Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 1 2002/2003

Another division, another poll.

My vote goes with the BK's. They are a very strong young side, and with a few pick ups should contend for the top.

Same goes for this poll as all the others.:rolleyes:

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey The Nob !

You forgot 1 team you jack ass
ALU Razorbacks Div 1
Before you do this stuff you should get all your facts straight .

NobNobNobNobNobNobNob!!!!!:)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to go with Langley on this one. I stopped off to watch some of their training session tonight and was very impressed with the players that they had out tonight.
They will have the same core group from last year minus a few key players, but, they apparently have many to choose from.
Langley could struggle out of the gates untill the college players finish playing their season. Saw a few players from Trinity and U.C.F.V out there and even a Storm player or two.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition

Were in the same boat as LUFC Div 1 we have the same core as last years team with also 5 of are premier players but we also have some players playing for UCFV & Trinity , Douglas .

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like you can take the Lions off of the div. 1 poll. As we left Delta Metro and went with North Delta, we are treated as a new club and therefore have lost our div. 1 spot. Where we will be is still up in the air and nothing has been finalized. Maybe in Cat or Div. 2 if we can get a spot.

Alson wondering if anyone has heard about league alignments yet for the upcoming season.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta has a chance

North Delta should be given an outside chance as they have picked up a few new players that could help. Some wiley veterans and young blood, if chemistry prevails will make for a decent team this year.

Au Razor keep nurturing your injuries and maybe we'll actually see you on the pitch one day. :wa:

Looking forward to a new season filled with goodtimes, beer and good soccer...hopefully.

:) :)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its confirmed

E-mailed Neil Fuge today to confirm Delta Highlanders have taken the Delta Lions spot in the Div1.:wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders

Good stuff!

The rivalry is back on baby.
Mind you, I'm completely surprised on your motivation with this change. :rolleyes:
Why would you change? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TR:
The polls were statistically incorrect as the Rangers were not landslide victors at this point in time anyway. :p

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't belong in CAT

Last year our Premier team needed our help for the first few months until their college players were available and then we were no longer needed, which was fine for us.

We ran into some injuries and suspensions last year that allowed us to pick up a couple of Premier guys and that worked out well.

We believe that Div 1 will be stronger than CAT this year. Because we still have Friday nights our players will still be available to the Premier team. This year we have a few more faces, up to 23 possible guys, so even with suspensions and injuries, I don't think we will need to make pickups.

Oh and the #1 reason: we just enjoy playing the Rangers!!!!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear ya man.

Much like us, you're not much of a feeder team.
With the loss of the Lions and Storm, the division just picked up a notch.

Fridays at JO - right on.
Or, on the new Mackie turf?
We'll have about 8 or 9 games on the new turf on Fridays too.
Anyone else in this division getting Fridays?
Razor?

Milhouse, Oscar, Balsa et al:
Good luck lads.

You'll need it. :D

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger Forever

Thanks Ranger.

I guess myself and the rest of the boys better try to get motivated for more than a few games a year if we want to keep compete this season. The good news is maybe I will drop down to a svelt 215LBS. :D

We will have to do some training to match that friday night drinking binge we had last season also. Hopefully we don't get crushed on the field again. Drinking wise we should stay competitive.
:p

Cheers

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF

We are playing on Sundays at Pitt Meadows Athletic Park at 2:15 these fields are some of the best in the lower mainland :)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razor Burn

TR,

Isn't it time to add AU to the Div 1 poll and remove SU? I think then you will have an accurate version of this years Div1.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millhouse is correct...

however, AURazor/Razorback's lot can be added but other than AU Razor's two votes, they won't get any others as the poll is about which side is going to WIN!

To get to the winning category the AURazor group would have to drop a couple more divisions.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millhouse,

Done. Put them right at the bottom where they belong.

The poll is also opened for voting once again.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU RAZOR feeling the heat!

I know Au Razor pretty good and I know he's pissed off listening to this banter. Can you handle the heat?:knvb:

You never do know if they'll put a decent team out. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but by no means will they compete with Delta Lions.

Oliver friday nights is the best field to play on. Love those Friday nights! Couple drinks after the game and then weekend action kicks in.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: AU RAZOR feeling the heat!

Originally posted by halfvolley
You never do know if they'll put a decent team out. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but by no means will they compete with Delta Lions.

I totally agree.

But, my reasoning though is because each team is in a different division and they're each playing in a separate cup this year.

:rolleyes:

I also agree on the friday night clashes at JO setting up your weekend.
Top shelf. :wa:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Folded

Just found out yesterday that Delta United folded. Not sure who becomes the 10th team in Div1 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts