Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard through the grapevine, the BCPL is a NO GO from the VMSL teams........so we'll have to wait at least one year for this.

Now we are going to have 14 teams again in the Premier League......that's my guess. :) It's the only way it will work after this news...Last place still down with the 3 division one teams moving up.

I assume all the other scenarios will stay the same.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was in Victoria over the weekend and got a chance to ask a vet from Gorge if they were going to be in for the BCPL and the answer I got was NO. Island teams don't want to travel here to play games during the winter season and don’t plan on doing so.

Well since the VMSL is scrapping the idea, I guess the only one who will lose out on this will be Ghouse, after paying the luxury tax on exceeding the salary cap Ghouse will have to play one or more years in FVPL. Should have used the funds on Delta Metro....:D

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cracker of a meeting last night...thanks to everyone for making it a priority to attend...it was excellent to see all Premier team reps/coaches in one room together to voice our collective opinions and concerns.

Highlight of the night for me was Mr. Azzi's face going beat red as his voice got louder and louder, culminating with the repetitive pounding of his two fists on the table yelling "...this is all such B/S...people are making up B/S...let's be rational!!!"...classic stuff! :D

As Sir M said, what a meeting...lots of discussion on how the VMSL had ended up where we were in regards to the BCPL, followed by several attempts by Mr. Azzi to manipulate and bully his way past peoples opinions as they were talking. It was very disappointing to see him act so condescending and disrespectful towards us when we attempted to speak our opinions and provide feedback. The meeting basically came to an end with all of us voting in favour of rejecting the BCPL at this time and moving into next season with 14 Premier teams so that none of the league restructuring of the other divisions would be affected...the goal will be to go from 14 next season, down to 12 the following, and then 10 the year after, but that process will be determined and voted upon at the AGM in May...wow, still recovering from that one last night...I think a few of us will have targets on our backs for the next while...;).

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is too bad Azzi takes everything so personal. It's almost as if new league was his own. Does this mean that next year there will be 14 Prem, 10 DIV 1 teams, and 30 DIv 2 teams?

New league COULD be a good thing, but it takes a lot more planning and covering your bases before you go ahead with it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is too bad Azzi takes everything so personal. It's almost as if new league was his own. Does this mean that next year there will be 14 Prem, 10 DIV 1 teams, and 30 DIv 2 teams?

New league COULD be a good thing, but it takes a lot more planning and covering your bases before you go ahead with it.

That's what it sounds like from the outside listening in.

I still think that in principal this is long overdue, but...the concerns need to be addressed, and you deffinitely need buy-in from the teams. Make the plan transparent; over the next year, I'm sure it will be revised over and over again, and maybe this will allow for some partners to step in.

I don't think this works w/ out the Island. What's the point?

Ghouse...you've been quiet...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got up this morning and read now...If what I am reading is true, then what a shame and a huge step backwards for mens soccer.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the meeting basically came to an end with all of us voting in favour of rejecting the BCPL at this time and moving into next season with 14 Premier teams so that none of the league restructuring of the other divisions would be affected...the goal will be to go from 14 next season, down to 12 the following, and then 10 the year after, but that process will be determined and voted upon at the AGM in May....

I can't recall ALL being in favour. And I can't recall us talking specifically about moving from 14 to 12 to 10 by the start of the 2012/13 season.

I did see a lot of happy faces coming out of the meeting.

But, I also saw a lot of faces in a new environment of debate for them.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aug 09
I have to totally disagree with this once again. Of course every team will be trying to win every game they play...that's common sense. But if we don't know the true long-term implications of the season from the outset, the whole thing is flawed. As well, if you think Azzi is going to push forward with this if he becomes aware that some of the top vmsl premier teams may decline the offer (either today or some point down the road when more details are released and a mountain of questions are answered), I would say your sadly mistaken. He is essentially putting his neck on the line with the other leagues right now and he will not want to end up with egg on his face at the end of the season if/when no one wants to commit to the super league however it has been structured. In my opinion, at the very least this concept needs to be put back a year so that all the information can be collected and we can move away from the countless question marks.

A man of his words

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But, I also saw a lot of faces in a new environment of debate for them.
Isn't that a good thing though? People getting involved because the issue is passionate for them?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course. 24 people around the table talking about their concerns. 24!

There was actual discussion last night for parts of it. Too bad only Inter and Richmond spoke out at the Aug 09 Premier meetings.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A vote of Non confidence for Azzi... how does VMSL Prem operate next year with Willi in charge....

AKWARD to say the least

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was actual discussion last night for parts of it. Too bad only Inter and Richmond spoke out at the Aug 09 Premier meetings.
Perhaps a lesson was learned here where it might not be a bad idea to get things in writing? Circulate meeting minutes within 7 days of a meeting taking place?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well since the VMSL is scrapping the idea, I guess the only one who will lose out on this will be Ghouse, after paying the luxury tax on exceeding the salary cap Ghouse will have to play one or more years in FVPL. Should have used the funds on Delta Metro....:D

FTW
:wa:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I have made some calls....
Nothing has changed....
If you qualify and do not want to be promoted you do not have to go.
Just as before.
So whats changed.?
You tell the story that the VMSL has pulled out...
They have not.
Some teams have said they wont go...Ok we all new that...And...
Nothing has changed. You cant stop any team from going, just as you cant stop any team from not going.
It will be up to the individual teams to deside come time to.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF, Rich. I really think you're the only one who wants this to happen so quickly and I don't get your full intentions or motive?

And if you say playing and rushing into a BCPL next season will improve soccer in Canada I'll be forced to smack Guinness.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I have made some calls....
Nothing has changed....
If you qualify and do not want to be promoted you do not have to go.
Just as before.
So whats changed.?
You tell the story that the VMSL has pulled out...
They have not.
Some teams have said they wont go...Ok we all new that...And...
Nothing has changed. You cant stop any team from going, just as you cant stop any team from not going.
It will be up to the individual teams to deside come time to.

Actually, you're right, the Premier teams have pulled out...Azzi's closing remark upon us telling him we're out and wish to move forward with a 14 team Premier division next season was, "Okay...you guys know we're going to look like idiots...this may be my final VMSL meeting". If Azzi tries to move forward with this, it'll create a bigger disaster than this one he got himself into, but you seem to be more in the know than any of us Ghouse, so if what you say is true and our meeting last night means nothing, have fun playing against Akal, Vancouver Olympics, and Sapperton, or whoever else Azzi promotes to the BCPL...what a top-class league it will be!!! :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

This is realy looking like a fist fcuk.

I guess I feel bad for the execs that have put in a lot of time into this only to see it blow-up in their faces, but as Regs said- lesson learned. The stakeholders have to be involved in the process.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0