Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU

Could you maybe give a bit better description about what happened?

What did their fans do?
How many cards?
Do they forfeit?
Did the ref just lose control?

The people want to know your biased opinion!!!!!;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe Tin Po was reffing this one so chances are he lost control.

AU neglected to mention they were down 2 - 1 with about ten to go. No surprise really. I'm sure they would have won if the game had of continued.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No he didn't lose contol !

It was just his usual shitty reffing , but I think he did do the right thing because there coach didn't listen to Tin Po the first time he warned them . I don't know why the league sends these refs out when you know it was 2 rival teams & you know the game could get like that. :)

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
au will get points

When i played for tayside about six years ago this happened to us in the vmsl 1st div. We were battling for first place with clan an tempo when we played clan on our pitch. It was a 2-1 game for us when a player slid out and hit a guy on our sidelines kid.Well he took offense went on to the pitch and a fight occured.Ref called the game with ten to go. Well the league decided it was our fan so we got the loss which hurt us for promotion that year. :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
classy move

We had a guy break a leg on our team last year and it was an awful sight. after about half an hour he was taken off we resumed play. I don't agree with that because no one wants to resume after that were not pros we don't get paid to do this.Good call calling the game play another day when it's not on everyone's mind.:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: can't get enough of the dancing bananas

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tin Po is the worst ref- bar none- in Vancouver (remember that game two years ago, TR? Unbelievable stuff...). He loses control every time. Good refs, like Bobby Brown, always have control of the players and the sideline. I think it is a mutual respect thing.

That said, I'd be surprised if ALU gets the points. The league knows how bad this guy is, and even acknowledged it to us in a hearing once. The problem is that we have a severe ref shortage, which is why they're forced to use guys like Po and Herb-on-lerb.

GNU: was that the Danny Redding incident you're referring to? From what I understand, that guy deserved to get pummeled by Danny...no apology or anything after running through his little girl.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No somebody I'd want to make angry and face in a dark alley. Hell...I'd rather face a hungry, hagis starved Rangerforever first!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU - GEU match

Razor:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the GEU fans.

We found their sideline quite accomodating and friendly actually.

And, I don't think the fact that we've got about 12 guys over six feet and 200 lbs had anything to do with it.........:D

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: au will get points

Originally posted by gnu
When i played for tayside about six years ago this happened to us in the vmsl 1st div. We were battling for first place with clan an tempo when we played clan on our pitch. It was a 2-1 game for us when a player slid out and hit a guy on our sidelines kid.Well he took offense went on to the pitch and a fight occured.Ref called the game with ten to go. Well the league decided it was our fan so we got the loss which hurt us for promotion that

Gnu,
What hurt you for promotion that year was the 50 yard goals you let in on a regular basis ;)

Actually I was playing against Gnu in that particular game, and played with Gnu for a few years after that season.

That game should have never been abandoned, everything settled done after the sideline incident and the game should have gone on.

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey dude

dude yeah that was the dan reading incident, like sliver my good buddy said game was under control no need to call game but the league screwed us . Hope they replay there game hate to see a team get free points.And millhouse no more dancing bananas now pumpkins:bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the game (Alu vs. GEU) actually out of control? Can anyone comment, besides Razorback? I'd like to hear an account from someone who isn't too pre-occupied with getting on his knees for league executives and refs...

Razorback: "the game ws outof controle the ref mr po is won of the best to evre officiate the game in the histry of the game also the fvsl executive are the coolest gys ever in the histry of the unverse i love them. mr. fudge can i wash your car?"

I’m thinking that re-scheduling won’t be an option, especially with the greater demands on field time this season. They’ll probably have to look really closely at the incident, and make a judgment as to weather or not the game should have been abandoned. They’ll then have to determine if they want to have the teams play the remaining 10 minutes the next time they meet. On the other hand, they could just move to “precedence”, and not look into the incident at all. Usually, that is giving the benefit of the doubt to the refs (not always a bad idea), but with this guy’s case, I’d seriously look into the incident.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tin PO

One time at south Surrey athletic Tin was reffing a game on the upper fields, when he lost control of a match. He knew Bobby Brown was on the lower field. All of a sudden he pulls a Ben Johnson, full sprint across the road to fetch Bobby to help him sort out the game. All the players were just stood there wondering what the hell was going on.:rolleyes: CLASSIC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D I'm laughing out loud over here! That is funny. That just goes to confirm this:

Tin Po is the worst ref- bar none- in Vancouver. He loses control every time. Good refs, like Bobby Brown, always have control of the players and the sideline. I think it is a mutual respect thing.

And you know what? I'm not in the least surprised.

Jul 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 years ago in an all star tournament , a budding young star named Jordan Sutherland let a fierce fart go as he trotted past Tin. Red card ........How he filed that one..I'll never know. He's the worst ref I have ever had.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Game Is Being Replayed !

Found out from the league today that we are replaying the game don't know the date yet, but the league says they will be dealing with the Geu team. Don't know what they are going to do to the team. ( Fine or Suspention) :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bricktop?

I know it's take the piss,but i just didn't find your reply very funny.

just my opinion.:confused:

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bricktop and Tin Po

Sorry Bricktop but I have to agree with Coach. I think you crossed the line with that post. He is by all accounts a shocking ref. I feel sorry for him whenever he steps on to the pitch because I know he's going to get it from all sides. However, at the heart of "takethepiss" is the notion that we are all in on the joke but I'm certain that he isn't. Quite frankly I didn't find anything funny about your references to his personal life or his race. What do they have to do with his incompetence as a ref? Your attempt at humour came up short and it's unfortunate that it occured in such a public forum.

Lighten up or sign off.

Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0