Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Review Azzi's Team and Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rookie, the OBVIOUS pointed OUT

Originally posted by knvb
Where's Yoda when the obvious needs to be pointed out?

I will take this one Yoda.

Please use Aussie accent for the following.

First, Perry, this creature knvb, is rarely seen in games because of his fragile white shell, but when this rare species does get on the park, it often runs around on the park in a very crazed fashion. Don't be alarmed Perry, this knvb is not dangerous, especially in the Box. This animal has such a hard time scoring that it is a modern wonder to scientists that it reproduces at all.

Perry6969, is that an Orgy?

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see why they need better keeping

The Back line has gotten Older and Slower, and some are using the same "Move" .

Perhaps Peg should bring Reedr out of retirement too.

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't Disagree with that.

HOS wants to see Regs get some Pizza for his "move", a move that people in this region has never seen a player not fall for.

HOS

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has hell frozen over

Oh my!!! We're TEAM OF THE WEEK!!!:confused:

We played like crap and somehow managed to get picked. I guess they have to spread it around a bit. It only can be Westside and Peg so many times in one year.:rolleyes:

They did manage to credit the wrong guy with our first goal though. It was Ryan Dormer that scored off of a rebound on a Denny Ferreira shot.

I can't wait to see who it will be next week. They're probably putting all the names into a hat right now. :)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cut and paste.

A full slate of games were played this past weekend, including the two Imperial Cup quarter-final matches that were postponed last week. As a result of this week's results, all 8 VMSL Province Cup entries have now been finalized. Not surprisingly, 7 of the 8 are the top teams from the Premier Division, while only one comes from Division 1. The 8 VMSL teams to participate in this year's Province Cup are: Westside Rino, Sporting Club, Pegasus FC, Burnaby Canadians, Surrey United, Khalsa 96ers, ICSF Inter, and Firefighters. The Province Cup draw is slated for March 18, while the competition will begin on April 12.

In the Imperial Cup quarter-finals, Westside Rino struggled for the entire first half and for a good part of the second half before finally subduing a very energetic AC Milan by a 6-1 score. Westside took the lead midway through the first half on a goal by young Alex Kosanin, but AC Milan replied early in the second half when Tony Pupillo beat veteran goalkeeper Mike Wicken with a cleverly taken shot. This seemed to light a fire under Westside as they came back to score 5 unanswered goals. Oliver Heald led the charge by scoring three times. Heald's first goal came on one of his patented free kicks as he curled the ball past Milan's goalkeeper. Heald's next two goals were also things of beauty as he first controlled a cross inside the 18-yard box and calmly deposited the ball inside the far post, and then beat a rather inept offside trap and dribbled half the length of the field to put the game out of Milan's reach. Steve Frazao and Steve Dickinson scored the late goals to seal Milan's fate.

In the other quarter-final, Sporting Club edged Richmond United by a 2-1 score in a game that proved to be a lot closer than anticipated. In fact, Sporting Club is the favourite to win Group 'B' of the Premier Division, while Richmond United is sitting in third place in Division 1. Nevertheless, in a highly-spirited and physical game, Richmond United provided the Portuguese team with more opposition than it anticipated. Denny Ferreira gave Sporting a 1-0 halftime lead, but John Peterson knotted the score midway through the second half. Only a very late goal--in the dying moments of regulation time--by Carlos Batista gave Sporting the victory. Will Faulk was outstanding in his midfield position for Richmond, while Batista was a going concern throughout the contest for Sporting. Sporting Club will now play Westside Rino in one of the Imperial Cup semi-finals, while Pegasus FC and Firefighters will battle in the other one.

In Premier Division league play, West Van Legion and Pegasus FC drew 1-1 with Shawn Fetterley scoring for West Van and Gavin Frey for Pegasus; the Sapperton Rovers defeated the Metro-Ford Wolves 1-0 on Kent Waechter's great goal; the Burnaby Canadians and ICSF Inter were unable to settle their differences and settled for a 0-0 tie; Croatia SC clobbered the short-handed Argentina Athletics 6-1 on goals by Johnny Pashilidis, Marin Mrsic, Josip Maras, Petar Sulentic, Leo Wilk, and Davor Pavlovic; Khalsa 96ers beat AC Milan 3-0 in a match played Wednesday evening at Queeen's Park Stadium in New Westminster. Matt Mori, David Samra, and Mandla Sibiya scored for Khalsa.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: SPORTING CLUB for its gutsy performance against a very highly motivated Richmond United team. Sporting managed to win the Imperial Cup quarter-final game in the late stages of the match after a rousing 90 minutes of action.

'PAZZO' PLAYER OF THE WEEK: OLIVER HEALD (of Westside Rino) for his incredible performance against AC Milan in an Imperial Cup quarter-final match. Heald scored 3 memorable goals to get his heavily-favoured team out of a lethargic slumber and lead them to victory. Heald will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The prize may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-03-29.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It'll be either Slurrey or Sporting next week :rolleyes:

If Sporting win, it will be a superlative performance to win their side of Premier...

If Slurrey win, it will be an incredible effort to deny Sporting a spot in the league championship, at least until their next match...

Superlative,

~Regs.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a clown

Batista did nothing but complain to the ref for the entire game. He was far from being any type of concern for our backline. His only chance came when we decided to push everyone forward in the last minute.

Who writes these reports?? Maybe they should actually come to the game and watch:mad:

It is hard to believe that sporting are at the top of their side.

Leanguttedaboutbeingthatcloseagain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LEAN,

I believe Azzi "writes" them but obviously he can't be at all games :D From what I recall, each tems writes a "recap" of sorts and sends it in... Azzi then uses these reports to cull the VMSL Weekly Report.

If you have a problem with Carlos being POTW, you should probably direct your attention to the Sporting boys here as their 'report' must have raved about Carlos :D

~Regs.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not POTW

Regs,

Carlos was not POTW he was the player of the minute:(

I can't see Sporting writing anything great about his performance, as he tends to be the player furthest from the ball. They played the game through Foncesca (I hope he is alright BTW) and Batista turns and runs away.

I can't see Sporting doing well without Foncesca.

LeanthinksTBistryingtostirthepot...inthatcasetheChopswereluckytosurvivetheIdiots

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Batista

Carlos must be doing something right this season, seeing how has now has 14 goals this year, 10 in the season and 4 in the Imperial Cup. Maybe he knows something that the rest of us don't.

Running away from the ball = scoring

By the way, isn't it just like pure goal scorers to be somewhat invisible most of the game, and then score a crucial goal when given an opportunity?

Hey, didn't we score the winning goal without Fonseca? I think we'll do just fine without him, but he is an awesome player and we're better with him.

SportinggladtohavetheonetwopunchofFonsecaandBatista:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SportinggladtohavetheonetwopunchofFonsecaandBatista
From all reports recently, one would think Fonseca is the only one taking one or two punches :D

~Regswhorealisesnopunchesweren'tthrownbuttheanalogyfits :D

PS. Go Slurrey :knvb:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imagine if he liked the ball

Gomesy,

If the guy actually liked the ball he might have more goals and if Fonseca didn't attract all of the attention then Batista would be be hard pressed to bulge the back of the net.

How is that one-two punch sitting on the sideline this weekend feel:eek:

Leanthinksabeatingwillhappenthisweekend(ifthesnowholdsoff)

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's good to still have some games to look forward to

Our one two punch is feeling alright, they're probably just thinking about our next Imperial Cup game :eek:, or our next two season games :eek:, or our Provincial Cup game :eek:.

How are you feeling now that your season is over? :eek:

It's funny how when you have two smart forwards, they know how to work in conjuction with one another. One attracts all the attention, and then when the stupid defenders forget about the other, he scores. :confused: :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One attracts all the attention, and then when the stupid defenders forget about the other, he scores.
Good thing you guys don't have to play the mucker Mermaids anytime soon... :rolleyes:

~Regs.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not Stupid, I'm just an Idiot

Gomesy,

How was the view from the sideline??

As for the 1+2 punch, one has got too big of a headhache to think of his on fcuking name and the other has your head up his arse so how could he think of anything else;)

As for having no more games, fair enough!! Just means that the golf game will get a little bit of an early start and maybe a visit to Whistler to get in some spring boarding:cool:

Don't get me wrong I would love to be playing in the next round but that ain't going to happen so I'm moving on.

Leanlookingatthebrightsideofthings:rolleyes:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that suppose to be a burn

The view from the sideline was alright considering we won, but it's always hard to watch.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I wasn't out there :rolleyes: , I wouldn't have wanted to add to my collection of yellow cards.:eek: :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0