well since we expect some tougher teams to come along. They did well, but I expected a little more even though it was 3-0...

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction

Wrongo Walks;

Indo 3
SFC Firefighters 2

Scored three goals in the last 12 minutes to steal the three points. Firemen are going to be a very good side this year, they are young and fit. Their lack of experience might let them down but Skinner, Peter B. and Roselund should provide some decent leadership.

The game was a tightly played contest that opened up big time in the last 20 minutes Steve Grewal with two goals and Shammi Birring with a singleton. By the way........Adanac East is done for the year.

Sandman

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction!

Correction to the Indo score. Indo actually beat the Firemen 3-2. They were up two in the second half with 15 minutes to go and we finally woke up. We got a pk when the big lumpy defender at the back came in and tried to take our players head off with his studs. Steve Grewal stepped up and put it home. Cue the comeback. About 5 minutes later the Firemen goalie made a great save, but in doing so injured his arm and left the game. We got a corner kick and headed home the tying goal. In the last minute Gary Aujla hit a shot from about 25 yards out and the goalie bobbled it right to Steve Grewal who passed in the winner.

All in all, not a great match to watch. Firemen are fairly talented, relying sometimes a little too much on Skinner in the middle. They apparently live and die by the slide tackle, and today was the perfect weather for them. As for us, we didn't look that great. We had our moments, but we only look to get better from here. Good character builder for us to come back.

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo

Hey Sandman did u have any of the GN boys playing for u guys today or is it basically the same Indo Squad from last year, cuz GN still has there spot in the FVSL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see the Pitches stand up with all the Rain we have Had

Originally posted by Sandman
By the way........Adanac East is done for the year.

Must have been all the Firemen slidetackles, you must lift your feet off the ground while attempting this move.

The Firemen no longer play out of Clinton Park, when did this take place, or did they find a park to play on that is worse than Clinton in the winter?

Hey Showtime, nice to see you back in the VMSL and out of the Richmond League. Good luck this year.

HOS

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo / Firemen

Holy shite lads ..... my apologies, must've missed the last goal through the torrential downpour. Definitely spot on about the sliding tackles - every time I glanced over, there was a Fireman skidding 40 yards on the deck ........... well done to Indo as that is a helluva comeback from 2 nil down ........

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those that care..............and I am sure there a few out there that do (cause I know how well liked we are)..........

RUFC 2 - 4 Olympics

Can't think of a worse way to open the season from a RUFC point of view. Had a good start with a few good chances, lots of possesion and look to have things pretty much in control. Then a bad mistake leads to a goal and that is followed up 5 minutes later by a blown call by the man in the middle on an offside (at least 5 yards) and before we know it is suddenly 2-0.

We got one back late in the half off of a great strike from a free kick to go into the half only down 1! Well that lasted for about 10 minutes as we handed ( and I can't say it any clearer than that) 2 goals and we just never recovered.

The Olympics are decent side with some quick and skillful players that will cause teams troubles this year. They were full marks for the points, not trying to do too much in the back and taking advantage of what was handed them in our end!

Cheers,

John

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's simple really RB, the pitches offered to Richmond Clubs by the city of Richmond are absolute shite. Mind you, playing on a better surface certainly didn't help much on sunday :(

See you in week 3.

Willy McMinster

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess if the river had meandered differently way back when new west would be east richmond anyway. Or richmond would be north surrey. marpole would still be marpole though. bring those extra shin pads for the calves. I'm not as fast as i used to be... ;-)

general

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sandman

you noted that steve grewal scored two of your goals this past weekend, but who is shammi birring that scored your other goal? has he played with you before or is he is newcomer? because watching your team play in the premier last year I never saw a shammi birring playing there, or did he play CAT last year?

also, have you added any new players this year to your team to try and make the push back into premier?

:wa: :wa: :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shammi Birring.....

General, Shammi Birring actually played in the fraser valley league with G.N last year ( or did he have a year off??? ...but is a G.N product). Good young player who no longer wanted to play that calibre. He will fit in just fine with Indo.

Cheers, Hard Ballz:wa:

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
this just in ...

RUFC 5 - 2 Lobbans

2-1 RUFC at half. Lobbans started the second half very strong and tied the game early in the second. RUFC finished the match strong with 3 second half goals to take the 3 points.

Off to the pub ;)

Willy

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Willy went home to post BEFORE going to the pub? hmmm...
we're getting older and nerdier all the time.

Pt. Grey and Norburn. 2-2. We should have won this one, but let Norburn back in with a couple sloppy defensive plays and we missed about 4 really grand chances. Next week should be tougher, not sure if I'll be ready to play yet... I'm guessing we've faced the 2 weekest teams in 1b so far... I guess 1a got the chatters...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting!

Piper, I take it the information given to you was a little incomplete based on the above scoreline! I saw a bit of the PCOV vs Norburn match and didn't think much of either side, so for them to steal 3 points is a real shocker:rolleyes:

Sandman, sorry I missed your call this morning........still sleeping off our first victory of the season:cool: Some very interesting parts to your match report for sure...........I guess there are still a few air miles still kicking about;)

Cheers,

John

Oh isn't Richmonds finest park just a lovely sight........what a joke and an embarrassment our city is when it comes to park board decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0