Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1A Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 1-1 Mario......

Temple and Peg. played to a 1-1 draw at Kinsman. Temple dominated the match but couldn't finish. More details later.....promotion doesn't look so good anymore:( .

p.s...anything on the Clan and Ireland game?

Hard Ballz:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Temple lads... we let one in with 5 to go.

I can't believe we lost to a bunch of girls :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
club vs clan game

on the whole, clan were the fitter team although they would find it hard to argue that we (Club I.)had far more chances. Their defense had a Phil and Gary Neville look about them (shock-king), sorry Captain had to use it. Their strength was their midfield along with the big lad in the pipes, who stoned us on at least 2-3 occasions. I hope they aknowledged their keepers heroics. Without him, the scoreline may have been different. We had a good ref today so no excuses really, just a little unfortunate.Biminis will pay next week- guaranteed!!:cool:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hoops shmooops

on the whole, clan were the fitter team

jesus H christ...is the world flad too??!! sikh temple has got some serious work to do if that is the case. captain and regs in the middle...now there's an engine room running a couple cylinders short...

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
p.s. that post (and others) was far too liquored. parkhead, captain, regs et al. please ignore (except the engine room part;))and move along. fcuk my head hurts...:(

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Tie

This is not a typo........ another tie for the Peg/Oly v. ST.

No ST did not have 80% of the play, but they did have the better of the chances. 0 - 0 at the half. ST had a questionable PK given to them about 20 minutes into the 2nd half. Big save by Mario, but the PK taker (#4) pounced on the rebound, only to put it off the bar. Justice was served as the PK call was weak. A challenge in the box and the ST player fell like a ton of bricks. We scored with about 20 left. Not an OG, just a nice finish. ST tied it up about 10 minutes later. A cross that Big Mario could not reach over about 3 players. Ball bounced around and I think the ST player back heeled it and chipped it over Mario. We worked very hard and deserved the point. Our team is coming together and we might actually win a game in the coming weeks.

Full team night out afterwards with a visit to the Giants game and then The Roxy. We even had a Meralomas lad out with us .... I think after 7 beer and 5 shooters he figured out he is on the wrong team and signed the transfer form;) I had to pull the pin earlier than usual as I was having dilusions of me scoring a goal ..... way too pissed.

I'm going out on a limb and predict that we will not tie next week vs. Barney's Army.

JR

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other results today?

NO2 was on earlier this evening and didn't post so I think it's fair to assume the Mermaids kept their streak alive :D

Anybody?

~Regs.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another tough loss

Norvan 2 Lomas 1

Another tough loss. Gave up the early goal. Then hit the post just before the break, the keeper well beaten.

Norvan scored a second midway through the second half. After a corner was partially cleared one of their blokes hit a hard shot across the goal, headed for the corner flag and their central defender, still lurking in the box nodded it in. Tough break.

No2 returned to the fold from injury and came on with 25 minutes left. He scored our goal with a fierce drive past the wall from a free kick which the keeper found too hot to hold and funbled over the line.

I really am getting tired of these one goal losses, but the lads did ok today. I played hurt again, but after resting all week, seemed to feel a little better.

Our luck will turn soon...

daz:cool: :cool:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paint Drying

Dazza - I'm glad you admitted you are hurt because watching the first half, it sure looked like it:D :D

Watched the 1st half of the Norvan v. Mermaids game. As Dazza noted, Norvan up 1 in the first 5 minutes. A few chances both ways and Mermaids unfortunate not to tie it up. Shot from some distance and the Norvan goalie stares at the ball and yells "gone". It hits the inside of the far post and bounces out. I was just amazed at this goalies knowledge of vectors and acute angles to know it was going to hit the post.

Out on a scouting mission and took in the 2nd half of the Shagars v. Barney's Army. It was like watching paint dry ..... someone elses paint. Finished up at 0 - 0. Shagars had their usual game tactics in place - kick ball high, kick ball far. Barney's are a hard working team - nothing fancy, just run hard, kick ball high and kick ball far. BORING.

Both results are good for Peg/Olys and puts us in a good spot for our game next week vs. Barneys. Amazingly, I am not going to predict a tie. No prediction on the result as I made that error last time versus The Eggplant Army.

JR

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oddly enough, a tie

We scored a "real" goal this weekend. However, O.G. is still our leading goal scorer. Mario made the best save ever using his go-go gadget arm and then palming the ball before smothering it from the onrushing red wave. I would have to say that Temple owned us for the most part though they only did have a handful of shots on goal. This is evidenced by the fact that I took 109 goal kicks.
In any case - if one were to say at the start of the season "11 games in and you will have only 2 losses" one might think that you will be doing pretty well in the standings...:p

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If one were to say at the start of the season "11 games in and you will have only 1 win" one might think that you will be doing pretty sh!tty in the standings... ;)

But then, look who's talking. :(

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan2 - Lomas 1

Ok let's be honest this game as well as most of the others in the last few weeks could have gotten ugly, yes we hit the post and yes we scored a goal, unfortunatly some people forgot to mention they missed almost as many chances as club I and oh yeah No2 rocketed a shot that hit the keeper in the thigh but instead of saving it he decided to see if he could jump the ball. He manage just barely enough to nutmeg himself and allow the ball to slowly roll over the line. Lomas didn't play bad but the score line was definitly fair. It is nice to see a few players finally returning though and No2 does have an absolute cracker of a shot even harder than that of a urinal puck wouldn't you say Jags.
:D :D ;) ;) ;) :D :D

Cheers Lawts

Monk

Nov 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I vs. Bimini's

Club I 2 - Bimini's 0

First half ended 0-0. Club I hit a couple of cross bars, and the ref missed a penalty call for us. Might have changed the game but Club I had quite a few chances in the second half. Nice finish on the first goal. We had at least two plays where the goalie was out of position, but our player decided to kick the field goal. Two free kicks from about twenty yards out were stopped and high.

Our work rate was decent, out finishing terrible. Club I finished their chances for the most part. Who would have thought that Regs would have been able to chase down Duke to cut out the break away pass in the box?

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hagars 1-1 Lomas

Shite field, shite ref, shite result

At least we didn't lose.:D :D

We don't seem to play good until we are a goal down.:confused:
Some people call us hacks and plumbers, but I think Hagars tops the list. I got kicked in the shins when the ball was on the other side of the pitch by hack #2, and then later in the game wrestled with hack #11.

No2:cool:

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We didn't tie.

Barneys - 1 Peg - 0

First half - majority of the play to the purple people with a power toe from about 9 yards to score. Second half, Peg takes over and had numerous chances only to hit the bar, the goalie or each other. The tradition continues that we don't really like to score - I can take responsibility for this as well, for on my breakaway I decided to clear it for a goal kick instead of a shot on goal. We got a lucky call from the ref that gave us an indirect kick in the box (pass back), however, that was saved as well.
A tough loss to swallow, considering we dominated without getting a goal. Most of all - we lost to a team that wears PURPLE!:eek: :eek: Now that is embarassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0