Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding of the referree situation was that the various leagues were quite unhappy with the refs BC soccer was using in the past, for example, taking untested refs from other leagues, and then setting them up for failure by "assessing" them in critical games. Another example is that the VMSL's arguably #1 ref had not been asked to officiate a Provincial Cup game in several years. So the leagues pressed to schedule refs for the first couple of rounds, and BC soccer scheduled the semis and the final, but with oversight/input of the involved leagues. I have heard this from senior VMSL staff, and senior VMSL refs.

Sir M

Ya it's been a while since Miro has reffed a top game and I can honestly say it has been to the detriment of soccer in BC.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha, ok, ok. He did good.

BUT, it wasn't very Rooney-esque when he tried the same thing again and fell on his ass whilst running the ball out for a GK.

UBC 10 still gets my vote for MOM, out worked the #17 by a mile and showed some better touches, and vision, almost reminded me of Wayne Rooney? :D

#10 was Lucas Belisimo:cool:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of play in the gorge end both halves, but some missed chances by surrey cost them in the end. Gorge put their 2 chances in, the first one was a nice run thru the middle and over to a wide open streaking right half for a pass into the net, the 2nd a nice cross over an d easy header against the play 2 zip....most of the play carried at the gorge end, but not all that many great chances. the one at the end of the 1st half by riz....where he had an open net but hit the crossbar. a number of chances again in the 2nd, but with fumes left a bad goal allowed by the gorge keeper gives 'faint hope'...not to be though. For us the hi-lite was a drunk idiot giving the surrey bench the business....bet he started to sweat with the goal in the 93rd minute. gorge also had a number of chances inthe 2nd when surrey went all out.....but!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a quality game?

Unlucky to all the Surrey lads and congrats to Gorge! PEI holds a special place for BC... hopefully the Gorge guys can keep it that way - just stay away from the Velvet Underground until after you win it all! :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Gorge........the club is obviously doing A LOT right in the mens and womens side of things. Well done.

Unlucky to Surrey United.....Great season nonetheless

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you get to PEI - go to the Velvet Underground and just say you know Eagles and they will let you in with no cover and free Keiths beer all night. It is also a great place to post from!!

Congrats Gorge!!

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was men against boys.
slurry's only chance was if Gorge went down to 8 (they had 9 on the field for some minutes)
I smell a National Championship

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
YES....2-1 Gorge final.
Good game, alot of respect to Surrey.... Good team!

But we did what what we had to do.....Win!
Here we come PEI!
Game on!

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my perspective I would not agree with my fellow Islander saying it was men against boys. Surrey played a good game but didn't have many clear scoring chances. Gorge played a very good defensive game and countered well for their goals. Bit of a soft red handed out nearing the end of the game and a softy of a goal which made the last few minutes very interesting.

Well done to the black and white - four in ten not so bad for an Island team.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge played a very disciplined hard-in game. Surrey just didn't seem like they wanted it. Surrey kept floating balls up to the forwards who were having their lunch eaten by Gorge's far taller defense. Of Surrey's opportunities, they passed the ball rather than driving to the net. Gorge D did a spectacular job of shutting down Rizal and the other key players for Surrey. Every check finished with authority. I couldn't figure out why Surrey didn't move the ball on the ground up the right side, but I am sure they will look back on that game for something to learn for next year.

Gorge definitely deserved the win. Congratulations.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The difference in the game was finishing. Gorge had 2 good chances and 2 good goals. Surrey had more possession, was in the attacking end longer, but couldn’t hit the net. Shots were regularly soaring 20 feet over the goal. I don’t remember the Gorge keeper being forced into any saves (mind you… I had my two kids at the game and was distracted at times).

Surrey seemed content to hit high, long balls to their front runners… that were constantly cut out by the Gorge defenders. I was surprised they didn’t attack more with their speed out wide.

Gorge’s first goal was totally against the run of play with Pat (#17) made a great run up the middle before laying a great ball off for an easy side-footer. The second goal was off a ball swung in at about 7-8 yds out that Smiles should probably have come for.

Thomo had Surrey’s goal on a drive from 25ish yards right at the keeper and he laid an egg.

The Gorge red was soft, but necessary… as the player was on a yellow, and pulled the strikers jersey after he had been beaten. I thought the officials, with Alan in the middle, were very consistent and good.

Gorge played exactly how I remember them playing in the past. Very patient… sticking to their gameplan… defending tenaciously… counter attacking… and putting their few shots on net. A very tidy and impressive game. Congratulations!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times did gorge win the BC's from 2000-2010 hmmm looks like they are the best club of the decade in BC. What happened to the mighty VMSL teams . Here are some quotes to chew on "We are the Best. " " We have the best league." " We don't need to have a Super League."

Imagine playing Gorge twice a year in league play and then maybe VMSL might produce a Canadian Champion every 2 or 3 years not like once a decade. VMSL has to wait a entire year now hahaha unlucky MUPPETS! Maybe one day you will wake up and smell the coffee.

Gorge Congrats hopefully see you again at nationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0