Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So.

Has a group of VMSL Premier teams gotten together yet and approached the VMSL powers with their concerns?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
totally off topic.

Until reading through all 14 pages of this thread I always thought Captain Shamrock was a female.

The things you learn....

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
totally off topic.

Until reading through all 14 pages of this thread I always thought Captain Shamrock was a female.

Well sometimes he dressed in women color, you can go in the photo gallery and see him in pink, playing golf :D :D

He also LOVES .....N U G G E T S

He bike (although loses his bike from time to time), coach (women/girls), referee and coming back to play after many years of knees pain bitching (he still think that he got knees). Ahhhh and when he drinks ...he drinks so much, in fact he wants to drink everything... including hi's car engine oil...And I'm not kidding you.

See Oustkast keep checking TTP and you will learn more about Captain Shamrock :D

Hi Cappy...

Pac2010

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So.

Has a group of VMSL Premier teams gotten together yet and approached the VMSL powers with their concerns?

Regs, I emailed Azzi with some of my thoughts and then we also spoke on the phone. I know that others have as well. I tried very hard to listen to what he had to say and I feel that there are still some major discrepancies between what he is saying and what some premier clubs are saying. I am not in any way suggesting that anyone is not telling the truth...I am just saying that, in my opinion, there is a lot of misinformation about this topic out there right now...there has to be.

Basically, we do need to get everyone into the same room together so that the true thoughts can come out from every single premier team face-to-face and not on an online forum...and we need to focus on separating the issues from personal attacks just because you don't agree with someone (i.e posting old video of someone with a bad lid or rehashing alcohol induced mistakes people have made over 15 years ago). I do know that there are people that are trying to arrange said meeting. I will also say that Azzi believes that the naysayers to this super league are actually not the real "decision makers" for their clubs, which may or may not be true. Again, I am ignorant as to what the truth is...I only have my opinion on the new league, based on what I know...and at the moment, I am still against it, unless it can be prooved to me, beyond a reasonable doubt Johnny Cochrane, that a clear majority of the vmsl premier teams have made an educated and informed decision on moving forward with this new league...then I will support it.

The other thing that Azzi mentioned to me is that one of the purposes of the BC Premier League is to raise the "status" of soccer in BC...versus raising "the level of play". That is interesting to note. I agree that it would be great if the amateur leagues has some more exposure in the media etc. but is that really worth it when the individual leagues should strive to do this on their own?

On a side note, Mr. Azzi and I both agreed that he does not have an enviable job dealing with all of us "knuckleheads". At least we both got a laugh out of that.

Hopefully the meeting can be arranged between the decision makers on every team in the premier division before this season begins.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well sometimes he dressed in women color, you can go in the photo gallery and see him in pink, playing golf :D :D

He also LOVES .....N U G G E T S

He bike (although loses his bike from time to time), coach (women/girls), referee and coming back to play after many years of knees pain bitching (he still think that he got knees). Ahhhh and when he drinks ...he drinks so much, in fact he wants to drink everything... including hi's car engine oil...And I'm not kidding you.

See Oustkast keep checking TTP and you will learn more about Captain Shamrock :D

Hi Cappy...

Pac2010

Hi Pac2010. :D

It's all about angles. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I emailed Azzi with some of my thoughts and then we also spoke on the phone. I know that others have as well. I tried very hard to listen to what he had to say and I feel that there are still some major discrepancies between what he is saying and what some premier clubs are saying. I am not in any way suggesting that anyone is not telling the truth...I am just saying that, in my opinion, there is a lot of misinformation about this topic out there right now...there has to be.

Basically, we do need to get everyone into the same room together so that the true thoughts can come out from every single premier team face-to-face and not on an online forum...and we need to focus on separating the issues from personal attacks just because you don't agree with someone (i.e posting old video of someone with a bad lid or rehashing alcohol induced mistakes people have made over 15 years ago). I do know that there are people that are trying to arrange said meeting. I will also say that Azzi believes that the naysayers to this super league are actually not the real "decision makers" for their clubs, which may or may not be true. Again, I am ignorant as to what the truth is...I only have my opinion on the new league, based on what I know...and at the moment, I am still against it, unless it can be prooved to me, beyond a reasonable doubt Johnny Cochrane, that a clear majority of the vmsl premier teams have made an educated and informed decision on moving forward with this new league...then I will support it.

The other thing that Azzi mentioned to me is that one of the purposes of the BC Premier League is to raise the "status" of soccer in BC...versus raising "the level of play". That is interesting to note. I agree that it would be great if the amateur leagues has some more exposure in the media etc. but is that really worth it when the individual leagues should strive to do this on their own?

On a side note, Mr. Azzi and I both agreed that he does not have an enviable job dealing with all of us "knuckleheads". At least we both got a laugh out of that.

Hopefully the meeting can be arranged between the decision makers on every team in the premier division before this season begins.

Can TTP broadcast this meeting? I can be the correspondent......:)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier soccer clubs set sights on new league

Dan Olson, Coquitlam NOW
Published: Friday, September 11, 2009

While the word 'Premier' is currently inspiring its share of expletives and angry fist-waving these days, it is raising some eyebrows on the men's local soccer circuits.

Unlike B.C.'s government leader, the word premier has the area's best soccer players thinking big.

The governing bodies of the Vancouver Metro, Vancouver Island and Fraser Valley soccer leagues have voted to create the B.C. Soccer League for 2010-11. It will consist of the top-four premier VMSL teams and top-three from the VISL and FVSL, based on 2009-10 results.

"It's been voted on, and the goal is to try and raise the profile and get back to the heydays of the Pacific Coast League in the 1960s and 70s," Port Moody Gunners' coach Bob Favelle said. "Every team is going to be fighting to get a spot in that league."

Coquitlam's William Azzi believes its a long time coming. The president of the VMSL, Azzi said the move to a B.C. league should produce benefits at the provincial and national level.

"It works at the youth level, so why not at the senior level?" Azzi said. "Its going to improve the status of soccer in our province, because soccer is so neglected and ignored."

While the biggest debate was over how many VMSL teams would enter the new B.C. circuit, Azzi said in the end the numbers didn't matter. After the first year, the bottom three teams, no matter their origins, will be demoted and one team from each premier league will be added.

"The first year will be a bit of a mess because there are so many things to work out, but it should go smoothly after that."

Favelle's crew, which returns to the FVSL's premier side after two years in Div. 1, is taking a patient approach. The Gunners won promotion with a 13-4-0 record, but expect a learning curve against their veteran rivals.

"These guys always seem to exceed whatever we set as a target," Favelle noted. "The [FVSL] premier is a totally different mindset. We're certainly fit and quick enough, but we have to be able to slow it down and not play at one pace."

One of their chief rivals will be PoCo City FC, who placed third with an 11-3-4 record last season.

Port Moody opens the season tonight (Friday), 8 p.m. in Maple Ridge against Golden Ears United, while PoCo visits Chilliwack. In VMSL premier action, Coquitlam Metro-Ford hosts Richmond tonight, 8 p.m. at Town Centre.

Calls to both PoCo and Coquitlam Metro-Ford were unreturned by NOW deadline.

sports@thenownews.com

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 things I would like to discuss about this article.
1st. We had to go to the Island last spring for a Provincial game and the total cost was $1000.00. ($998.00 have recepts)We could have made it cheeper if we would have been smarter.
2nd. Teams are talking about players jumping ship to play in this new league. Yes I do know it will happen. But what I want to discuss is... The teams worried about it are teams that have had players jump ship to them for the last...well as long as they have been in their Premier leagues now. It has never bothered these teams before because all the players in and around here have always jumped to these teams from other teams below them.
We ACBC have lost this year alone. 1 player to Croatia. -1 to Serbia.- 1 to CC.-3 to Lobbins.- 1 to Sapperton.- 1 to POCO .-2 to Sporting....
All I can say to all you guys complaining about players who may leave to play in this new league is...HOW DOES IT FEEL.
You have been the reason players have left other teams for so long you have forgot what it feels like to have players leave you.
Maybe its a pride thing. But for what ever reason I feel your pain. But thats soccer.
Ask NewCastle or any team being religated.
I work as hard as any to find new talent and it breaks my heart when they leave for another.(mostly cause I have to start all over again at finding a player to fill that spot)
But thats soccer. And it will never change ,BCSPL or not.

PS .Hats off to all you loyal players who stay to the bitter end with you original clubs.
You guys are what really makes owners/managers want to do all this thankless work for.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has there been any more discussion or answers about the BCPL? Is it a for sure for the end of the year? and if so, whats the story with promotion and relegation, will the top 3 teams from Div 1 being moving up? and is it true that none of the prem teams will be relegated? whats the the update, if there is one.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0