Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 15

Who is your MOTW?

• LUFC Dynamo vs. Guildford FC Marga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PAU Nomads vs. BC Utd.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the fcuk is going on with bc utd ?? n10h, elbowroom ?! you guys field a solid squad 2 weeks ago vs us, and cant get at least 7 out against the struggling nomads? FFS, you guys need to get your shite together, with that many guys amongst 2 squads your first team shouldn't have any forfeits yet they have 2? you guys are capable of being mid pack but if you can't get guys out then whats the point of having a team? or even two teams ?! just make one team and maybe you guys wont have to forfeit. hopefully your injured guys get better and other guys start showing up so you guys stick around or else it could be two div 3 teams and that would be pointless......

rant over.

Hurricane09

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - Week 15 - Sun
White Rock Utd A 1 - Stolo United A 2

I thought Stolo had been a bit stronger when we played them a few weeks ago.

No Cards. In White Rock.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you can rant at us because you sold-out and joined wiht SFC? You're a tool. You had 3 ACBC premier call-ups and still barely beat us. You can't even field your own team FFS. Next time I see a Coyote I'm gonna punt it. Smile Jimmy!! Wham
My team has never forfeited a single game in 6 years since we joined the fvsl, we've played short and lost by a lot and even won some games playing short. Its not easy getting guys out in the cold, rain...etc etc.. We joined sfc because when you have a hard time getting guys out it helps that you have guys to call up so you don't have to forfeit. You and n10h are good guys stuck with a difficult bunch right now. Join a club and you won't have to worry about forfeiting any games. Have a happy Happy holidays.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hindsight is always 20/20. I'd have advised n10h and er to have one good team with depth or even perhaps too many players than to have struggled the way they have this year, but unfortunately for them my crystal ball was broken. ;)

They were taking over ACBC D1's spot, and presumably some players, and had their two teams from last year also... so I don't begrudge them their decision, although now it's looking to be a gamble that didn't pay off.

It sucks to forfeit, we as Nomads have never done that either. We had to pull from U-21 and Masters to get our 15 guys for this weekend and needless to say we were all a bit gutted to hear n10h's news Saturday afternoon on the way to the park.

I'm sure they'll get their crap together as ER and N10H are good guys.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thx JBN,

We will mix the teams in the summer ( tues+ sunday ) and we are talking to a masters team. or we could sell-out.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What BC united should do is just talk with another team struglling to get guys in a lower division if they were willing to join up with them. Cause it's pretty obvious there should not be two teams taking up spots.

This year has been weird. The league really needs to rethink the allignment. There should not be only one div.2. Have two div.2's, two div.3's and two div 4's. The top 4 teams in our division alone should not be playing in div.4. Would make it alot better for everyone.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What BC united should do is just talk with another team struglling to get guys in a lower division if they were willing to join up with them. Cause it's pretty obvious there should not be two teams taking up spots.

This year has been weird. The league really needs to rethink the allignment. There should not be only one div.2. Have two div.2's, two div.3's and two div 4's. The top 4 teams in our division alone should not be playing in div.4. Would make it alot better for everyone.

Disagree with the 2 division 2's, it'll plan out better next year when marga are gone, and abby/celtic/gunners replace them. I don't know much about how the competition is in div 4 but i agree that a few could more than likely hold there own in div 3 which will also be sorted out when the relegation/promotions happen next year. I think this lay out is good and it'll show better next year. I've asked before without answer but is there a Brander cup this year?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree with the 2 division 2's, it'll plan out better next year when marga are gone, and abby/celtic/gunners replace them. I don't know much about how the competition is in div 4 but i agree that a few could more than likely hold there own in div 3 which will also be sorted out when the relegation/promotions happen next year. I think this lay out is good and it'll show better next year. I've asked before without answer but is there a Brander cup this year?

yes, there is a bradner cup.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

one div 2 is good enough. everything is fine as is. look at the tables and you see for yourself. WRU B with a goal diff of +50 and have a loss against a 6th place team. not taking anything away from them or to the team they lost to. they obviously are doing something right if they're #1 with the results they have....we'll see how well these teams will be come cup time when these power house div 3-4 teams are matched up against mid table div 2 teams. clearly we can say and think whatever we want now, but until cup time comes and we see these match ups we can't really say much, and even then its a one n out. cant compare that to league play where you need consistency, not just beat one good team and think you can play at that level....lots of different factors come in to play but head to head results speak for themselves...

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What BC united should do is just talk with another team struglling to get guys in a lower division if they were willing to join up with them. Cause it's pretty obvious there should not be two teams taking up spots..

You're right and we are in talks to join with another club or team. These thing take time and this year was the sh hits for both teams.

So far year one we promoted then won the KLS Sunday open vs. Inter
Year two we almost promoted to D2 won the KLS Sunday open vs. Inter.
Year three....re-read this thread lol.

I found out Port Moody Magpies have been together for 14 years. Pretty hard to compete with that kind of dedication, something that we are finding very difficult this year. We have a plan and deep pockets so I hope that the rest of the teams can look past this year and support a club trying to make their way in this cruel, cruel world we have come to love.(TTP)<3

Merry Christmas you Bastards!

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the fcuk is going on with bc utd ?? n10h, elbowroom ?! you guys field a solid squad 2 weeks ago vs us, and cant get at least 7 out against the struggling nomads? FFS, you guys need to get your shite together, with that many guys amongst 2 squads your first team shouldn't have any forfeits yet they have 2? you guys are capable of being mid pack but if you can't get guys out then whats the point of having a team? or even two teams ?! just make one team and maybe you guys wont have to forfeit. hopefully your injured guys get better and other guys start showing up so you guys stick around or else it could be two div 3 teams and that would be pointless......

rant over.

Jimmy, this year’s results and standing are definitely not reflection our full team. I’ve said this before, but both the Div.2 and Div.3 team have suffered lots of injuries to key players this and it’s thrown both teams off, especially the Div.2 team. Nothing you can do about it, and you can’t just replace those players with anyone if you want to compete. We’re just now starting to get players back.

I mean the game 2 weeks ago against you guys was a small glimpse of us close to full strength. But unfortunately it’s too little too late for this season. Like you alluded to it’s consistency a team needs game in and game out, and we only had that on a blue moon this season.

This weekend in particular was tough, cause it was week before Xmas, and there were just too many office parties/events happening on top of the injuries. I let the league know that as well in advance, and tried rescheduling to another date, but they said it was Saturday or bust, so we had to cancel it. And it’s not just us, there were 5 forfeited games this weekend, and who knows how many games played with teams playing short players.

PAU luckily has a club system to draw from a Masters and U21, but we don’t have that luxury. And that’s the beauty of the club system, it probably saved PAU and countless other teams from forfeiting, and on the flip, helped some promote or compete for promotion this year (Hi Jimmy :) )

Anyways…..the break should help, hopefully have a full-strength squad for the last 3 games and have a full squad for the Presidents Cup. Looking to avoid relegation, but with Stolo turning it on late, gonna need a miracle to stay in Div.2.

Congrats to Inter on winning the Division.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen this discussion is useless.

The divisions are exactly as they need to be, sure some early promotion consideration should/could be considered for some teams absolutely wrecking shop in the lower divisions, but that is nether here nor there, as this has happened in the past years with teams like the Yotes, Us Nomads, ACBC on their years of consecutive promotion, FVRD and Guildford's boys... I remember our first year in the valley we were essentially running over everyone in D3, we had our way with one D2 team in cup and went out against a midpack tough as nails Clones team in a muckfest at MAP.

Even this year's D2 pales in comparison to last years D2, the teams are consistently better, offering better fitter players to play with and against each year, more organized teams formation and tactics wise, and most importantly: more often than not all teams in D2 have some combination of Club system help in the way of a d3, d4 or masters and U21 team to help out with. EVERY team in D2 has help from somewhere, how and when they choose to utilize that help is up to them and their clubs.

Evidence: The least amount of help is offered to Guildford Marga, I'm not sure if they even belong to a club or have a b team or belong to SFC... They're in last. BCU, Stolo, and WRU only each have 1 other team to help them (WRU lost their masters team only days before the season started), and they are the next wave of teams lowest in the division. Coincidence? I think not.

Another thing, that may or may not be worth mentioning, is the long term forecast schedule is no longer available... I can't even look ahead without doing some of my own detective work, to see what the next games are scheduled for and where after the break. This is especially going to hurt the teams where guys lack dedication and or have weekend and night shifts for work. This isn't meant to be a criticism of the league, but constructive critique... We are left to guess at when/where our games are going to fall for only two weeks ahead for Jan 6/7/8

My prediciton for the rest of D2 is as follows: About more of the same. The table won't look starkly different than what it looks like now. The Nomads will climb a little based on games in hand and considering the transfer deadline and remaining opposition. Same for LUFC Young Guns, I see the YG's pushing for second and the Yotes scrapping hard to keep it. The Dynamo are on form, only losing two of their last large amount of games, but still have to play some stronger teams, they have no "softballs" left as they still have to play the Knights, Inter, and Yotes. If I'm a guessing man the teams going to be hardest hit come transfer deadline are the Young Guns, Inter and potentially the Yotes... the other teams not so much and those three teams are the class of the division to date.

As for Cup I'm looking forward to playing some of these upstart teams from the lower divisions. Some of these teams will get eye openers. Can you imagine being one of these teams in D4 and then having to lineup against the beast midfielders and defenders from the Knights? Or having to chase AJ and Curtis and co from Inter around? Norco Blues and WRU B (Vault) have had Success in the past in the Cup, but they've been playing considerably weaker teams week in and week out in league play,

I'm sure there will be your usual suspects from the current D2 hanging around, as well as a few teams that were in the running but just slipped last year into the now D3 like Abby Celtic etc.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The divisions are exactly as they need to be, sure some early promotion consideration should/could be considered for some teams absolutely wrecking shop in the lower divisions, but that is nether here nor there, as this has happened in the past years with teams like the Yotes, Us Nomads, ACBC on their years of consecutive promotion, FVRD and Guildford's boys... I remember our first year in the valley we were essentially running over everyone in D3, we had our way with one D2 team in cup and went out against a midpack tough as nails Clones team in a muckfest at MAP.

Even this year's D2 pales in comparison to last years D2, the teams are consistently better, offering better fitter players to play with and against each year, more organized teams formation and tactics wise, and most importantly: more often than not all teams in D2 have some combination of Club system help in the way of a d3, d4 or masters and U21 team to help out with. EVERY team in D2 has help from somewhere, how and when they choose to utilize that help is up to them and their clubs.

Evidence: The least amount of help is offered to Guildford Marga, I'm not sure if they even belong to a club or have a b team or belong to SFC... They're in last. BCU, Stolo, and WRU only each have 1 other team to help them (WRU lost their masters team only days before the season started), and they are the next wave of teams lowest in the division. Coincidence? I think not.

Another thing, that may or may not be worth mentioning, is the long term forecast schedule is no longer available... I can't even look ahead without doing some of my own detective work, to see what the next games are scheduled for and where after the break. This is especially going to hurt the teams where guys lack dedication and or have weekend and night shifts for work. This isn't meant to be a criticism of the league, but constructive critique... We are left to guess at when/where our games are going to fall for only two weeks ahead for Jan 6/7/8

My prediciton for the rest of D2 is as follows: About more of the same. The table won't look starkly different than what it looks like now. The Nomads will climb a little based on games in hand and considering the transfer deadline and remaining opposition. Same for LUFC Young Guns, I see the YG's pushing for second and the Yotes scrapping hard to keep it. The Dynamo are on form, only losing two of their last large amount of games, but still have to play some stronger teams, they have no "softballs" left as they still have to play the Knights, Inter, and Yotes. If I'm a guessing man the teams going to be hardest hit come transfer deadline are the Young Guns, Inter and potentially the Yotes... the other teams not so much and those three teams are the class of the division to date.

As for Cup I'm looking forward to playing some of these upstart teams from the lower divisions. Some of these teams will get eye openers. Can you imagine being one of these teams in D4 and then having to lineup against the beast midfielders and defenders from the Knights? Or having to chase AJ and Curtis and co from Inter around? Norco Blues and WRU B (Vault) have had Success in the past in the Cup, but they've been playing considerably weaker teams week in and week out in league play,

I'm sure there will be your usual suspects from the current D2 hanging around, as well as a few teams that were in the running but just slipped last year into the now D3 like Abby Celtic etc.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said JBN.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said JBN.

Crazyiest thing is both these guys posted while playing MW3...who says you cant multi task

JBN: Breaker Breaker crazy Cascade you got your ears on?
Cascade: Thats a 10-4 JBN....
JBN:posting a dozy on ttp right now....
Cascade:I got my free hand ready to hit the "like" over...

I :heart: u to crazy kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0