Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 CAT results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams may be a bit Humiliated with this score.

Originally posted by CDK
Croatia B humiliated Indo B yesterday.

It is as bad as Khalsa B lossing 10-nil, well 5+5 does equal 10.

How do you score 4 in 15 min., nice comeback.

HOS

Reshams Buddy

Sep 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Resham upset on King George, no not that King George; im talking about the other one!

Mine and Reshams PFC team were totally caught off guard yesterday when we were leading 5-1 with 13 minutes to go and the other team scored 4 goals in the closing minutes of the match. I have never seen Resham so mad and angry before. We ensure all you PFC supporters (and i know there are many upon many of you out there :D ) that this will never happen again. And oh yes, Resham is really angry with you Bal so don't call him 20 minutes into the game that you can't make it. Such behaviour will not be tolerated and if this is to remain continuous than you will no longer be part of the PFC bhangra team. Anyways, i cannot go on further because me and Resham have taken this tie to the heart. We lost a vital 3 points and only came away with 1. We will have to make up for this game next week, so be sure to see me and Resham with our turbans held up high on our heads wearing the PFC bhangra team colors and cheering our team on to victory

hit the dance floor my jellow bhangra team

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

GO PFC GO!!!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United B 10 - Khalsa B - 0

Ouch. Now that is a drubbing. What happened to Khalsa? And where was the Premier team help if they were struggling to field a side? Curious to hear from KNVB on this one.

Surrey U do play Premier guys (KNVB, Guinness, etc.) in these games as do teams like Metro Ford. This makes the CAT games more challenging and gives the CAT guys something more to play for as they are not in the open competition. Games like Surrey and Metro Ford are always big games for our guys as they know there is a definite club connection there that shows on the field. Some CAT sides last year showed no evidence of connection on the field to their Premier sides other than the odd CAT guy who sat on the Premier side lines and never played. May be different this year, haven't seen all CAT sides yet.

MetroFord had the same mid field out against Sap yesterday that played in the Friday night Premier game, until fatigue set in for those guys who did play both games. Matt Humphries (MF fwd) and some of the defense for MF (Danny Jones) also played lots Friday night. It is a good example for younger players who see guys going two games and working hard in both. It sometimes younger players longer to develop the work ethic of older more experienced guys.

Sap has a few Premier guys who regularly help out but at the start of this season we were going it alone with all the new, young guys. Didn't work in the standings as it takes time to develop a team with so many new guys. Our Sat match with MF had only Mike Rogers from the Premier team (played his first CAT game) and Trevor Todd, who is also our assistant coach as he helped recruit this team of mostly Maple Ridge guys.

I can see it now, Martin Foden ;) not taking out the big guns until they were sure they had the game in hand. Probably around the 7 to 0 mark. :)

Where are Khalsa posters??

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only premier guys Croatia uses this season are the young guys that don't get much playing time with the first team. I think this is the best use for the CAT system. These players range from 16 to 21 and having the CAT system for these guys to develop is very handy. This is one of the plus sides to having a CAT system.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the 10-0 game

The Khalsa A players do not play with the B team unless they need fitness or are not getting time with the big club. I was not there but Khalsa CAT played at 12 while Khalsa Premier played at 2. Therefore it was unrealistic to have some of the Premier players play before the game.

The Premier players did come out to play against Surrey A but got the huge result it needed.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, no premier players were used or needed. Surrey just has a great youth system and some quaility CAT players....

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB and Youth System in Surrey

KNVB: Are you then saying that when you and Guinness et al played Sap B in league play, that you are simply part of the great Surrey youth system? ;)

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Wasn't Me!

Reccos,

I think you make a good point except that that wasn't me who played for the CAT team on Saturday. I was too busy coaching and yelling at my kids team. Besides, I was too knackered after missing the first three weeks of the season.

His name is GREG Jones and he's going to be a very good player for the Wolves "A" in the future.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos, let me re-phrase... No premier players were used or needed IN THAT GAME. Surrey just has a great youth system and some quality CAT players...

Obviously, the Cat system is also good for Fat old buggers who have had a couple week off to recover some of their lost fitness. Right... GJones ;)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJones and Greg Jones - Metro Ford

And I thought that was the best I had seen you play! ;)
Just kidding.

You are right. He is a good player and he played well along with everyone else. I don't think there was a bad game played by anyone in that match (MF vs Sap B).

KNVB: does this mean that when we go to Surrey to play your CAt guys there won't be KNVB for the young guys to kick around?

:p

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll make a point to get double duty that week.

It's all about the kids. All about the kids....

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC B 0 - Metro Ford B 1

A game that lacked many chances at either end. I think MF had about three or four decent chances to RUFC's one (even that was a scramble).

MF played a very organized game and we had trouble penetrating their defence in the last third of the field.

Their goal came on either a well placed left footed top corner shot or a miskick - hard to tell.

Referee was a non-factor in the outcome, nice to see a ref in control of a game for 90 mins. Nice game Walks!!

Most annoying part of the game was the MF #9 - Gus telling the RUFC backline all about his "good forwarding" :confused:

A much better performance from a somewhat depleted Richmond team after last weeks debacle.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B 6 - Norvan 2

Sapperton got off to a quick 2 zip lead with Adam Steffich and Adamo Artuso scoring their first of two goals each on the day within the first 15 minutes.

Sapperton gave up a very stupid PK to let Norvan back into the match before the half finished at 2-1.

Funny thing happened at the half. We knew early in the game that Norvan were playing a guy not on the list as the player was the brother of Premier GK Mike Arrano. While Bryan Wevers was stretching to come on in the second half the ref mentioned that there was an issue with one of their players not on the list. Before the ref could say that he meant that a player just arrived at the half, and wanted to be added to the list, Bryan said 'Oh yeah, we already know that Arrano is not on the list'.

This caused a ref's conference with a couple of Norvan guys yapping that this didn't make sense. First of all, Sapperton didn't deliberately bring this up. WAB inadvertently finked. We would only have brought it up if we had lost. ;) Second, the guy isn't signed. Third, it was a Norvan player who suggested that they simply end the game and go watch their other team play, not Sapperton. We wanted to play obviously.

Norvan quickly tied up the game in the second only to face 4 unanswered goals from Sap strikers and a back liner. Following a purse swinging duel with the illegal player, Adamo Artuso finished the second of his two goals on the day. A goal of the week had to be Bryan Johns header at the back post on a great cross from Chad August (who scored yesterday in the Premier game vs ACM). Bryan Johns got great height and arrived at the ball despite knowing he was going to pay with a big hit on him.

Great play by the midfield of Daniel McLuckie and Adam Steffich on the flanks and Chad August and Mike Rogers in the center.

Injured player, Matteo Lanci notched the final goal and had near misses on two occasions despite entering the game with little time on the clock.

In a game that lacked the intensity of last week's Sap B - MF game, Sap played very well in all positions and in both halves started fast. Then Sap let Norvan into the game for a lengthy stretch, but finished each half in a dominating fashion.

This week we had subs!!!! Next week a chance to redeem the 1 -0 loss to Sporting B!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap B 2 - Sporting 1

Gotta run fast to the races but Sap B came from a one goal deficit to overtake Sporting with two unanswered goals.

Good result as Sap carried a lot of the play and went 3 at the back with 10 min to go in the first half until both goals were scored - then back to 4-4-2.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2 Westside 0

RUFC were full value for their 3 points. We dominated the first 25 minutes of the game scoring 2, having two cracks miss by inches with the keeper stranded on both and a 6 yard over the top sitter we missed.

Westside picked it up after about 30 minutes but had no quality scoring chances before the half.

Second half was a bit more scrappy play. Westside keeper made a couple of saves on long shots from RUFC. In the last few minutes some scramble back line play from RUFC created a couple of opportunities for Westside but they lacked any finish on the day. They had one clear cut chance to score but their player did a huge swing and miss with the ball sitting right in front of him.

Re-match with Sapp next week on the small field eh Reccos? ;)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wally Bring Your Runners

You're going to see the widest field in Div. CAT at Central Park next Sunday and you won't have the tricky wind conditions that enabled your goal to dip in under the bar!!!!

Should be a good game.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binoculars Required

Reccos,

In all likelihood, I will be viewing this from one of those wide sidelines you mention due to a recent lack of training on my part.
:(

And just to get his credit in, Dirty Daddy hit an absolute cracker of a free kick on the weekend - 25 yards out, left of the 18 circle and located his shot in the top corner. Nice goal Mr. D.:D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wally - You Need Better Excuses

Wally:

Obviously you are lacking in the manufacturing of excuses to miss training. Maybe there should be a thread on this. I know I have heard my share of good,and not so good ones, as a coach.

Here's a couple for you to try:

I missed Thursday training, because I lost my licence and I had the week off to get the problem fixed and I might lose my job.

(A perennial late comer warned to arrive on time): My car would only turn right and there was no way I could make it on time as I couldn't turn left.

I went to indoor soccer instead with (name another player) as he tells me it is really helping his outdoor game.

I slept in as I took a nap but forgot to set my alarm clock.

I didn't come because I was going to come with my brother who was sick in bed, and I didn't know, until it was too late, that he wasn't going.

Wally: these are a start for you. Hope you can play Sunday. Bring your family and have at least one person from out of town. That makes the coach feel bad.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap B 1 vs Richmond United 1

Sapperton came back with seconds left on the clock to tie the game in extra time on a great goal by centre back Sven Wagner on a long pass down the middle by second half sub Bryan Wevers.
For the last ten minutes Sap pushed everyone but the GK up in RUFC's half to try and get the equalizer.

A bit biased perhaps, but I thought Sap had the better of the attacking play in the second half and simply couldn't finish. RUFC keeper had a good game and without him in the second half, it might have been a different result.

Sap's keeper left in a bit of a soft one as he had the ball and dropped it.

A well played game like the last one. There are some good teams this year in Div. 1 CAT B. Haven't seen the A half yet.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great to hear the Coach fault his Keeper

Originally posted by Reccos
Sap's keeper left in a bit of a soft one as he had the ball and dropped it.

Perhaps it was your fault for how you lined your team up?

How about Khalsa 7 vs. Sportstoon 4, any word on this game. Sounds like a shoot-out.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0