Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brainteasers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I read it I had no idea either. I know surprise, surprise, but it's not 20 mins.

Originally posted by knvb
KNVB always leaves for soccer at the same time, gets to Guinness' house at the same time, picks him up, and takes him to soccer. One evening, Guinness, decides to leave on hour earlier and he starts walking to soccer along his usual route. When he sees the car, he gets in and continues his trip. He reaches training 20 minutes earlier than usual. How long was he walking for?

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i am assuming that it is knvb who picks up guinness, and that knvb took the same route, but maybe i'm assuming wrong. Maybe i am thinking too hard over this...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't tell you what math course I had to pass to graduate (Leave it be Fastshow) , so I can't be of much help on that part.

Sorry. :eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great one knvb:rolleyes:

Now back to the real brainteaser:

knvb was making love to his wife when he realized that he was going to be late for his soccer game. He realized that he had to satisfy her and get to the game on time. He accomplished this. What did knvb do to be successful?

Some simple parameters to make this very difficult brainteaser solveable.

1) knvb very rarely satisfies his wife
2) knvb loves emus
3) roleplaying is allowed
4) knvb is injured or suspended and likely wouldn't have been playing anyway
5) guinness was outside honking
6) knvb has an Alan Goad and Martin Foden mask

It's not polite to ignore.:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't an algebraic equation, because we're missing some info. We can only assume that by walking part way, Guiness helped KNVB save 20 minutes on the regular route.

I'm guessing he walked for an hour & 20 minutes?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
50 mins

Reasoning

training ground is between KNVB's house and Guinesses house.

KNVB picks up Guiness 10 min before he normally does shaving the extra 20 min off the round trip to Guinesses house. (from the point he picked him up). Therefore they get to training 20 min earlier and Guinness was walking for 50 min

:)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some possible answers?

First of all, the key word is "satisfied". knvb simply had to satisfy his wife. In all probability, the satisfaction came when knvb picked his tall gangly frame up away from his wife and went to the laundry room to polish his size 14 boots. Was Mrs. knvb satisfied by this? All logical thinking points to a loud yes!

If she was not satisfied by this, there are other possibilities and remember there does not always have to be an exact answer to be a solution to a brainteaser as some have gone unsolved fro years. Now really, the Alan Goad/Martin Foden masks might have had the desired effect years ago, but all logic states that a young virile mrs. knvb would rather experience other visuals. Perhaps an unsuspecting Guinness honking away in his AMC Gremlin? A simple gesture at the bedroom window by knvb to signal Guinness to venture forth would be enough to do the trick. I'm not certain, but it does sound logical.

The emu? Well, that is entirely for knvb's imagination. Perhaps a little emu visualization will enable knvb to work harder at his chore and actually satisfy his mate in the proper timeframe. I'm not sure about that either.

The jury is still out. We will successfuly answer this most difficult of brainteasers. It takes time.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, it wasn't really funny the first time so I didn't think it even warranted the minuscule answer I gave it to begin with. Don't let Fastshows praise give you a false sense of confidence, he is, after all, a putz. Actually I'm surprised he even commented, normally he only posts to make himself laugh, he couldn't honestly expect anyone on TTP to understand what the fcuk he's on about, half the time.

Congratulations on ruining my sunny day. Lets move on shall we.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the answer??? The trianing one, not the MRS KNVB one. I'm satisfied that all he had to do was get off and ask Dude to come over to finish the job he couldn't do. That would surely satisfy Mrs. KNVB.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do admit that I was happy to see Fasty's endorsement and I do think he can be brilliant at times, and a putz at others, but I really did think it was funny, emus and all.

You're the moderator, so we shall move on, but let's put this in the unsolved section of brainteasers.

Were you really having a sunny day?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver has it. AGAIN. Well done.

If Ballbay is finished here is the next one.

Every day Ballbay travels 30 miles in the course of his work. He doesn't travel in a wheeled vehicle and never has problems with traffic, the weather, or airports. What does he do?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simple

Ballbaby is a union firefighter in Surrey where they have puke coloured fire trucks and he slides up and down the fire pole all day.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That' easy!

He dosen't work!

He does however travel 30 miles a day from the lazyboy to the fridge to the lazyboy to fridge to the lazyboy...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0