Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Has Gone Down The Tubes!!!!

They have only a few of there premier players but very disorganized .They are a dirty bunch of fcuks!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure but I think it may be Surrey United from last year under a different name?

If it is, they may be decent as it's our U-21 team that went into premier last year under the SU banner.

Weren't they supposed to put a team in the division?

Curious too,

RF

Big Show

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU Razorback is not very bright. I know I need not state the obvious but I'm new here and he sure does say some stupid things. ie After a 2-2 tie with Aldergrove "We should have won the game 3-0." What the fcuck. Why and the hell didn't you then. By the way I think I know who this guy is. What the hell is he doing in Div 1? Maybe Div. 3

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re-alu

So tell me bigshow how is this almighty expremier now div 1 team.Should we all be scared of them and be amazed by them when we play them. I don't get calling a team shite and should have beat them 3-0 when you tie 2-2.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as how Alouette lost, we probably won't be graced with Razors presence this week. So in his absence, I will post for him.

Ehem,

We lost to Cento Americano today 2 - 1, but we should have won by atleast three gools They are not a very good team and we're lucky to win. The reffing sucked as usual and a lot of calls went against ALU we were the better team easlily on the day.

How's that? That's about right huh?:rolleyes:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take it like a man...

Everyone wants to post when you win, but when you lose I guess its left to me.

The pressure of the perfect season has been lifted off the Highlanders' shoulders.

Short a few key starters and lacking in finish the Highlanders fell to a good, youthful Surrey Sporting 1-0.

Surrey dominated the first half, but were left shaking their heads, wondering what a premier keeper was doing wasting his time in Div1. Gnu was outstanding and the only reason it was 0-0 at the interval.

Sporting scored on a cross just after our midfielder had his hamstring taken out by a sniper. This followed with our forward reliving the De La Hoya - Vargas fight and taking a red card.

There were chances in the end, but just no finish.

Refereeing left both teams shaking their heads, but did not affect the outcome of the game.

You know the referee was bad when the winning team approaches the losing team and suggests both teams fill out referee reports.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty Good Nob

Centro Americano 2 ALU Razorbacks 1

The game went somthing like the Nob says but the first goal was a own goal by one of are defenders they got one more in the first half , we were down by 2 going into the second we cameback with 1 goal . We had alot of chances just could get it in the net . Jason Rackstraw hit the post & crossbar 5 times , 3 of his chances should have been in out of the 5. The last few minutes we pushed everybody up & were peppering there keeper with shots which he kept them in the game we just couldn't get it in the net. They are a very skill team but they have alot of divers they don't like going into hard tackles they were always 1 of there guys on the ground pretending he's going to die!:)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALU

AU Razor: Are you this inarticulate prepping your side for the match and conducting the half time talk? I think you should have let TheRob handle your better-left-in-inabsentia post on your behalf. At least, it was in sentences.
What oh what happened to Sid's former powerhouse, the once great ALU now that it is in your capable hands AND down a division.
:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 Whonnock Black Knights 1

I know it was the Terry Fox run and all, but could we have been allocated a worse field?
Fcuking cow patch man.
And, I'm not talking about the beautiful farms that surrounded this place.
The slant on this field would have had the Japanese national team in envy.

Anyhoow, Whonnock opened the scoring early from what I remember.
Something about a wee Irishman from Belfast missing his assignment. :D
I was still in a fcuking daze after McCaw's wedding at that point.

Finesse (as opposed to fearless) Kurt Friesen with his second of the year on a clinical finish to tie it up.
This one was money Kurtie; nice, very nice.

Unfortunately for Whonnock, we were pressing late in the match and they were called for a hand ball in the box, which was innocent, but blatant, and left the ref with no choice.
No red card which was just, but still a PK nonetheless.

Da Bear, with HIS second of the year, calmly stuck it by their keeper.
Yes folks, you are reading correctly into this, Darrin Preece and Kurt Friesen off as early favourites to win the prestigious Rangers scoring title with two each thus far. :rolleyes: :eek:

Bottom line:

Rangers nick the points off a good young side sure to impress this year, and lucky to get the fcuk out of Whonnock with a 2-0 start.

To the Black Knights:

Sticking around for pints after the game is quite enjoyable, you should try it some time.

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ugly

Our second game of the season was definitely not like our first.But to be fair we were missing our two center backs and our midfielder who is fit. Guys were playing out of positions and it showed leaving a lot of openings. Anyway the season is early and a lot can still happen.Gnu is no longer angry just needed to vent after the game.Beer also helps alot:bronco:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no way Tim Yakemchuck is fit. :rolleyes:
Fit to be strung up by his balls for missing your match maybe.
What's next week?
Another kid's birthday party or something?
But, he is probably your best player.
We were missing our best player (Coach) also.
Double :rolleyes:.

GNU: I'm glad your intake of the bevies is strong.
From what I'm hearing your need of liquids is vital when playing 180 minutes of football each weekend. :)

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers

You know it rangerforever i worked hard for my pear shape figure and if i'm going to play 180 min. a weekend then i got to make up for it somehow.:wa: also tim is our centerback we were missing it was our new addition nick who is our fit mid. And a final note whonnock what the fcuk stay for bevies it's what it's all about soccer is just an excuse to get out.:bronco:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 Poco 2

I'll just start by saying , Herb reffed this game:rolleyes: . Where the fcuk does he come up with these calls that left both teams shaking their heads all game.
This match started very quick for Langley which controlled the game from the beginning with Demo getting a couple of chances in the first couple of minutes but not being able to convert. At about the 5 minute mark, we take a red for yapping (and what our player said was no different from what was being said throughout the whole game).
With Langley down to 10 men we still pressured them and Demo sending one of our U-21 call ups on a break in which the rebound came to Gus who made no mistake with it and Langley leads 1-0. The rest of the game was an up and down game with Langley having a greater edge in play but unable to finish (A couple of crossbars and one missed open net) and put the game away.We finally ran out of gas and with about 15 or so minutes left we gave up 2 goals that we really shouldn't have.

BTW: To the Poco guys on the side that tried to offer us Tupper. No thanks, although I did notice him on the sideline not even suited up. Does he even play for you guys?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relations???

Demo,

You were one of the students who copied anothers work but changed a few words here and there weren't you.

AU Razor might charge you with plagarism.:eek:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger scoring title

Originally posted by Rangerforever
Yes folks, you are reading correctly into this, Darrin Preece and Kurt Friesen off as early favourites to win the prestigious Rangers scoring title with two each thus far. :rolleyes: :eek:

RF,

No matter how many games he misses - my money is still on Halvey to win it. How long is his title streak now ... like 4-5 years in a row for you guys?
:D :D :D

Bollocks

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the one man gang is off to a slow start.
Mind you he set up Kurt's goal on the weekend when he turned this poor right back inside out.
Halvie might becoming more like a Gretzky though.
After 8 in a row scoring titles he more interested in assists now.

;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers 2 Whonnock Black Knights 1

Originally posted by Rangerforever

Sticking around for pints after the game is quite enjoyable, you should try it some time.

They are a pretty young team. Don't even know if they are old enough to drink yet.
You probably could have guessed that though by the number of parents on the sidelines.

They are probably not comfortable yet sitting around after the game and drinking a few pints with their parents. Give them a few years they will come around.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical that a GEU team does not stick around for pints, the only two players that stick at the field longer than half-hour is Yoda and TheRob, and that's only due to their ladies wanting to stick around with the with the PoCo team:wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Exactly

That's not the reason we stick around after games. It's so WE can hang out with you guys. Not everyone can go home and say, "I just hung out with the last place team in the Premier league".
:D

Besides, if you are out at the field and our women are hanging out with you that usually means that your wife is at home alone waiting for me! Why would I stick around?

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0