Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2007/2008

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely! The backline has been the problem since day 1 this year. What the wee man sees every game out there I dont know. Caldwell is not up to par along with Kennedy. To me I cant believe Bobo is still on the books and cant get a game before those two. Just don't get it!:confused: I hope the transfer window brings new blood but I am not holding my breath. This team is good enough to win the Scottish league but Europe is another story.

Come on the hoops!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, a massive task in Milan to earn a draw........I can't see Shakhtar losing or drawing at home to Benfica to be honest, since Benfica's away record is almost as bad as ours.........:eek: :(

It really is unbelievable that Bobo hasn't been given a chance ahead of Pressley, Kennedy, Caldwell........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC Milan embarrassed Celtic today, at least in the second half when they started trying.

Benfica with a 2 - 1 lead though, so we might scrape through.......Honestly, this performance is embarrassing especially since Milan were fielding a weakened squad....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done the Tic.
You lost today, but can thank Benfica...I'm sure the Christmas Cards from the dark side of Glasgow are pouring over the water to Portugal now as we speak (type ;) )

Seriously though...How good will it be for two Scottish Sides to be in the last 16?

countingchickensbeforetheyhatchloyal :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched most of it and didn't find Celtic that much outclassed at all.
Yes, the 2nd half was Milan's but didn't think it was that lop-sided.
Good enough Capitano - You fcuks are through. ;)

I didn't realize that Benefica had to beat Shaktar to get into the UEFA.
They had something to play for and well done to them as well.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Celtic, you earned max points at home and that proved to be the difference.
Hopefully Rangers can do the business at Ibrox tomorrow!

Follow Follow - fingerscrossedloyal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Celtic, you earned max points at home and that proved to be the difference.
Hopefully Rangers can do the business at Ibrox tomorrow!

Follow Follow - fingerscrossedloyal

No, Guinness. Tomorrow would be too close for Rangers. They don't play until next week. I thought you follow followed them enough to know their game is next week and that they get the weekend off before losing to Lyon.

Go Lyon

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched most of it and didn't find Celtic that much outclassed at all.
Yes, the 2nd half was Milan's but didn't think it was that lop-sided.
Good enough Capitano - You fcuks are through. ;)

I didn't realize that Benefica had to beat Shaktar to get into the UEFA.
They had something to play for and well done to them as well.

Is your congrats on behalf of Bucky as well....the wee man overlap his Hawaiian vacation with Rocco? :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is your congrats on behalf of Bucky as well....the wee man overlap his Hawaiian vacation with Rocco? :D

Cabo for me, Heanjob. Between monies lost via my investment manager and accountant, I can't afford such jet setting ports of call. With that said, nothing like watching Celtic get humped at the swim up (for the first few drinks anyways) bar. Good on them for qualifying.......I guess:rolleyes:

C'mon the Teddy Bears. Lucky to be evens after 10 mins, though.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cabo for me, Heanjob. Between monies lost via my investment manager and accountant, I can't afford such jet setting ports of call. With that said, nothing like watching Celtic get humped at the swim up (for the first few drinks anyways) bar. Good on them for qualifying.......I guess:rolleyes:

C'mon the Teddy Bears. Lucky to be evens after 10 mins, though.

No watching the game but by all reports Wally sure fielded a cautious line-up.....Naismith your the only hope. :confused:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walter with cautious tictacs? Nae chance. :rolleyes:

Another Euro disappointment. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Cheers, Wally.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
johnnybluenose said:
ta ta Engerland.

at least us Scots went down swinging...

Looks like you blew your load against Italy :rolleyes: Not that I've been waiting to see Rangers get punted out of the Champions League :rolleyes: but enjoy the B Cup mate ....... thumped 3-0 at home ?? Ouch .......

~memorylikeanelephant

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers 0 Lyon 3

GUTTED! The score doesn't tell much other than Scottish football is still a step behind.
Unfortunately, a defensive system of play and relying on a counter attack is just not going to be sucessful without a striker good enough to hold up the ball and talented midfielders to run off him. The defensive shape is strong, but eventually speed up front will beat you if you make a mess in your shorts.
Tonight, Rangers had at least 6 or 7 corners and 4 or 5 free kicks that failed to get over the first defender or went over everyone into the keepers arms or off the pitch! Absolutely shoc-king delivery of their set plays! Big strong lads waiting for the ball, but NO ONE to get it to them. The Gers also enjoyed loads of possession (mainly due to Lyon sitting back) however, didn't have enough creative players to break down Lyon's defense. When Ferguson finally penitrated deep and cut back a sitter, Darcheville put it over the bar from 5 yards out. After that well, the 'strong' defensive shape was caught out and Cueller missed a clean header that Benzema ran on to and finished. He clincally burried another from 25 yards a few minutes later! Good night Irene, Captain is singing.

Follow Follow...intotheUEFAcup:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0