Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pegasus are the Belle of the Ball

What a great showing from Pegasus. Not only does the bench (13 in particular) try to bad talk some Cowichan players but in the 90th minute a player two hands Patty (Gorge) in the face but then a Pegasus player swears at the ref for a straight red (after already receiving a yellow earlier) but then has the balls to attack the refs throat. PEGASUS the class act of the provincials.

Pegasus number 11 - See you in 5 years once you finish that suspension.

Nice post, Superprick.

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pegasus are the Belle of the Ball

Not only does the bench (13 in particular) try to bad talk some Cowichan.....

#13 was doing that kind of stuff last week too. I'm not sure why he bothers putting on a uni as he never sees the pitch. I'm pretty sure this entire thread could be about him.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I hear CJ and Costly got reds at the end. CJ pushed the ref and he called it with 2 left, is that right? Enjoy next year off if he did.
Didn't CJ do something like this couple years back when he was playing with the hurricanes in vmsl div 1 or 2? ???? How many games did he get then?????

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess if Gorge makes another final they have to be considered BC's best team from 2000-2010.

probably 10 league titles?
3 Provincial Cups (could be 4 this year)

How has gorge faired at nationals when they have represented?

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria Report:

One way traffic for ICST Peg.....ref made a soft call for a Pk....which unfortunately decided the match.

The mainlanders definitely considered by the majority watching to have carried the play and deserved better.

Emotions and passion obviously getting in the way at the end.

Superfan making it clear he is a Supertwot!

Wow haven't said that in a while....Good luck to the Islanders the rest of the way.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky to Peg. An exciting team to compete against.

Anyone who attacks a ref is an idiot. Full stop. Maybe this lack of composure is why Reedie decided to have CJ on the bench often.

Throw the book at him.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a dibolical call......much like the penalty called against our Masters team last weekend.......against Gorge.......WTF?

SuperFan

Apr 25, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria Report:

One way traffic for ICST Peg.....ref made a soft call for a Pk....which unfortunately decided the match.

So goalies are allowed to jump over a guys back and knock him to the ground to get a PK makes sense. I will have to try that one if you ever grab a whistle

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're a funny guy SuperFan. Your team won, end of discussion. Move on and abandon your sad, pathetic little crusade. :rolleyes:

Sugs

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gorge player dove and made a noise similar to my 8 month olds when they re hungry,

a tough call for either team..but we should have put em away earlier and we didn't one hittting the post at 1-1...

P.S.
I remember Goldy was pulled down in the first 5min on a clear break.. seen reds for less (no balls by the ref yellow given).. well done Gorge the win is yours maybe one day we can do it again in Slurrey good game...

superfan should get back to slapin his pud instead of posting on here!!

My 2 cents fcukin hell!!!!!!

patty

Apr 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game against peg yesterday, gorge came out flat for the first 10 but picked it up after that. Gorge scored a good goal and had some chances after. peg equalized on a very scrappy corner in which gorge failed to clear their lines, although ball possesion was closer to 55 45 for peg. Gorge could have had 2 if not good saves from their keeper, while peg were limited to crosses for chances. Second half although was a diff story, peg had more of the ball and controlled the play hitting the post at 1 1 and forcing the gorge keeper to make some saves. The penalty that was called was 50 50, keeper shouldnt have come out and caused a silly tackle to occcur but ref could have also not called it. We have all been on both sides of those calls and thats just how the game goes. There was no need for the shite at the end, guy pushed, grabbed, and hit the ref in the throat, thinking he will get a few years. The only knock on peg was the language from their bench for the full 90 min around kids but peg was a very good team and played some great soccer, unlucky on the day.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a day that was. Thoroughly gutted by the game and then the salt in the wounds afterwards.

As for the game, I'm very proud of our team because we left it all out on the pitch yesterday. In my view, we did not get beaten by a better opponent on the day but rather a very poor decision by a referee who was in way over his head. After the game, several Gorge players and supporters came up to me and actually apologized for "the call", saying, "that was not a penalty". A small consolation on a very disappointing day.

Having said that, I have a lot of respect for Gorge and you have to tip your hat to them and their record. At the end of the day, the score reads 2-1 in their favour, so we did not do enough to win the game, regardless of how it all unfolded. That is all part of the game and I have been on the other side of it all before. Gorge do a lot of things very well both on and off the pitch and they would be a great addition to the vmsl premier league. Congratulations to them and good luck the rest of the way. It would be nice to see Gorge in the final against Surrey or Columbus because it will make the atmosphere that much better at RAP.

I really like CJ and I personally have not seen a more talented player at this level...but obviously you cannot contact a referee in any way, so he is definitely in some boiling hot water. We shall see what unfolds next.

The salt in the wounds was getting caught speeding on the way to the ferry ($196) and then having the officer place you under arrest in the back of his car due to upaid parking tickets in Vancouver...stuck roadside for over an hour and then missing the next boat by 4 cars. I considered jumping overboard but probably would have landed safely, considering our luck on the day :D

Very tough to digest right now but our team overcame a lot of adversity this season, losing several starters from the previous year for very large chunks of the season due to injury, work etc (Costley, Morris, Sajan, Jag Gill, Samra, and Lavy to name a few). Proud of what we accomplished as a newly promoted team and looking forward to next season...

Training camp begins in 6 weeks :D

Best of luck to the final 4.

Cheers

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From bad to worse... 116k in a 80k trying to make the 6:00. Ooops.

Word has it Reedie is now in the back of said SUV too.When it goes wrong it really goes wrong.

The classic of all time came after about 45 minutes sitting in the back of the squad car. The players that were still in my vehicle had to get out and ask the cop if they could get out of the car and wait on the side of the road...they were all cramping up. I'm not sure but I think I saw a Gorge bumpersticker on the police car.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0