Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 D2 MOTW Week 15

Who is your MOTW?

• LUFC Dynamo vs. Guildford FC Marga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PAU Nomads vs. BC Utd.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 3 Gunners to go on a cup run and win, Abby to beat Inter, Gunners beat Abby in the all div 3 final - Gunners with the advantage bc we're stocked with div 1 players :)

This whole debate is endless. There will always be teams that are too good for div 2, 3, 4. At the end of the day, the new format was created to make the top divisions, div 1 primarily, which I can speak from experience, it definately has. This is the most balanced div 1 I've played in over the last 3-4 years. Its good to see div 2 is fairly competitive with only Stolo and Marga (teams that shouldn't have been in div 1 or 2 to begin with) struggling.

A div 4 with 4 teams with 10 wins is a bad thing? Sounds like a pretty good, competitive fun division. If you're playing down there, and have been for more then 2 years isn't that what you want? Clearly you're not playing to get to div 1, so who cares.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries jbn, lack of depth is the biggest problem I had to deal with this year. Once those injuries hit, the Div.2 team was decimated. But it's a great learning lesson: to compete for Division titles you have to have both a strong desire and commitment to win every game, but depth to cover things like injuries. One off Cups are actually the easiest to prepare for, but that long haul of consistently playing well and having good numbers every week, is the biggest challenge. Hats off to all the teams promoted and fighting for promotion, except Poco, that was just money. lol :p:D

To add to your conversation though, I've played against most of the Div.2 and Div.3 teams this year, played with WRU in Summer, scrimmaged couple times against SP Lions this year at practice, and seen most of the Div.1 teams from last year. And most of the top half (#1,2,3) Div.3 teams could hold their own easily in Div.2 and some fight for promotion. Even mid-pack teams like Metro Ford, who are fit, skilled, played a while together, could challenge. And some of the top Div.4 could also hold their own. Usually for Div.4 teams it's coming out with a strategy and playing with no fear.

When I say fear that might change for some after they face the NFS Knights. Hope no one is drinking on their sidelines and decides to rush the field. LOL :D Anyways, most Div.2 teams have gotten there cause they have earned it, so they are no push overs.

Anyways, it really all depends on that team's ambition and commitment to winning. Doesn't matter in what division.
I know for example WRU B has been in Div.3/Div.4 for a while, they have been a team teetering on getting committed, and they finally did this year, and it looks like they will win the division this year. And WRU B has some solid players, for example the best player on the WRU A team that we played against 2 weeks ago was Zack who plays on WRU B.

In the end, Hope both Whalley and Nomads meet in the Cup, are you ready, are you ready? Let's get it on..:)

On a sidenote, I don't what the PAU Div.1 and Prem need help on, just have a limo ready to pick up Kush and Taki and all the PAU teams will do well, and Div.2 is gonna be smokin competitive next year with Abby Utd, Celtic, and Pomo Gunners. I think the new alignment is good. After a couple seasons, it will really make the Prem, Div.1 and Div.2 levels really competitive.....and only those Div.3 and Div.4 teams that really want it will crack Div.2.

There you go.Reality does exist in div.2. C4L it is exactly what I was saying but then it turned into a convo about div.2 be so unreachable by div.4 teams. If you didn't hear div.2 is like Premier B to the guys in this thread. Hopefully Nomads don't beat their first round team by 3 touchdowns that would just be bad for the league.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 3 Gunners to go on a cup run and win, Abby to beat Inter, Gunners beat Abby in the all div 3 final - Gunners with the advantage bc we're stocked with div 1 players :)

This whole debate is endless. There will always be teams that are too good for div 2, 3, 4. At the end of the day, the new format was created to make the top divisions, div 1 primarily, which I can speak from experience, it definately has. This is the most balanced div 1 I've played in over the last 3-4 years. Its good to see div 2 is fairly competitive with only Stolo and Marga (teams that shouldn't have been in div 1 or 2 to begin with) struggling.

A div 4 with 4 teams with 10 wins is a bad thing? Sounds like a pretty good, competitive fun division. If you're playing down there, and have been for more then 2 years isn't that what you want? Clearly you're not playing to get to div 1, so who cares.

The top 4 teams are competitive in our division(4B) but after that it's pretty weak. I'm not looking to move up to say I play a higher division I just want to go out and play against teams with full squads and that are better then the bottom 6 in our division. It would be more fun just the top 4 playing against each other.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
N10 HB you could not have said it better! We at WRU (B) have starting line that could compete in div.1/2... and 4 or 5 who could walk on to prem. But as for the rest/ subs, they play in what you call "fear".... Put them against the nights who play physical, could be a different story amigo!
As for "Kush" N10hb, hes old and retired now hahah, and taki will not leave premier. (Both 2 of the best I have ever had to play against luckly).
WC leave these Div.2 Snubbers alone, and lets do our talking on the field and ill see you in the finals of the cup hahha, you can take out Inter and we will take care of the Young Guns since we did it last year (yotes in the semis for us hahah).

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN I like you guys but I think your Nomad hard-on has interfered with the clarity of your thinking. To believe that teams from Div.3 and 4 are that weak is not quite accurate. It took you guys 4 or 5 years more and a merge with another team to be promoted to Div.1. Then the league changed the formation and you're still in Div.2. There are many teams in Div.3 that you played for years before the formation change and didn't roll over, or you would have been promoted much earlier.
I played premier in the early 90's, that's right early 90's and like my game have slowed and dropped over the years to the lower divisions. Was part of the Clones team that beat you in the cup. I agree with the assessment as an overall view of players and divisions that was made but don't believe that the separation between divisions is that big yet.
That being said, WC you have been part of at least 3 teams I know of. You have always played in the lowest division. Won it, only to be demoted the following year.
C4L your teams haven't finished better than 4th until this year but you always seem to think promotion was deserved.
Both your teams could compete in Div.3 but probably wouldn't be competing for promotion. My old team and my new team are so poor we can't even use 2 oo's, it just comes out as po. But without injuries to key players and other commitments we would be right there looking at promotion. Hey I guess I'm getting the hang of this, now we sound like a Div.2 team too.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like I'm talking to children here. I don't remember saying every D3 or D4 team is garbage and never have a hope of ever making it let alone compete in D2. I started a team in D3 and we went to D1 so it's obviously possible. But to think a bunch of D4 teams have legitimate shots to beat a D2 team (save for Marga, Stolo, BC with no players) is ridiculous. You face little to no REAL competition all year, and then have to take on a team that's been playing against the same type of talent all year? In our D3 year Abby and us went 15-0-1 with our loss to each other, and we both allowed 15 goals combined (us 6, them 9). We shite pumped teams all year, and then we both got matched up against top 5 D2 teams. Both of us lost IIRC in Abby's case, although we took it to a shootout, but only because our goalie stood on his head. We weren't able to deal with a team constantly pressuring us, and it was tough defensively because we were used to facing 1 or 2 offensive threats, not an entire midfield and strikers. Since no one in D4 has anywhere close to that type of record (WRU has the closest) what makes you think a bunch could compete? The top teams in D3 will be able to compete for sure, since they at least will have tough games against each other. Does that make more sense?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like I'm talking to children here. I don't remember saying every D3 or D4 team is garbage and never have a hope of ever making it let alone compete in D2. I started a team in D3 and we went to D1 so it's obviously possible. But to think a bunch of D4 teams have legitimate shots to beat a D2 team (save for Marga, Stolo, BC with no players) is ridiculous. You face little to no REAL competition all year, and then have to take on a team that's been playing against the same type of talent all year? In our D3 year Abby and us went 15-0-1 with our loss to each other, and we both allowed 15 goals combined (us 6, them 9). We shite pumped teams all year, and then we both got matched up against top 5 D2 teams. Both of us lost IIRC in Abby's case, although we took it to a shootout, but only because our goalie stood on his head. We weren't able to deal with a team constantly pressuring us, and it was tough defensively because we were used to facing 1 or 2 offensive threats, not an entire midfield and strikers. Since no one in D4 has anywhere close to that type of record (WRU has the closest) what makes you think a bunch could compete? The top teams in D3 will be able to compete for sure, since they at least will have tough games against each other. Does that make more sense?
I think so, yes and I agree.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kush Taki etc are already playing for mulitiple teams in the club between Dragons, Masters Prem, Prem etc... I've seen Taki out a bunch of times with D1 already, when we had 3 or 4 guys playing there already...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh? I never said I was in D1, I said our D1's were looking for help from us and masters fairly regularly... in response to others posts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley/Surrey FC Strikers, then I folded it 2 years ago. Now they're back again in D3, but it's a ton of different guys.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My humble opinion is that we have player for sure that fall in the "prem player" catagory: Carnihore.
We then have many guys that could play prem, but don't for whatever reason, including Strength & Honour, shorty007, housearrest, Paul, & Turnbull to name just a few,

If you have that many guys the could play premier then why are you only mid pack Div. 2
:confused:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My humble opinion is that we have player for sure that fall in the "prem player" catagory: Carnihore.
We then have many guys that could play prem, but don't for whatever reason, including Strength & Honour, shorty007, housearrest, Paul, & Turnbull to name just a few,

If you have that many guys the could play premier then why are you only mid pack Div. 2
:confused:

Do you even read? Out of all of those guys, they have been in the lineup together 0 times this year. We've been hit massively hard with injuries and that makes lineu.... oh fcuk it, it's been said a million times already.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Non stop excuses. its always ( not using this as excuse but our best players were missing ) i'm sure your other players love hearing that they're not the GOOD players.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you even read? Out of all of those guys, they have been in the lineup together 0 times this year. We've been hit massively hard with injuries and that makes lineu.... oh fcuk it, it's been said a million times already.

What you guys should do is instead of passing around the fantasy water,pass around some milk. You guys must have the most injuries in the history of soccer.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What you guys should do is instead of passing around the fantasy water,pass around some milk. You guys must have the most injuries in the history of soccer.

With Jbn and is21 on the same team now only one team is decimated by injuries every time they lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0