Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you though, North Delta is the hotbed for soccer. Too bad they won't have a team in the super league. Where will they all go?

Nor in the FVSL premier league when they get relegated this year...

# Team Name GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Athletic Club BC 13 10 2 1 44 10 32
2 Poco Rangers FC 13 8 2 3 28 15 26
3 Abbotsford Mariners 13 6 4 3 30 31 22
4 LUFC Utd 13 6 3 4 37 21 21
5 Port Moody Gunners 13 5 5 3 17 21 20
6 Chilliwack Rapids 13 4 3 6 24 34 15
7 Peace Arch Utd 13 3 4 6 19 25 13
8 Aldergrove Utd 13 3 3 7 22 30 12
9 GEU United 13 3 3 7 20 35 12
10 North Delta Lions 13 0 5 8 12 31 5

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nor in the FVSL premier league when they get relegated this year...

# Team Name GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Athletic Club BC 13 10 2 1 44 10 32
2 Poco Rangers FC 13 8 2 3 28 15 26
3 Abbotsford Mariners 13 6 4 3 30 31 22
4 LUFC Utd 13 6 3 4 37 21 21
5 Port Moody Gunners 13 5 5 3 17 21 20
6 Chilliwack Rapids 13 4 3 6 24 34 15
7 Peace Arch Utd 13 3 4 6 19 25 13
8 Aldergrove Utd 13 3 3 7 22 30 12
9 GEU United 13 3 3 7 20 35 12
10 North Delta Lions 13 0 5 8 12 31 5

I was told that no teams will be relegated this year because of the super league and that teams from Division 1 will just be promoted. Of course the lower Division 1 teams will go through their relegation as the years before.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest, I'm surprised Ghouse and others even know what a proper promotion/relegation system is. It's not like the league they play in has had one in place for the last couple of years :D

"oo oo, pick me, pick me!"

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 10th team i.e. no win North Delta will be in div 1 next year

Premier
•1st Place team wins Premier Division Trophy
•Top 3 teams qualify for NEW BC Premier League
•QUALIFIERS for Provincial Cup
•TBA
•Last Place team (10th) Relegated to Division 1

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm assuming winning the National champions is the true litmus test than creating elite players for the national team. If that's the case, wouldn't creating this new super league for spring/summer play and having the season end in September be better off than possibly weakening 3 old established leagues with a chance of only marginal improvement of soccer. The long break in from May to October's National Championship is a bigger problem than pinning our hopes that we haven't won Nationals since 2004 because BC organizes their leagues incorrectly.

I would rather see the winter season be used to gain spots in the champions league style summer league. The winner at the end of the summer goes to nationals. So make no changes in the winter. 8 teams go into a super summer league. The 3 champions get seeded along with the Imperial cup champion. Then the next 4 best teams (assume PCSL gets their one spot and maybe in future years, the champion gets an automatic spot) are also included. The champion amongst these 8 teams goes to Nationals. Long season but most likely no flukey team will win it, this team will be at end of season form in September and there should be 7 great rounds of soccer.

And a few posters have mention coverage as in media coverage is important. Why so? Maybe sponsors may care a little but having a weekly standings update in the province newspaper isn't all that important. Is Senior A lacrosse creating more fans and better players because they are in the newspaper? I doubt it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jungleboy...no shite a long season! How about a never ending season?

I agree the game should be played in the spring, summer...but what you describe will wear down the players to nothing by the time Nationals rolls around.

That said, I don't care.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Move the start of the winter premier divisions to mid October.

Move Provincials to the start of September.

Teams are already training/playing at the start of August now.

Fields are in GREAT shape through September.

Too easy, yes, I have all the answers Cloughie, no need to PM me.

But that isn't what I thought the super league was about (BTW, I'm torn on what to 'TTP name' the website... The Excellent site and The Mediocre site are taken).

My understanding was that the super league was to give the senior game a higher profile.

Just creating a new league, sorry - division, isn't going to give the profile being sought out though. IMHO of course.

But I trust the executives of this new league, sorry - division, will be able to gain the exposure needed and attract some big name sponsors to fund the whole initiative. They have shown they have the experience and knowledge to do so on their own in their respective leagues.

It's only December 10th and ONCE they have all their ducks in a row, I'm sure there will be a press release.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jungleboy...no shite a long season! How about a never ending season?

I agree the game should be played in the spring, summer...but what you describe will wear down the players to nothing by the time Nationals rolls around.

That said, I don't care.

effects only 8 teams. 3-4 week break between May and June and go right at in July to Sept. There's 12 weeks window of playing time before nationals.

I have no vested interest either and doesn't effect me. But those heavily involved usually have massive blinders on due to self-interest and common sense doesn't prevail.

moving provincials to september is a good idea. Would like to see semis and finals a 2 leg series so no lucky winners involved.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving it to summer would be better for competition in nationals, but that really takes away from those summer league friday night games and pre and after game bbq's. Is it june yet?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until we get ALL the facts nobody is really in a position to bash or praise this new "super league"

There should have been sponsers lined up, and a website with all the info we are all asking for (ie how provincial births will work, promotion/relegation, travel costs, game days/double headers/back to backs, ect ect)

Its like a few people got together at Dennys with a napkin, and said "wow, imagine how great a BCPL league would be" --- "Yah! The best of the best playing together" --- "YAH!!! then everyone can meet, and make new friends" --- "Oh My YAH YAH! Then they can become whitecaps!!!!"

Seems to me this league is coming on, one year to early.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until we get ALL the facts nobody is really in a position to bash or praise this new "super league"

There should have been sponsers lined up, and a website with all the info we are all asking for (ie how provincial births will work, promotion/relegation, travel costs, game days/double headers/back to backs, ect ect)

Its like a few people got together at Dennys with a napkin, and said "wow, imagine how great a BCPL league would be" --- "Yah! The best of the best playing together" --- "YAH!!! then everyone can meet, and make new friends" --- "Oh My YAH YAH! Then they can become whitecaps!!!!"

Seems to me this league is coming on, one year to early.

At some point i think the BCPL will need some people to volunteer to futher the needs of a new league, as you have all the answer's of what is needed can i put your name down for the job.

Hi bud how you doing ???

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Volunteers are not welcome. Only appointees who can be counted upon to further the agenda of those who pushed through the league need apply.

Pretty hard to have buy-in from stakeholders when representations are not met.

Good luck to the VMSL teams who apparently will be subsidizing the VISL teams.

The only people who are for this concept are those who do not have to pay for it.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question. Apparently on the island suspensions in the Senior League extend into youth (coaching) activities. I've just read a thread on the VISL forum suggesting that a player on suspension for a third yellow went and coached his daughter's youth team (as usual) and was found to be in contravention of the rules and handed an additional 6 month suspension. I can't believe such a rule can exist under the BCSA but what do I know? Do the makers of this league have any intention of adopting such rules?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question. Apparently on the island suspensions in the Senior League extend into youth (coaching) activities. I've just read a thread on the VISL forum suggesting that a player on suspension for a third yellow went and coached his daughter's youth team (as usual) and was found to be in contravention of the rules and handed an additional 6 month suspension. I can't believe such a rule can exist under the BCSA but what do I know? Do the makers of this league have any intention of adopting such rules?

Only one person who can answer for you

c/p

Questions regarding the formation, implementation and marketing of this project should be directed to BCPL spokesperson – Thomas Mills @ 778-355-3875 or thomasmills@fraservalleysoccer.com

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "makers" of the super league have no say in such matters... the "rule" is a BCSA rule and would extend across all leagues sanctioned under the BCSA umbrella.

Anyone could have answered that one Polska.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0