Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, from a hockey background, what adult recreational league is there with teams from Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and Vancouver Island? Doesn't happen with hockey, won't happen with soccer. No other sport does this at a recreational level for adults.

That is just it...Its not a recreational division.
I think this is one of the problems we are haveing here.
This division is being created to have the best play the best like the other sports we have been compairing too.
Its not a Beerleague.
and Its not for everyone.
Now ,alot of great players continue on playing in the highest division because its cheep and easy and convenient.
They dont share the same attitude as someone young and up and comeing.
And because its cheep and easy and convenient we have gone from 10 Premier teams to 40 ....
This division will bring us down to 10 Premier teams Provincially and only the best will take part. Not BeerLeaguers, But Committed serious soccer players.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Allan Cup is a National Tourney yes, but you have teams (Fort St John Flyers) travelling all over the place playing games... (Grande Praire, Dawson Creek, Hythe)

To get to the Allan Cup you have to win the Savage Cup , The BC Cup, then win the McKenzie Cup (BC vs AB)

The leagues have a great deal of travel, especially the teams outside of Ontario's 2 leagues.

thank you JBN

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Ghouse, who is going to pay for the travel and accomodations for the island games (considering they will be back to back games).

Will the league cover it or will the league charge a huge registration fee to the players to cover the costs

No back to back games.

Double headers,where you may share a bus with another team......

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And because its cheep and easy and convenient we have gone from 10 Premier teams to 40
You keep spewing this out. Exactly when were there 'only 10' Premier teams?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly Gurps.

Has anyone noticed that throughout this whole discussion it is the mainly the vocal minority in the FVSL that wants this

Seriously, why would we in the VMSL want to change right now with how strong and competitive our league is

Have you noticed that no one in the FVSL Premier even talks on our own thread and the VISL really has no thread..
I just like beating the dead horse.

Also the league has been approved so most dont need to voice there opiniun...I just like to hear myself talk...

There is a reason the VMSL is so good this year....promotion..we have it in our league too. ;)

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leave it to FVSL'ers to compare soccer to hockey. Soccer travel in a big city compared to hockey travel in small towns where there would be NO leagues if it were not for travel. Apples and oranges. Which, I might add, they do not grow in the valley. They do have lots of horse manure though...and alot of it relates to the new BCPL!!!!!!

Ghouse, my guess is you just want this league so that you can get ACBC out of the FVSL and playing with VMSL teams.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, my guess is you just want this league so that you can get ACBC out of the FVSL and playing with VMSL teams.

That is pretty much the only reason Ghouse is so for this league. Why not just apply for a spot in the Vmsl and work your way up to the Premier league if you can, just like everyone else instead of trying to destroy a great league that the FVSL cannot even compare to

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya your right the VMSL is,has and always will be the best.

I cant believe you guys cant see what this will do for soccer in the Province of BC.
Your all just Big fish in little ponds.

Well ,we shall see.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a reason the VMSL is so good this year....promotion..we have it in our league too. ;)

Second time I've heard this:rolleyes: Sorry ghouse, but that is absolute garbage.
Every year that I have been here the VMSL Premier has been competitive. This year moreso than any other but it has nothing to do with 'promotion'.
Do you think Richmond had a huddle last night when they beat Delta on how they needed to get their act together to get promoted?
Or maybe that Surrey, West Van, Columbus and Metro Ford decided to throw the games against Westside in order to keep it a tight race? I can assure you that Westside didn't have a speech on how, if we were going to get to this utopian league, that we needed to beat the top teams in the league.
When I came here 5 seasons ago, Westside tied Inter for 1st on points and it was pretty tight after that. We weren't playing for promotion....we were playing to win. Period. Some years are more spread out than others....as they are in all leagues in all places but generally speaking, the VMSL is a strong league. I can't speak for FVSL and only know a couple of the teams on the island from Provincials.
My point is that this new league has nothing to do with the competitiveness in the VMSL.
You are definitely plugging this league ghouse and perhaps, as it seems, you have your own wee agenda in getting your lads out of playing in the valley. If that's your angle, all the power to you, but call it what it is.
People are not daft (well except Captain Shamrock after a few too many pints and posts:D) and they see through shite. Some of your comments are a bit misinformed and you only look to be self-serving.

Cheers,

DB

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are definitely plugging this league ghouse and perhaps, as it seems, you have your own wee agenda in getting your lads out of playing in the valley. If that's your angle, all the power to you, but call it what it is.

This is really what all of this is about. But dont call it not you DB) what is best for soccer in the Province, just call it I want to buy a spot in the VMSL, or what is best for ACBC, cuz that is what is going on.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I wanted to be in the VMSL I would have taken the Deltas Squad whe it was offered to me, first I might add ,oh so long ago..Or AFC even before.
I like the FVSL for many reasons and choose to be in it. Remember we are from Burnaby.
I have no hidden agenda. I only want what is best for our Province and Country when it comes to soccer.
I happen to like this new division for many reasons posted.
I truely believe it will improve our game in this Province.
And I am not afraid to voice my opinion.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, from a hockey background, what adult recreational league is there with teams from Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and Vancouver Island? Doesn't happen with hockey, won't happen with soccer. No other sport does this at a recreational level for adults.

Lacross does it, and oh look, soccer does it. We call it the USL. Tongue in cheek, but honestly, not much difference. Not many guys playing USL are on any sort of real career path in football or any other endeavor, for that matter.

If I'm not mistaken, the BCPL mandate is to bring together the best players in the mainland under one format, only 10 teams, and to have each region represented. This mirrors Senior A Lacross.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I wanted to be in the VMSL I would have taken the Deltas Squad whe it was offered to me, first I might add ,oh so long ago..Or AFC even before.
I like the FVSL for many reasons and choose to be in it. Remember we are from Burnaby.
I have no hidden agenda. I only want what is best for our Province and Country when it comes to soccer.
I happen to like this new division for many reasons posted.
I truely believe it will improve our game in this Province.
And I am not afraid to voice my opinion.

You can still come to the Delta squad ghouse and drop those ACBC guys. Idea for new unis next year for you guys. picture all black with the lightning bolt between th ac bc. :) see you hopefully at Starlight.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think he's trying to big-time you, Ghouse.
Actually Dude, I'm pointing out that much like the super-league mandate and plans, there is no substance to his claims.

Lots of rah rah, this will happen, that will happen, but when the details are asked for, the silence is deafening :rolleyes:

But hey, at least he has someone who doesn't give a shite anymore giving the old rallying cry :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Cloughie,

Lots of rah rah, this will happen, that will happen, but when the details are asked for, the silence is deafening
That was about Ghouse.

So no, I'm not lying, nor trying to be a know-it-all or whatever the fcuk you said I was.

Send your private messages to Dude, not me, thanks.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senior A lacrosse is filled with NLL players who are, wait for it, paid professionals. Also, senior A lacrosse teams pay many of their stars, last time I checked you were lucky to get 10% off at Sportstown if you played for Richmond FC.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0