Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Draw

March 29 for the draw. Hopefully sooner for Meat Grinder.

I hear that the provincial cup final will be hosted by the island this year. Does that change if there is not an island team in the final? I can't imagine 2 lower mainland teams travelling to the island to play a final, nor can I imagine 2 island teams travelling to the mainland to play a final.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Based on recent history Reedie, it should not change. But wait, was there not was some controversy last year? Something to do with last minute decisions by VISL teams not to come to Peace Arch I believe...Guinness?

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Meatgrinder may make an appearance....but Sooke definitely will not this year. They had a very disappointing year, sacked coach halfway through and brought back Meatgrinder to get them fired up again...but team didn't have it.
I heard the final is on the island. We are trying to get it played at the Highlanders stadium instead of Royal Athletic Park. The atmosphere at the other stadium is great and the beer girls are super hot....big bonus. RAP can be a bit of a slopfest at times, will let you know after we play on it next weekend.
As for the no travel last year.......totally understand people getting pissed at not having two games for the beer gardens....but would Van people really have stayed to watch to Vic teams play?

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL and LIWSA are jointly hosting all BC Soccer Finals on the weekend of May 15th and 16th at Royal Athletic Park. On Saturday the 15th, the Women will play for three provincial cups, U21, Masters, and A Cup. On Sunday the 16th the Men will play for three provincial cups, U21, Masters, and A Cup. Game times are to be confirmed.

http://www.visl.bc.ca/

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds great BU11. I plan on making the trip over ther and will organize a group of Richmond FC pisstanks to take it in as well.

We had such a good time in our game and aftermath vs Gorge last year, it is an easy sell.

Road trip, anyone???

Closestiwillevermakeittoaprovincialfinal

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Based on recent history Reedie, it should not change. But wait, was there not was some controversy last year? Something to do with last minute decisions by VISL teams not to come to Peace Arch I believe...Guinness?

Presidence was set...so if 2 Mainland teams are in the final Im sure we could move it to Swanguard or Perry...;)

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Presidence was set...so if 2 Mainland teams are in the final Im sure we could move it to Swanguard or Perry...;)

If 2 mainland teams are in the final, it would be nice to see the game at a field where the fans can stand around the pitch close to all of the action. An amateur men's final at Swanguard or Perry is seriously lacking in atmosphere. Kinsemen would be nice if it happens to be 2 vmsl teams and one of the grass fields in South Surrey would be great if it were to include fvsl teams. We don't need a stadium for this game.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What teams from VMSL and FVSL have already qualified for Provincials? If I recall correctly 3 years ago the Firefighters vs Columbus final was played in Nanaimo. Not too sure what BC soccer will decide if there are two Vancouver teams in the finals.

From the VISL: Gorge, Lakehill and Cowichan have already qualified but I am not too sure about the remaining two spots.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Provincial Spots:

1 Surrey Utd. Firefighters (Imperial Cup Semi-Finalist)
2 West Van FC "A" (Imperial Cup Semi-Finalist)
3 Columbus FC
4 Delta United
5 ICST Pegasus
6 Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves
7 Croatia SC
8 Sapperton Rovers "A" (Imperial Cup Semi-Finalist)
9 Norvan vs Akal (Imperial Cup Semi-Finalist)

Note: #9 Spot will be awarded after Tuesday Night's game between Norvan and Akal as the winner will be a Imperial Cup Semi-Finalist).

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL

ACBC - League title
Poco - Second in league

PAU if they beat Poco in the Pak final
Abby if they beat ACBC in a league make up game or SX cup final not sure which (or both)
Langley for being third if none of the above happens I think?

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge, Cowichan, Bays, Gordon Head Gold, and Lakehill are all in from the Island.
We trained on Royal Athletic Park last night, as we have the Cup final there this weekend, and it was BRUTAL. Can't imagine what it will be like after 5 games in two days before teams battle in the BC Final.
Trying to get it moved to the Highlanders Stadium.... great atmosphere and beer girls!! (key is the girls....ha)
Look forward to the draw next week.
Gorge #24

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the VISL Bulletin Board

Draw is on the 29th at 7 pm in Burnaby. Seeding works like this:
A Cup VISL gets one seed and that is Gorge (League Winner)
U21 and Masters VISL gets one seed and that will be the league winners in respective divisions
For A Cup and U21 the seeding works like this: One for each of the three leagues (VISL, VMSL, and FVSL) and one extra for the league that has the current provincial champion.
In Masters it is one seed for each of the four main leagues, VMSL, FVSL, VISL and North Shore Coaches League.
The seeds will be drawn out of the hat for placement in the brackets.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL

ACBC - League title
Poco - Second in league

PAU if they beat Poco in the Pak final
Abby if they beat ACBC in a league make up game or SX cup final not sure which (or both)
Langley for being third if none of the above happens I think?

Gunners still alive too..waitin to see how Abby finnishes and how PAU finnishes.
Going down to the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0