Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Cuellar was more guilty of standing in sand than Hutton on the second goal, that game (and I know it is Barca after all) is another bit of evidence that Sasa papac should be nowhere near the Gers Reserve side, nevermind thier starting 11.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Papac looked like Lee Naylor when Messi was allowed an acre of space to play the ball in past Big Mac for Henry to push in with his forearm:rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love this bit from the article :

But the Portuguese team's communications chief Ricardo Maia told his club's website: "This penalty is tough and disproportionate, taking into account the behaviour of the player during and after the game.

"Binya did not argue with the referee, he was worried about the physical condition of his professional colleague, and later apologised publicly."

Are you fcuking kidding me ?? I'm sure that's reason enough to reduce the ban to a game or two ...... because he acted genuinely concerned and apologised ??

Give me strength ........ give the cnut 10 games.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They had better not reduce his 6 match ban. If any challenge deserved it that 1 did!

But they seem to reduce every ban when it is appealed.:confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will reduce the ban, they always do...and it is shameful.
I am no Scott Broon fan, and defo like to see the Shellick suffer, but that was an animal tackle...

I'm not surprised he didn't get more than 6 games, but he could have easily been given more and I would have applauded it.

Brown is Lucky to have his left peg to stand on this weekend...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henry not playing for Barca...who cares, they're bloddy Barca. Stutty is without their Spine...I'll bet you $10.00 Stuttgart lose, unless those two magically heal overnight.

Henry has been mostly pish for Barca anyways They can always throw Bojan or Gudjohnsen out there as the lone gunman ...Ronaldinho is back for the match...Watch out Lyon, Karim Benzema will not be playing for Lyon, who will strike for them!?:cool:

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering you owe me money, I'll take that bet! Getting money from a Scotsman takes years to get anyways. Almost as bad as my Dutch friends:)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering you owe me money, I'll take that bet! Getting money from a Scotsman takes years to get anyways. Almost as bad as my Dutch friends:)

What a priceless quote, KNVB needs to read this. As a rule I'm not a fan of the squareheads but your alright in my books.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well, 3-2 'Stutty' They earned the three points, or more like Charlie Brown Adam gave them the three points, Johnny on the spot for Gers first tally, but absolutely shocking for the balance of the game following Beasely's injury.

And for those that watched it, How did Magnin not get his yellow earlier, and why was he not sent off after his piss poor foul on Naismith!? He had blocked Hutton twice before...the committed like 8 or 9 fouls and only gets a 1 yellow!?

Nice to see Charlie and Hutton get stuck into him and pick up yellows for their efforts...He will have a swollen left ankle tonight.

So for gers to advance they need to at least draw Lyon.

How does it go after that? GD between Lyon and Rangers or GD in the table in their group?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice! That nifty google thing works good... ;)
6.05 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group
matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:
a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the
teams in question;
b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams
in question;
c) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches
played among the teams in question;
d) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
e) higher number of goals scored;
f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question,
as well as its association, over the previous five seasons (see paragraph
8.02).

So the way that reads to me is that Rangers need to at least lose by no more than 2 :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong, if they lose then they would have three less points than Lyon. They need a draw or a win and they are through.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0