Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 CAT results

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a soft one!!!

In response to Reccos assessment on the weak goal, I whole heartidly agree with him.Mark my words this type of goal will not be scored on the Sapperton goalie again and this means trouble for the rest of the league.Thank you Reccos for your constructive critisizm it motivates me to get better......see ya at training!!!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Shite

And I didn't know the keeper read this stuff!!!

Well, if it is any consolation, if the guys out of the net only finished some great opportunities the goal wouldn't have mattered.

As the great Edmonton Eskimo former coach, Hugh Campbell said to kicker Dave Cutler after he missed a game losing field game against the Lions: Never be so arrogant to think that one play or one player wins or loses a game.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's Wally

Wally, normally the first to post CAT results has gone silent. Did you try some of my excuse list for missing training and they didn't work. ;)

A detail about the Sap B 1 - Richmond United 1 game last Sunday that I forgot to mention.

With the score 1-0 in favour of Richmond, the ref, Chris ?, calls a hand ball inside RUFC's 18 yard line. Ref lines up a direct kick for a hand ball, not on the penalty spot, but inside the 18 where the infraction occurred. When our player then pointed out that it had to be a PK - after the ref acknowledged it was a handball! - he said no it wasn't a hand ball. Sap got the direct kick but couldn't finish it. The ref was very fair overall but how could he screw up that one!

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap vs RUFC

Yes Reccos, I am late in posting!:( I think I'd have to use all your excuses to get myself out of the bad books - Thursday night I'm going to training for sure.:D

It was a fair result in my opinion although I'm not sure how much extra time the ref wanted to play - our sideline counted 5 minutes and I did hear your sideline shout 1 minute left when the ref had just told me 6 - I think he must have forgotten when he started his watch:D You goal was basically the last kick of the game and the only reason your player latched on to the long punt and hope from BW was the fact that it landed in the sandtrap and stuck to his foot. He sure stuck it top corner though!

That being said - you are correct in stating that Sap had more of the attacking play in the second half - I know we cleared one of the line and stopped another that had beat the keeper and was heading goalward.

The first half saw more attacking chances for RUFC but a lack of shooting boots really didn't put your keeper to the test. Fortunate it appears as he actually dropped two (Sorry McDirty :D ) -the goal and one other that we should have buried.

It was an odd call in the box although I think you mistold the story slightly. The ref called a handball in the box and then based on "no intent" gave an INDIRECT free kick about 10 yards out. Technically, the only time handball should be called is when it is deliberate but we know that is rarely how the refs call it. In this case I think the ref was unsure of how he should have proceeded and made what he thought was a fair decision under the pressure of multiple shouts. Tough call and either team would have felt it was wrong no matter which way he had decided to do it!

I agree with you about the quality of play in the division though this year. Every match has been pretty competitive (minus our match vs. Burnaby:mad: )

Overall this was the 2nd enjoyable well played game with Sapp this year. Good luck to them now that we're through!!

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Wally, I was at this game as a spectator and I did not find your game very enjoyable. I thought the play was sloppy and the skill was poor. I think you guys should train an extra hour on Thursday night to make up for how boring and unentertaining the game was.

I will be at your next game and I better see a better game out of you guys.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wally and the Hand Ball

He did add just short of five minutes to the second half which was about the amount of time your guys were able to waste, etc. But his handling of the handball was wrong.

You are right that your guy didn't do it deliberately, however it did hit his hand and impede the ball going through. To us it had to be a peno. Them's the breaks. I might have lost it but I didn't know if he was calling the hand ball or if he saw something else and not that. A very strange interpretation.

It seemed to us after that the guy simply didn't want to give a PK.

Good luck to RUFC guys. We have Burnaby this Sunday and they seem to be winning a lot lately.

Is the sheep shagger with you guys?? And I thought you guys were classy. ;)

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have played in the VMSL for many years and have never seen a ref blow a call so badly….What was he thinking. You just cant find good refs these days. I was about 15 yards from the play and saw the whole thing clearly. We know we got lucky this time.

Wally, see you at training tonight.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep Shagger

Despite my initial thoughts of how to respond to your critique of the game, I have since read your later post and let me say this instead ...

If you are who I think you are.... the only time you're 15 yards from anything is when you're marking a man!!!;)

Reccos, our coach stated we played a 55 minute second half - and not sure what you are referring to but we weren't doing any time wasting - our keeper is always that slow with goal kicks;)

Good luck vs. Burnaby!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second Half

It was about 20 seconds under 50 minutes. Your coach must have lost track of time. I had it on my stop watch.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia B- 1
Toon B- feck all

Croatia B scored a beautiful goal early and then used the rest of the game as a practice session.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 5 RUFC 2

Impossible to sound like anything other than a sore loser but the scoreline was not indicative of the play.

After an early 10 minute spell of pressure by Sporting, RUFC carried the play for the rest of the half (most of the game really). In that time we made a couple of mistakes and Sporting punished them. They scored two goals on three chances in the half.

Early second half saw Richmond miss a clanger - two yards off the line with no-one close and we hit the bar (sorry Belfast C :rolleyes: ). It just looked like that kind of day. Sporting got a third off a corner - poor marking by Richmond before a dodgy PK call gave RUFC a slim lifeline.

Another RUFC mistake while pushing everyone forward made it 4-1, then 4-2 and finally a late goal for Sporting 5-2. Sporting finished their chances well going 5 for about 8 scoring chances in the game. Sporting keeper also made a few good saves and was solid with the ball throughout!

Dissapointing game!:mad:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ford wolves "b"

good match ,with metro ford --indo end to end

result metro 2 --indo o

:D :)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap B vs Burnaby Canadians

Sapperton with a great second half comeback to win 2 to 1 with an own goal by Burn to equalize and a great diving header by Trevor Todd to put it away.

A very odd own goal by Burnaby. Trevor Todd screened the ball inside the 18 from two Canadians only to have the third one come from the top of 18 as he turned and beat him to the shot. I must say that guy has great finish.

The ref was consistently poor all day although in the first half some of the fouls agains Sapperton B were brutal. Gave them a PK (very dodgy as it occurred (if it was even a foul!) where the guy had no chance of trying for net). Mc Dirty came up big on the save.

Burnaby have a very good, skilled team.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap Jugernauts

Reccos,
One week you're criticizing Midnight Oil (aka McDirty) for his dropped ball...shouldn't you praise him for the great PK save that turned the game around?

Next week against MF will be intense.

Mo played well. Him and his gal are breaking up. Apparantly she doesn't trust him. Smart gal!

WAB (Gossip King)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach?????

I don't get it. Last week I set up the tying goal. This week I sit for 90min. WTF? I'm so Drew Bledso!:rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB & McDirty

Yes, McDirty made a great save on the PK! This was a great save and overall he did a good job of shot stopping.

WAB sat for 90 minutes as he arrived late, first off. Second, when we were tied at 1 in the second half and a guy got injured, he said he was too cold to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0