Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brainteasers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmm double cheese burger comboooooo

"This parrot can repeat anything it hears," the owner of the pet shop told Janice last week. So my sister bought it. Yesterday, she went to return it, claiming that the parrot had not even said one word. However, the pet shop owner had not loed to her. Can you explain this?

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn that's fast!

Dude,

YOUDAMAN!

Quick trigger finger. One wonders, though, whether someone out there isn't going to buy a dust collector because of KNVB's brainteasers...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right...lot's of people aren't buying dust collectors today because of these fcuking brainteasers.:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last three for today. I'll be back later to check in. Good luck.

I have a book where the foreword comes after the epilogue, the end is in the first half of the book, and the index comes before the introduction. What book is it?

How can you explain that one lady works alone as a bartender, yet there is a COUPLE that works behind the counter

On the 29th of last month, there was a double murder on the Sky train from Metro town to Slurrey. The driver and the conductor were killed at the same time, even though they were at opposite ends of the train. This was confirmed by a Sky Smurf, who was at the exact center of the train and heard both gunshots at the same time.

When Sliver was told this story, he realized that both victims did not die at the same time being the cleaver bugger he is. How did he figure it out?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a book where the foreword comes after the epilogue, the end is in the first half of the book, and the index comes before the introduction. What book is it?

A Dictionary :)

now to try # 2 and #3

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the 29th of last month, there was a double murder on the Sky train from Metro town to Slurrey. The driver and the conductor were killed at the same time, even though they were at opposite ends of the train. This was confirmed by a Sky Smurf, who was at the exact center of the train and heard both gunshots at the same time.

When Sliver was told this story, he realized that both victims did not die at the same time being the cleaver bugger he is. How did he figure it out?

The killer shot the first victim while sitting in the front, back to the windshield. The bullet travelled through the first victim's head, and then struck the second victim at the other end of the train. This was helped by the train's forward velocity. Killed two guys w/ one bullet.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Doppler Effect

If he heard the shots at the exact same time and was in the exact center of the train, the person shot in the back of the train would have to have been shot first as sound takes longer to reach something that is moving away from it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver... correct
Dude... wrong (surprise)
Peter ... correct
Screw U ... Wrong on both counts.

This one is still up for grabs.

How can you explain that one lady works alone as a bartender, yet there is a COUPLE that works behind the counter

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few more easy ones for the night crew.

Where must a referee be to blow the whistle?

It occurs in a minute, twice in a week, and once in a year. What is it?
(this one ot to be good :D )

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re the second question. Is it the letter E? Did I get one? What's the reward? Free beer for life you said right? Yeeeesss!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good show Dapotayto. E is the answer. You are no longer the weeeeakest link. Now, what about the other two?

You can drink as much beer as my TTP pay cheaque allows. :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, regarding the earlier 'couple' question I have recently had an epiphany and I believe that the answer is: 'Couple' refers to the woman's name. Thus you could have a couple behind the bar.
Man, it just came to me out of the blue. Amazing:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazing is right. 2 for 350 now aren't you? ;)

Where must a referee be to blow the whistle? (Come on Walks you must know this one.)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's fcuked up

now I won't be able to sleep because knowing that the man of my dreams is really out there...well:eek: check it out yourself:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0