Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed... Gorge looked very strong... especially #17 ( reminds me of Rooney ).

GL Slurrey!

Rooney is a bit far fetched! He did show some class, but if he got a bit quicker he would have done way more damage.

I prefered the number 10 on UBC he didn't stop running the entire game and was a very clever player.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey all the way. Their backline will shut down the twinky smuggling #17, Wayne Rooney, quite easily.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ If Surrey DOESN'T win I am going to buy a Callies jersey from Sneddycakes and make my avatar a Callies logo for a whole year.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS- I hope Surrey doesn't have to deal with the shite ref we had
PSS- As bad as he was, no ref should be slapped chopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
if #17 is the guy that i am thinking about, it might be the guy who took the worst pk that i have ever seen in last years final. Double stutter step. Could be a different guy though. Not the guy if anyone thinks he plays like Rooney.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all see that Surrey United are the favored to win it all, but I don't think it's a slam dunk... if the game was played in the lower mainland, than yes I believe Surrey would win for sure but it's not so you can ask Reedie and Sandman how this game might end.....

Since the game is on the Island, are the Ref’s from the VISL?

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer allocates officials for the Semi Finals and Finals. All rounds prior to that - officials are allocated by the local leagues.....I have no clue why BC Soccer doesnt do it for all Provincial games....it would avoid any perception of conflict of interest.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer allocates officials for the Semi Finals and Finals. All rounds prior to that - officials are allocated by the local leagues.....I have no clue why BC Soccer doesnt do it for all Provincial games....it would avoid any perception of conflict of interest.

This is the first year that local leagues scheduled officials. In the past it was always BCSA.

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Us Victoria boys agree about the ref situation. We enjoy having Vancouver refs for the BC games as (believe it or not) our refs usually lean towards the opponents during our VISL league games and we get kicked to crap. Hoping it is a Vancouver ref for the final and he doesn't play a role in the outcome.
League and Cup winners from Vancouver and Victoria in the final...... should be a great battle. We are looking forward to it. First time playing in the final in Victoria.... hoping the field is rolled and cut before kickoff so it doesn't ruin the game. Sometimes Royal Athletic can resemble a cow pasture.
Good luck to Surrey and look forward to an exciting game.
Gorge 24

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great shout actually, 17 played his heart out. His best effort was when he outplayed his defender off the touchline and passed the ball for a sitter.

Sorry to compare him to one of the greats:rolleyes:

Haha, ok, ok. He did good.

BUT, it wasn't very Rooney-esque when he tried the same thing again and fell on his ass whilst running the ball out for a GK.

UBC 10 still gets my vote for MOM, out worked the #17 by a mile and showed some better touches, and vision, almost reminded me of Wayne Rooney? :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding of the referree situation was that the various leagues were quite unhappy with the refs BC soccer was using in the past, for example, taking untested refs from other leagues, and then setting them up for failure by "assessing" them in critical games. Another example is that the VMSL's arguably #1 ref had not been asked to officiate a Provincial Cup game in several years. So the leagues pressed to schedule refs for the first couple of rounds, and BC soccer scheduled the semis and the final, but with oversight/input of the involved leagues. I have heard this from senior VMSL staff, and senior VMSL refs.

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0