Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Review Azzi's Team and Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There have been a few comments floated around on here now that Bill has brought back the Weekly Reports from Premier League action.

Here is another classic, "PLAYER OF THE WEEK: LAURENT (Bunny) SCALIGINE (of Pegasus FC) for his brilliant two-goal performance against ICSF Inter."

Do you think that Bill would have put (Bunny) if he knew why Laurent has that nickname?

I hope that Azzi can keep with this, and start handing out all the Nicknames for players around the league.

Congrats to Bunny :eek: and Peg on player and team of the week, I guess with 36 points going into the break, you Flying Cnuts deserve it.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I can't believe you posted this because I was thinking the same thing earlier today :D

I wish you were a better keeper because I would love to see "VMSL Player of the Week: Hands of Stone for his brilliant tips over the bar when those Flying Cnuts from the North Shore tried to chip him"... it just won't happen on so many fronts... :rolleyes:

:D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the Nicest Thing you have ever Said to Me Regs

Originally posted by Regs
I wish you were a better keeper because I would love to see "VMSL Player of the Week: Hands of Stone

If Sap keeper Mike Arrano can get player of the Week, than there is still a hope for HOS.

The best nickname in the league has got to be Hearnsy's "Criminal".

I would love to see that on the exellent site.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside - Inter ??

TEAM OF THE WEEK: WESTSIDE RINO for its impressive performance in its 5-3 victory over ICSF Inter. The victory gained first place in the Group 'A' standings for Westside, while the loss dropped Inter into second place in Group 'B'.

Of course, it is from the excellent site.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reality

the excellent site can always be counted on for an accurate take on where things stand.:rolleyes:
a more realistic summary should/would have read:

TEAM OF THE WEEK: WESTSIDE RINO for its impressive performance in its 5-3 victory over Pegasus. The victory gained first place in the Group 'A' standings for Westside, while the loss dropped Inter to 5TH PLACE IN THE OVERALL STANDINGS AND OUT OF A PROVINCIAL SPOT.

Further, from the excellent site:
As a result of the victory, Surrey United's chances of making it to the Provincial Cup playdowns improve enormously.

let's see. slurrey jumped from sixth place overall to....wait for this....sixth place overall. seven points out with three games to play. enormous :rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: reality

Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
the excellent site can always be counted on for an accurate take on where things stand.:rolleyes:
a more realistic summary should/would have read:

TEAM OF THE WEEK: WESTSIDE RINO for its impressive performance in its
5-3 victory over Pegasus. The victory gained first place in the Group 'A' standings
for Westside, while the loss dropped Inter to 5TH PLACE IN THE OVERALL
STANDINGS AND OUT OF A PROVINCIAL SPOT.

Your post is just as inaccurate as the excellent site.
Well done Cerebral on your post. In fact, it was excellent.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Cerebral

Your name is so fitting.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: WESTSIDE RINO for its impressive performance in its
5-3 victory over Pegasus. The victory gained first place in the Group 'A' standings
for Westside, while the loss dropped Inter to 5TH PLACE IN THE OVERALL
STANDINGS AND OUT OF A PROVINCIAL SPOT.

I noticed you were online for about ten minutes...probably just staring at your post, scratching your head wondering what was wrong.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't know you had me on the clock.
thanks for setting me straight.:rolleyes:
for the record then:...the TIE dropped Inter to 5TH PLACE IN THE OVERALL STANDINGS AND OUT OF A PROVINCIAL SPOT.
i'm sure it felt like a loss.
now go back to your pissing match with WAB.

smallsynotsocerebral

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 17

WEEK #17 -- 2003-01-21

Week #17 featured a couple of major upsets and the relegation of one of the VMSL's best known teams. Croatia SC, a team that has been near the top of the Premier Division standings for many years, has been officially demoted to the first division for the 2003-04 season. As a result of a 3-1 loss to the Metro-Ford Wolves on Friday evening at Port Moody's Town Centre Park, Croatia's slim chances of survival have now evaporated. Metro-Ford took the early lead when Whitecap Andrew Veer scored with a fine far-post shot after John Price set him free with a great pass. Soon thereafter, defender Elliott Smith headed home what proved to be the winner on a well-executed free kick by Jeff Roberts. Croatia fought back and took advantage of a defensive mix-up to narrow the margin when young Max Kieselewski scored from close range. Andrew Veer's penalty kick--just before the halftime whistle--restored the 2-goal lead, a lead that Metro-Ford would not relinquish despite Croatia's determined efforts.

Also on Friday evening, at Queen's Park Stadium in New Westminster, a major upset took place when the Khalsa 96ers disposed of Group 'B' leaders Pegasus FC by a convincing 3-0 margin. Marcelo Giunto opened the scoring early in the second half when he made a great run down the left flank, beat two Pegasus defenders and chipped the ball over the goalkeeper's head from 20 metres out. A few minutes later, Giunto was again instrumental as he set up Raju Chohan with a perfect pass. Chohan's full volley was a thing of beauty as he blasted the ball into the Pegasus net. The final goal came late in the game as Chohan set up young Jason Sarai with a brilliant pass. All in all, the Khalsa's victory was well-deserved at the newly-promoted team had most of the play, particularly in the second half when Pegasus seemed to run out of steam. Khalsa's goalkeeper, Chris Johnson, recorded his sixth shutout of the season. Khalsa's victory solidifies its chances of earning a spot in the Province Cup playdowns.

The other upset took place on Sunday at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver when West Van Legion earned a 3-1 decision over the Burnaby Canadians. A victory for the Canadians would have placed them in a 3-way tie for first place in the Group 'B' standings. The loss, however, leaves them in third place, 3 points behind the leaders--Pegasus FC and Sporting Club. Two goals by newcomer Milad Rahmati and a singleton by veteran Shane Carphin sealed Burnaby's fate. Iain Sneddon scored the lone goal for the visitors. The well-earned 3 points improve West Van's chances of making it to the Province Cup playdowns.

Saturday, at Mercer Stadium in New Westminster, a semi-upset took place as SportsTown FC demolished the Sapperton Rovers by a 5-0 score. The SportsTown victory was not so much of an upset, but the final score certainly was as the Rovers have earned the reputation of being one of the toughest teams in the VMSL. SportsTown got 3 goals from Darren Prentice and singletons from Terry Bell and Spencer Coppin to earn all 3 points. The loss leaves Sapperton in a precarious position as far as making it to the Province Cup playdowns in concerned.

Also on Saturday, at Cloverdale Athletic Park, Surrey United put another nail in the Argentina Athletics' coffin by defeating the Group 'B' last place team by an explicit 3-0 score. Shawn Blakeway, Ivan Estrada, and David Hleucka scored the Surrey goals. It should be noted that Blakeway's goal puts him in a tie with Benji Hayford--of ICSF Inter--for the GOLDEN BOOT AWARD. Argentina now needs a major miracle to survive in the Premier Division.

On Sunday, at Adanac Park, two of the top teams in the VMSL battled to a 1-1 draw--a draw that left both ICSF Inter and Sporting Club in second place in their respective groups. It should be noted that Sporting Club is actually tied on points with Pegasus FC in the Group 'B' standings. Tie-breaking procedures, however, favour the North Shore/Surrey team. Sporting took the lead early in the second half on a goal by Carlos Batista, while Inter earned the draw when Tony Gaita capped off a superb individual performance by scoring the all-important tying goal.

Also on Sunday, at Hillcrest Park, Westside Rino had a lot more difficulty in disposing of AC Milan than the final 4-0 score would indicate. In fact, all 4 Westside goals came in the last 20 minutes of play after a very scrappy performance by both teams. Young Steve Frazao led the way with two goals, while veteran Craig Chiasson and Whitecap Oliver Heald rounded out the scoring. The victory leaves Westside alone in first place in the Group 'A' table, 3 points ahead of ICSF Inter.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: KHALSA 96ers for their brilliant performance in defeating star-studded Pegasus FC by an emphatic 3-0 score.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: MARCELO GIUNTO of Khalsa 96ers for his amazing effort in his team's upset victory over Pegasus.
Does this mean HOS is going to start another thread?

Player of the week is Marcelo Giunto? He scored one flipping goal. SportsTown's Darren Prentice got 3 vs. Sapp, but apparently Marcelo had an "amazing effort." :rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wondering

Why wasn't H O S given player of the week?
I demand a recount,the guy shut out peg!

coachwhowantstotalktoazzi.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummmm, Giunto didn't open the scoring on Friday night so his goal wasn't even the winner. I watched most of that game and he wasn't even man of the match, nevermind VMSL player of the week :rolleyes:

An explicit write-up other than that though...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No I in TEAM

Originally posted by coach
Why wasn't H O S given player of the week?

But there is a little hos:

T H E O A S M

Marcello has been scoring some huge goals for us, and the one vs. Peg on Friday night was a cracker. That was his second player of the week Get this year, he must be fixing Azzi's Car for Free or something.

Thanks Coach for the Nod, I will see you on the Weekend Mom.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Team of the week: Westside for their superlative performance against perenial powers Metro-Ford Wolves

Player of the Week: Chris Johnson for his 2nd career clean-sheet in the VMSL

:D

~Regs.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second that

Well done H O S, I heard you had another blinder mate!
If this doesn't earn you the honours,nothing else will.

(Cory who?) Coach.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0