Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Gob (thanks Drano for that rhyming insult name idea),:p

I don't think we have finished top 2, PoCo United can catch us with a win Sunday vs the Raiders.:eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dillhouse.:rolleyes:

Let's not forget the Rangers wouldn't be promoted.

This is all moot anyhow.;)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Right

Originally posted by Milhouse

RF Translation:

Fukc off!

Milhouse,

I'm not sure what you mean.?;) Try and read between the lines

Of course there were reasons, I'm not denying that. However, reasons I'd rather not plaster or post all over this website.

Thanks again for your continued support:confused: :confused:

Cheers

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty

I was a little taken back that you complimented the skills of some of the Lions before you complimented the fact that many Highlanders have made it possible for the Premier team to field a team over the last few seasons in many games. Being that the Lions had no respect for the club when they were members and now that they are not I would have thought a compliment to our team would have been more appropriate.

I believe that this club may have been disbanded if it weren't for the Highlanders. I only say that because if guys weren't willing to have helped out on occasion the premier team would not have even had enough players. This may have caused more players to leave thus leaving no premier caliber players to form a team. Most players on the Highlanders have been loyal members of Delta soccer since their childhood. I believe that the Club should show more appreciation and loyalty to players like this which consequently will help build a stronger club. This loyalty is also true of many of the over 35 players.

This is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion's of all members of the Delta Highlanders.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa

Originally posted by Balsa
I was a little taken back that you complimented the skills of some of the Lions before you complimented the fact that many Highlanders have made it possible for the Premier team to field a team over the last few seasons in many games. Being that the Lions had no respect for the club when they were members and now that they are not I would have thought a compliment to our team would have been more appropriate.

I believe that this club may have been disbanded if it weren't for the Highlanders. I only say that because if guys weren't willing to have helped out on occasion the premier team would not have even had enough players. This may have caused more players to leave thus leaving no premier caliber players to form a team. Most players on the Highlanders have been loyal members of Delta soccer since their childhood. I believe that the Club should show more appreciation and loyalty to players like this which consequently will help build a stronger club. This loyalty is also true of many of the over 35 players.

This is my opinion and may not reflect the opinion's of all members of the Delta Highlanders.

Balsa,
Nowhere in my post did I ever question the loyalty of the Highlanders. It goes without saying that you guys have been a big part of the club in the past and will continue to be in the future. That is not what the post was all about. My apologies if you interpreted it that way. I was merely giving an explanation on the club aswell as the situation with the Lions and how disappointed we all were with the outcome. There was no intent for compliments to the Lions, as I said before "a waste of time and effort". However, they do have some good players and if things woud have worked out differently, they would be playing Premier soccer right now.
That's all.

Cheers

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that they do have some good players being wasted. I just thought a compliment towards us would have been better served than wasted comments on those muckers. :D Just speaking from the heart as I am a Delta boy throughout.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Schmelta...

Hey Crafty, does that last exchange between DM members count as a meeting because it would represent the first that we have had in two years. What happened at the January AGM? Do you have the minutes? Did someone manage to detach the "kitchen sink" from our concession and get it to the Rangers? I had heard that next year we will be referred to as the Deltaladnertsawassennorthdelta Highlanders. Is that true?

Hey Balsa / Milhouse what's with you betting against the Highlanders in the TTP pools? Hello Pete Rose! Scandalous but it does explain the recent poor form that both of you have displayed on the pitch!

Oscar the Lionhearted...

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oscar

I didn't do it.... and there is no little black books for court. Will I still be elected to the Highlanders Hall Of Fame???:(

WHTEVR

Dec 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hall of Fame

Balsa,

Just pointing out your spelling mistakes. That is hall of Shame, you mistakenly had written Fame.

Besides I believe FVSL rules indicate players can only reside in 1 Hall of Fame and apparently the Rangers are still holding 1 spot open for you and Rocko:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta Schmelta...

Originally posted by Oscar Goldman
Hey Crafty, does that last exchange between DM members count as a meeting because it would represent the first that we have had in two years. What happened at the January AGM? Do you have the minutes? Did someone manage to detach the "kitchen sink" from our concession and get it to the Rangers? I had heard that next year we will be referred to as the Deltaladnertsawassennorthdelta Highlanders. Is that true?

Oscar, I knew that you would be all over this like a fat kid on a Smarty and I have been awaiting your candid yet subtle response.
Firstly, I didn't know we had a kitchen sink. Secondly, what is a AGM.? And last but not least, I think you're onto something with the name change. We will put it before our Kangaroo committee of directors.

See you at the next DM meeting - If I remember to have one ;)

Cheers:D :D

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just pointing out your spelling mistakes. That is hall of Shame, you mistakenly had written Fame.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, I thought it sounded kinda funny.

Besides I believe FVSL rules indicate players can only reside in 1 Hall of Fame and apparently the Rangers are still holding 1 spot open for you and Rocko

If I make the Rangers HOF do I get my name engraved on one of the Pak Cups they have collected? If so then count me in. :D I will jump ship like an illegal hitting Canadian waters!!

WHTEVR

Dec 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hall

Originally posted by Balsa

If I make the Rangers HOF do I get my name engraved on one of the Pak Cups they have collected?

No you would have to clarify with Rangers. But I believe entry into the hall under the Fan or Faithful Spectator categories does not qualify for engraving.:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 5 vs Surrey Sporting 2

Langley pretty well dominated this gamefrom beginning to end. Up 3 nil only 15 minutes into the game and 4 -1 at half. In the Second half Lanlgey was unlucky not to finish all of their chances which could have easily made the game 8 or 9 - 2. Wasn't that great a game from either team, but a win is a win.

On to the Rangers now:D :wa:

Frank_McAvennie

Jan 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cry Me A River ( Darno )

I tell you one thing mate, I have watched both teams every time they have met this season, & your team is CRAP…. The Black Knights suffer from poor coaching, and if it were not for this unfortunate situation they would be up there with the top teams in the Div 1. Hey, and next time the two team’s meet show a little class, take your loses, and quit all the pissing and moaning…

From a spectator.

Drano

Jan 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankie...

i think it's analysis like that which is why you're only a spectator.....

there is no way that even with Sir Alex at the helm that those boys could improve their position.....granted they did beat us but anyone can beat anyone on any given day......how many english premier teams have lost to low division teams.....it happens.......

i'm not happy we lost.......like anyone else on here i'm gonna attempt to explain why we lost....if that's whining then so be it......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked the final standings. The top three: Rangers, Poco City, and the Highlanders can't be promoted. So, that means that Alouette, assuming they don't disband, and the Poco Raiders will go up.

Does that sound about right?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds about right. Not sure it will work out that way.

My opinion for next year is Lions and Storm to Premier.
Get rid of CAT.

Disappointed in not finishing second. Dropped too many points to the bottom feeders.:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds about right, but no way that should happen.

The strongest teams need to be up there. If the league needs to broker a deal with Poco or Delta to have those clubs release those teams, and let them go independent, they should get on that right away.

Poco is both what's right and wrong with the league. Top club. Given no changes to next season's structure, they'll have three teams in the 1st division. The Fury has now finished tops two years in a row, and has gone up two years in a row.

Wouldn't it make sense for the league to somehow broker a split that would see United go independent, and take the Fury or Hotspurs with them?

Lions and Storm up, I can see. The Lions are ready, I think, even if it means they get their teeth kicked in first year up.

Storm doesn’t have the team they need now, but they do have a strong nucleus. Going up would mean Jamie could easily attract as many premier caliber players over that he sees he needs to fill the current holes. They are older than the Lions, and more experienced. Plus, the Storm are well coached, and committed to the training. They're worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0