Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bricktop

What, saying the guy is a shitty ref on 2 threads about 25 times isn't good enough? Save the personal attacks!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bricktop- I have to agree; you’re over the top. Yes, it is universally acknowledged that Tin is a shite ref, but no need to drop the racial bombs. Taking the piss is one thing, but keep the racial stuff to yourself. The good thing is that this could very well come back to haunt you; refs read these threads too. I found that one out when one of them said “How’s it going, Dude?” to me this summer before a match started.

Two lines of thinking on the ALU thing: 1. The league probably made the fairest decision they could, given they likely had no un-biased witnesses at the game. 2. ALU got the better end of this deal.

At least GEU didn’t lose the points altogether, and perhaps this sends a message to the other teams in the league to control the sidelines. From the outside looking in, a pretty fair ruling.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bricktop,

Your post has been edited. Please don't post that crap in here anymore.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately I could only stay to watch the 1st half of a spirited match. Delta took the quick lead with Maxwell converting on a Pk. A little late in the half one of our U-21 call ups converted to tie the game. Near the end of the half Delta was awarded another PK but our keeper read Max this time and kept the score at 1.
It was a great half to watch with action at both ends of the feild and I was surprised to see how often Langley was shooting (after bitching so often about our lack of it).
Hopefully Langley can pull out a win as I was pleased to see how well all of our call ups played, considering that we were missing 6 starters tonight.
I guess I'll be fighting even harder to keep my or get my spot back when I return from injury.

Demowhowishedhecouldhavestayedforpintstonight

kick_it7

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly is such a harsh word....I prefer Uniquely. As a group of well aged players do, Delta thought it would be best to conserve their energy by focusing strictly on taking goal kicks for the first 40 minutes of the second half, timing their attacks perfectly over the last 5 minutes. Our best move is to lull a team into a false sense of security and strike quickly like a cat...a big fat awkward cat.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly

That's too bad. Judging from how the first half went I thought it would have also been a great second as the 1st half was fun to watch. Was it a case of two totally diferent games?
I guess we'll have to get you guys next time.

BTW: How were the pints afterwards?

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ugly

I agree with demo the first half was a great game with both teams creating chances and it was a fast paced game.The start of the second half can't say the same we were fighting the ball.I think your second goal deflated us for a while then after me doing my usual team motivation by yelling how shitty we are we played better and got the result.And a request from mcgill no more dancing bananas:(

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City 3 ALU Razorbacks 1

Ugly game

We played the worst I have ever seen no on our team came there to play Poco deserved to win we had a couple of chances but couldn't finish .We had a skeleton group out there with alot of starters missing out of the line up . We Shite the bed today !!!

Can't wait for the rematch when we have are full squad out there!!

Good win for Poco Shity well deserved .:mad:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sporting get a spanking!

That's right,a fcucking spanking!
These pre madona wanna be's,come out there and act as if this
game is the world cup?Now i know you lads used to be part of
our club 2 years ago,but get on with it man.You guys are now
on club 3 in two years.(i say no more).You guys bad mouth us
for 2 years at kelly o's,saying you can't wait to play us."Well
guess what lads,you lose".I will never run another team down on this forum, that doesn't deserve it.But you silly twats just bring it on.5 - 1, and it could have been worse!Fcucking put up, or shut
up you fcucking wanna be's.

YOURS TRUELY,BITTER COACH!:mad: :mad:

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sporting get a spanking!

Originally posted by coach
.But you silly twats just bring it on.5 - 1, and it could have been worse!Fcucking put up, or shut
up you fcucking wanna be's.

YOURS TRUELY,BITTER COACH!:mad: :mad:

Hmmm....a convincing win for the Rangers and Coach is not satisfied? Things are looking up for the Highlanders because we also crushed Sporting....oh, actually that's not quite right. In fact, we went scoreless (unless one of the ringside judges gave Sean McGill a point for his rabbit punch) and lost 1-0.

The Rangers are like David Banner of Incredible Hulk fame. They are constantly wandering through the seasons looking for a good run just like Banner wandered in search of a cure. Probably not a good idea to get them angry either. Hopefully, we can give you the run you desire and we have a plan that should address the "anger" issue. In an attempt to keep the Rangers "happy" Rocco and Balsa volunteered to prepare a gift basket that will be presented to the Surrey lads prior to the game on Saturday. It's believed that Balsa will even return a Ranger jersey that he stole and has been sleeping in (sans underwear) for the past few years.

Oscar de la Highlander

P.S. Any smoke blown up the Rangers' collective arse is purely intentional and designed to breed the type of complacency that will be key to any Highlander result. With that in mind....you guys are the greatest!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mr goldman

Your team is truely pure class,and saturdays tilt will be a beauty.
Win or lose,the change rooms will be on fire!
(this is the day,that we will reveal two new players.I mean two
new van metro league retires.)We need to get stonger and go
for the three peat.These two new players will be very strong.

saturday will be on fire, coach.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone noticed?

Anyone noticed the Highlanders new striker....I was told he scored 2 goals in the final 15 minutes to pull out their last 3-2 win. He posts here as "halfvolley".....keep tabs on him, very under-rated and not well known (yet!)!

Coach surely has a plan and has scouted him?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oscar

Thanks for the heads up on the gift basket.
Rocco and Balsa did tell me we were getting "something special" but we were unaware until your post.

However, I sense a certain strong "game face" silence from Milhouse.
No match report from Milli Vanilli.
Oh fcuk, right: we play you lot Saturday, I forgot. ;)
Wouldn't want to let out any trade secrets.

Looking forward to Saturday lads and the pints thereafter.

Rivalry 101 is in session people. :cool:

Cart driver: Coach has been unavailable to scout Halfvolley.
However, I am sure your scouting report on us will be top shelf.
With Milhouse attending the last three Ranger matches including the excrutiatingly painful 10:00 rise yesterday, your preparation for Saturday will be second to none as usual.
Just kidding, it's only rec soccer right? :rolleyes:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why we play the games.

First place show down between the high flyin Rangers of Surrey and the stingey Highlanders of Delta.

We will be working on our left wing lock at practice this week, along with clutching, grabbing, and shot blocking.

Predictions:
Drinking in the changerooms after the game, win/lose/or tie.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
great tilt with drinks to be had

Well first I'd like to recognize Cartdriver as someone who enjoys the sauce more than we know. So what he says doesn't always hit the truth right on. Sorry CD.

Millhouse will have us prepared for the game after he drills us to death on Tuesday with some dynamite conditioning. I'm tired already thinking about it.

The game should be fun. Glad to see Sporting take a licking last Sunday. Good on you Rangers. Wasn't there for our game when we lost and well I'll have to live vicariously through your win against them until we see them again...if we do.

Beers, cheers and tears on a classic Friday night. Yehaww!

:wa: :wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: great tilt with drinks to be had

Originally posted by halfvolley
Beers, cheers and tears on a classic Friday night. Yehaww!

Vollio and the rest of the Highlander lads:

Game is Saturday not Friday due to the turf saga.

PS - Please ask Timmy if he would like mayo or mustard on his elbow sandwiches he's ordered up for Saturday.

:D ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vollio

Kind of early.

I believe noon at Newton.
But no earlier, I'm sure.
Sorry dude.
I got a conflict myself I gotta sort out.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0