Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think from the noise at Ibrox after the whistle that the Gers had won. 0-0 Full time. The scum had a bit more of the ball in the 2nd half and the big man up front had a decent chance from inside the box that he shot wide. The rest of the half was Barca passing the ball around.

Arsenal now at 7-0

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rumour is Stevie that 7 points gets you to the next round usually.
At least a drop down to the UEFA.
Here's to European fitba after Christmas at Ibrox.

Thunderous applause indeed...:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your lot would be cheering too if they had drew the probable best side in the world at home. Scum?, whatever...I thought it was Boruc not shaking hands and claiming he was spat on and wee Scott Mac kicking out at Mac that were the true scum of Glasogw...Scoreboard you wanker.

Back on topic,
Hutton is the man. Easily MOTM (Both sides) His handball in the box aside ;) what a game...Novo creates havoc, but his poor passing leads me to believe Wattie made a wee mistake not intoducing him earlier...

Nice to see Barca at the death not trying anymore, just played keep away...good stuff...

And if McCullouch had hit that a bit better, whew...

And did I mention that Messi, Ronaldinho, and Henry are cheating diving bassa's? :D

Well done Lads.:wa:
3 points vs Lyon at Home and we'll gub that terrible team that is Stuttgart at their park too...I predict we finish second with 13 points.
Loss at Nou Camp
Win at Home vs Lyon
Win away to Stuttgart.:wa:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about that card display pre-game, "More than a club"? Class through and through.

Good one, Walter. Couldn't be happier that you're proving me wrong.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
By The Way, went by the club today, good thing I was early, the door was locked, no sign outside, no note on the door or at the website.
I had enough time to jet to my folks house just over the bridge and settle into Pop's leather recliner and take it in on the HD Bigscreen...but man, you think they would put up a note or something...

Think it was because it was on TSN and they just went to Moonrakers Pub?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
By The Way, went by the club today, good thing I was early, the door was locked, no sign outside, no note on the door or at the website.
I had enough time to jet to my folks house just over the bridge and settle into Pop's leather recliner and take it in on the HD Bigscreen...but man, you think they would put up a note or something...

Think it was because it was on TSN and they just went to Moonrakers Pub?

Who would have guessed you were from Surrey :D
P.S. Just a heads up. Last time we played them we beat them 1-0 at Parkhead. The sunny side of Glesga.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no way I was paying $20 to watch it with a bunch of auld, miserable cnuts when it's on TSN. Fcukin' morgue that place. Not like the good ol' days at the New West Lodge.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was certainly a drop down of ass backward shorts with the numbers on the back quarter panel on the weekend.
Right around the ankles, so they were...

:knvb:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Already thinking that Septic won't make it to the knock-out stages? The world hasn't ended because Rangers humped you 3-0. Lighten up, Sunshine.

Take it easy pal, your man Rf, the optimist as always raised the issue, my thoughts are that that does not happen anymore.

Rf your verbal diahrea has once again got the better of me.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very nice result for Rangers today against some may argue is the best club side in the world, although I personally do not agree with that evaluation. And the visitors were playing for the draw at the end.

So good for the Rangers, that is something to be very proud of. I say they play a return leg over in Paris.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Rangers again. I just was the highlights and it obviously looked like 1 way traffic BUT Barcelona didn't score and that is the bottom line. Barcelona is one of the top teams in the world and the fact Rangers held them to a clean sheet goes a long way. Congratulations but I'm you would have liked Lyon/Stuttgart to draw. Lyon is obviously the only team who can catch Rangers now and that will be difficult.

As for the UEFA question, yes the 3rd place team does go to UEFA. Rangers are guaranteed of at least that. Celtic hasn't even come close to guaranteeing that yet. A win tomorrow and they're in pretty good shape but let's be honest here......I see another wee hiding on the horizon sadly.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched the last 40 min or so last night and even though Barcelona carried the play Rangers were unlucky to not have put one away in the last 20. Had 2 or 3 good chances but great result.

Wolfgang

Aug 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Gers and their supporters! Didn't see a lick of the game though! The stats are embarrasing though. 33% possession and 0 shots on goal for the Gers. Again, this isnt always indicitive of the game.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It truly isn't. Gers sat back and countered when the chances presented themselves. They lined 4 at the back and staged the other 5 in front of Xavi, Ronnie, Messi, and Gudjohnsen...Weir, Hutton, Papac, would strip a Barca Player at the top of the box, play a pass to the midfielder open, or just gumboot it up the park to Cousin.

Rangers had 2-3 Good scoring chances...Fergie's miss (He should have dove and headed it) and McCullouch's Miss...There were a few more...

Barca carried the play though, but never really were able to create anything of use...their two best chances were off set pieces (Ronnies Crossbar free kick and Puyols' header)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so good for the Sunny side of Glasgow. By all accounts Benfica had the lions share of possesion and goal chances, if only we could have held on for 4 more minutes, against a team many would argue is the fourth best team in Portugal at this time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
second best team in scotland losing to the fourth best team in portugal sounds about right ;)

unlucky for the Celts, but the game was away afterall.. ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0