Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off to the PEG players and coaching staff. The game synopsis given are all spot on and the penalty was a tough one to say the least. Thought the soccer gods would have evened it up with a save from the keeper, but obviously I was happy it went in. Game went back and forth with both teams counter-attacking. Peg definitely had more of the ball and had us on our heels at times. A post for them and a missed breakaway for us soon after.....fans must have enjoyed the game. Enjoyed battling #8 in the midfield, has been a while since we have marked each other, and the respect was there throughout the game. Must admit that the body hasn't been this sore in quite some time.... back is sore from battling the mids, open wound from sliding on turf, taped finger (no idea how).....I am sure I am not the only one.
Peg guys were class (excluding the last few minutes) and the coach came into our room after the game to wish us luck. They are a good team and we wish we could play them more often....fun games.
Cheers boys.
Gorge # 24

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am predicting a brilliant tripleheader out at RAP in a few weeks...

Columbus vs. Gorge in both the Men's Open and Men's Masters final at RAP and Gorge vs. Surrey United in the Women's final. It will make the atmosphere that much better at RAP with 3 Gorge teams in the mix! Hopefully for the Mainland teams Hoody is not assigned to ref any of the games :eek:

I like Columbus to make it to the final over Surrey in the Open because they are really on a roll right now against high quality competition 3 games in a row. Columbus has a lot of experience and they will be full of confidence heading into the semi's...it just seems like it could be their year to win the big one again. Surrey is extremely strong but it is tough to win the treble and they have had a very weak draw prov cup to date...Columbus may just be a little sharper.

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
#24 always a pleasure playing against someone who battles so hard without any complaints or whining.
Unfortunately emotions got the best of me at the end as I realized 9 months had gone down the drain due some poor officiating.
As said before we should not have put ourselves in that position...we have all played on the island before and we knew what to expect.
Good luck the rest of the way Gorge...looking forward to the rematch.

Thanks Temple Peg lads for a great season.

One last bottle of fireball all for herpreet.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess if Gorge makes another final they have to be considered BC's best team from 2000-2010.

probably 10 league titles?
3 Provincial Cups (could be 4 this year)

How has gorge faired at nationals when they have represented?

Yes Gorge you probably are....may i ask you who u think Canada's best team from 2000-2010.

Just wanna see if youu not just a talker and know a bit about football...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ooh ooh... me... me... ;)

I think it might be the team that Larsson fetches water for, and fills up the coolers with ice for... and lugs around the first aid kid for...

~CoatTailsLoyal ;)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Gorge you probably are....may i ask you who u think Canada's best team from 2000-2010.

Just wanna see if youu not just a talker and know a bit about football...

That's an easy one: Surrey Pegasus 2004 edition. They would easily have kicked Calgary's ass.The Callies benefited from soft, mushy, weak-in-the-knees oponents (as everyone knows) and barely deserve mention in the annals of history. Their girly-man roster is filled with cotton-tailed poofs who whine and roll like soldiers in no man's land. In fact, I would go so far as to say the Callies are the reason Canadian soccer does so poorly internationally.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACup(MensOpen)

Mens Open
Surrey/Columbus - Sat 3 pm
UBC/Gorge - Sun 3pm

Masters
Westside/Columbus - Sun 10am
Gorge/Delta United - Sun 3pm

U21
Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves / UBC Metro - Sat 12:30 pm
Port Moody Gunners / Bays United - Sat 3 pm

Women
Surrey United / BGSCC FC Canadians - Sat 12:30
Gorge United vs NSGSC Renegades - Sun 12:30

All semi-final games at Coquitlam Town Center, I believe.

Finals are all at Royal Athletic on the Island.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer is useless!

Why not have both mens semi's on the same day and the woemen's on the other day?

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge Record at the Nationals...
01 - Silver medal
02 - Way down... enjoyed George street way too much - also, format was odd with the way games were played and advanced... but let's be honest, we had too much fun
08 - Lost in bronze medal - played at 9am, sun had not risen, the field lights were on... when have you ever had that happen? .... to be honest,... too much fun on George street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0