Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Review Azzi's Team and Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more idiot...............

Gomesy,

Back to reality - you guys used all your luck against the Idiots - we gave you the first 15 minutes, gradually drew ourselves level and then fate/luck determined the winner. All the best in the next round and all that but dont go on about how good your team or your forwards are because if I remember rightly one of them missed an Animal gift (an open net) to kill the game with 20 minutes remaining - sure they can juggle balls with their backs to goal on the sidelines but talk about hitting a cows arse with a banjo.................

Ginger "not impressed by a so called good premier side" Tours

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One bad game

I guess no team ever has a bad game.

I never once said that we played well this past weekend. Actually, my first post was about how we played terrible and they gave us the TEAM OF THE WEEK, and by the rolley eyes I thought you "idiots" (you said it not me) would understand. Here's my quote:

We played like crap and somehow managed to get picked. I guess they have to spread it around a bit. It only can be Westside and Peg so many times in one year.

Come on, you guys did great making it that far, and congrats on that, but the better team won, even if we did play poorly.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now you're pissing me off!!

Gomesy,

This patronizing crap about us making it so far and that we are a spirited team and it was a major upset. What a load of Sh*t.

You are starting to sound like Azzi and the fcuking league exec's. There seems to be this impretion that the great premier is so much better than Division 1. Well let me tell you, there isn't one premier side that we played us this year that would say that they dominated us. It's interesting that 3 or 4 premier sides play us every year to warm up for their season. It must be because we are so fcuking terrible:mad:

Even the slow footed, one move TB was able to go from a Div 1 side right into premier. It can't be all that impressive;)

Leandoesn'tthinkGomesyknowsRUFCarethe"IDIOTS"

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
secret........

LEAN,

I don't think it's any coincidence that you idiots have only enjoyed a modicum of success since Smallsy fcuked off.

Now if you can only get shot of Willy you might win something.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love not war

Believe me, I know you guys are "IDIOTS". :D

Did I once mention anywhere in my posts that we are great? I don't think so. We have a good team and we usually play good soccer. Passing and speed instead of kick and run. You guys are a tough team to play against. You're big and physical, and that's the way you guys have to play to be successful.

Now you don't honestly believe you would do well in Premier with your current team do you? Sure you have a couple good players, Nick Nashelin(sp?) and Mike Frank were standouts in our game, but come on, you wouldn't do too well in Premier.

Anytime a Premier team plays a div1 team, there's a let down. The Premier team takes the game a little lightly and the div1 team is totally jacked up. The div1 team has nothing to lose. If they lose, oh well that's suppose to happen. This happens all the time. Ask anyone from the Burnaby Canadians. It happened to them twice this Imperial Cup. And the last time it cost them.

But to think of RUFC as a Premier team, sorry I don't.

You guys have a few quality individuals on and off the pitch and you're a good div1 team.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy 16

I totally agree with you on Div.1 teams getting up for games, but have to disagree with you on us doing poorly in premier. There is no arguing that we would have to pick some players to compete, but we have about 8 - 10 good players and that is a hell of a lot better than you had when you went up. You lot have done a good job to stay up and then build, I think RUFC could do the same if we could stop losing points to Lobbans, Shaheen...

As for fuksaca that guy is a disgrace. He through cheap shots all over the park then dove ,cryed when anyone went near him. It is a shame to see someone so talented be such a CHEAT. If you are going to stomp on someone through elbows at least have the balls to take it like a man.

Animal

P.S. Gomesy JR. please stop watchng the rest of your team diving, I have never seen you play that way before and hope I don't have to see it again.
And good luck next round.

Animal

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK #24 -- 2003-03-11

Most of the attention was focused on the Under 21 Cup semi-finals this past weekend as the 4 top teams in the division battled for a spot in the League Cup final. On Saturday, at Hastings Bowl in East Vancouver, the top team in the Under 21 standings, Sikh Temple, fell 4-1 to the upstart Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves. The visitors took a well-deserved 3-0 first half lead and survived a determined Sikh Temple comeback to eventually claim the victory and a spot in the final. Richard Norman, on a great header, Darrell Boyko, on a penalty kick, and Azad Palani scored in the first half for Metro-Ford. In the second half the two teams traded goals with Donald Kambere scoring for the Wolves and David Chohan for Sikh Temple. Midfielder Boyko, defender Norman, and forward Palani were outstanding for Metro-Ford, while Chohan and goalkeeper Andy Singh played very well for Sikh Temple in a losing cause.

On Sunday, at Hillcrest Park in Vancouver, the other heavily-favoured team in the Under 21 Division--Westside Rino--was unceremoniously bounced out of League Cup play by the underdog Surrey United in as an exciting a game as one could possibly hope for. After a rather slow start, Rino's team took the lead on a goal by Andrew Cooke, padded the lead with an early second half goal by defender Matt Muir and then appeared to collapse as Surrey United came back with 2 late goals to send the game into overtime. Muir's goal is worthy of special mention as he dribbled through numerous Westside defenders before cracking a thunderous 25-metre shot into the roof of the Surrey United net. This goal seemed to wake Surrey United up and they rallied tenaciously to gain the tie on goals by Kyle Krois and Brendan Wilkinson. In the dying moments of regulation time, Surrey United almost got the winner when Jordan Gibbs narrowly missed the corner of the net after outpacing the Westside defenders. Surrey United completely dominated the first 10 minutes of overtime and hit the bar, the post, had two shots blocked on the line, and fired two great chances wide of the target. Westside somehow weathered the storm and even had a great chance of their own on a breakaway that was foiled by goalkeeper Jordan Fode. Early in the second overtime half, Surrey United finally got the "Golden Goal" winner when centre-back Jordan Langelaar forced the ball over the goal line to give his team the 3-2 victory and send them into the final against the Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves.

In Premier Division action, Surrey United held Sporting Club to a 1-1 draw, thus postponing--or perhaps even ending--the Portuguese team's chances of winning the Group 'B' title. In fact, the tie leaves Sporting Club in a 3-way tie with Burnaby Canadians and Pegasus FC at the top of the standings. Sporting Club has one game left--against West Van Legion--while the other two divisional leaders have ended their regular league schedule. Former Surrey United player Steve Dormer gave Sporting Club the early lead. A very late goal by 16-year old Reshad Etminan gave Surrey United the tie. Sporting's goalkeeper, Whitecap Alex Marques, was outstanding throughout the contest. In the other Premier Division game, Westside Rino edged the Sapperton Rovers 2-1 in a rather ugly affair played on Sunday at Hillcrest Park. Craig Chiasson gave Rino the lead midway through the first half, while young Alex Kosanin finished off a pretty 3-way passing play for the second goal. Sapperton's Trevor Todd narrowed the margin late in the match.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: SURREY UNITED UNDER 21's for their remarkable come-from-behind 3-2 overtime victory over heavily-favoured Westside Rino.

'PAZZO' PLAYER OF THE WEEK: DARRELL BOYKO of Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves for his superlative midfield performance in his team's 4-1 upset victory over Sikh Temple. Boyko will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The prize may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-04-06.

Another superlative effort by a Surrey United squad. Good show boys.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmm, pizza.

a fair and thoroughly accurate assessment (IMHO) :rolleyes: :D

WEEK #25 -- 2003-03-18

Once again, the closure of all Vancouver fields played havoc with the VMSL schedule. One of the Imperial Cup semi-finals--between Westside Rino and Sporting Club--was played at Burnaby Lake's Field Turf, while the other--between Pegasus FC and Firefighters--had to be postponed. The Westside - Sporting game proved to be a very intense and closely-contested affair with Rino's team finally prevailing by a 2-1 overtime score. Westside took the early lead when veteran Jason Small carried the ball from his own end of the field through a maze of opponents before unleashing a wicked 25-metre shot that handcuffed Sporting's goalkeeper Alex Marques. Midway through the first half Sporting replied when Ryan Dormer scored on a goal-mouth scramble. The remainder of the first half saw Westside attack incessantly only to have Sporting's (and Whitecaps') goalkeeper Alex Marques come up with some remarkable saves. The second half featured a lot of end-to-end action with both teams taking turns at creating goal-scoring opportunities. However, no goals were scored and the result had to be settled in overtime. Late in the first overtime half, Westside player-coach Mike Mosher took a long free kick and found defender Jason Small who promptly headed the ball home for the 'Golden Goal' winner. Defensively, George Lapa and Mike Gomes played very well for Sporting, while midfielder Brian Gebbie deserves a mention for his outstanding performance in marking Westside's key player, Oliver Heald, out of the match. Westside now advances to the Imperial Cup final against the winner of the Pegasus - Firefighters game, a game to be played this Saturday at Newton Athletic's Field Turf.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: WESTSIDE RINO for its excellent performance in defeating Sporting Club in overtime in the Imperial Cup semi-finals.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Defender JASON SMALL, of Westside Rino, for his two brilliant goals in the Imperial Cup semi-final match against Sporting Club. Small will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The prize may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-04-13.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, brilliant goals don't deserve a pizza pie, now if they were superlative that would be a different story...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Won't the Pizza be Cold by Then

Originally posted by Regs
Why not donate the pizza to the pot for the March Madness pool? :D

Smallsy gets lots of Pizza from Rino, so he isn't that Small:eek:

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'PAZZO' PLAYER OF THE WEEK: DARRELL BOYKO of Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves for his superlative midfield performance in his team's 4-1 upset victory over Sikh Temple. Boyko will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The prize may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-04-06.
Impressive for a suspended player.
BOYKO Darrell Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves U-21 2003-01-19 2 Games $20

Sorry HOS, I had the wrong player the first time. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I can Post my Slag

Take a Look at Who the Player Plays for - METRO-FORD.

NO Pizza for YOU, One Year.

Pizza Nazi:D

Is it still funny knvb?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if i still would have been mentioned in the report if Azzi knew that Smallsy's first goal was deflected in by me :eek:

Cheers,
Junior

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK #26 -- 2003-03-25

Despite the seemingly perennial blanket closure of Vancouver fields, several VMSL games took place this past weekend. The most important, of course, was the Pegasus FC - Firefighters Imperial Cup semi-final held on Saturday at Newton Athletic's new field turf. The match was attended by numerous spectators, most of them fans of the once unbeatable Firemen, fans that had disappeared from the scene since their team's relegation from the Premier Division. The game was spoiled somewhat by the strong wind which favoured Pegasus in the first half and the Firefighters in the second. In fact, most of the action took place in the Firemen's half of the field during the first 45 minutes of play but newly-signed goalkeeper Mike Franks and central defender Jeff Skinner were able to thwart the numerous Pegasus goalscoring opportunities. Late in the first half, Pegasus almost took the lead when Paul Dailly saw his great shot miraculously saved by Franks, who even found a way to smother the rebound. Shortly thereafter, Firemen's Jeff Clarke set Peter Bergholz free on a great counter-attacking pass. Bergholz' shot bounced off the top of the bar to leave the score at 0-0 at the half. The second half told a completely different story as the Firefighters took full advantage of the wind situation to exert a great deal of pressure on the North Shore/Surrey team. A neat 3-way passing play between Peter Bergholz, Jeff Skinner, and Jeff Clarke resulted in the first goal of the game as Clarke neatly stroked the ball home from close range. Bergholz also set up the second goal when he took advantage of a Pegasus defensive miscue to assist Trevor Bourne's tap in. A late third goal by Clarke was simply icing on the Firemen's cake as he took a pass from young Mark Heinhuis and found the bottom corner with a well-placed shot. All in all, it cannot be argued that the first division Firefighters fully deserved the 3-0 upset victory over the heavily-favoured Premier Division--and perennial powerhouse--Pegasus. The Firemen will now take on another perennial powerhouse--Westside Rino--in the Imperial Cup final. The game will be played on Sunday, March 30 at Kinsman Stadium in North Vancouver. Kick-off is slated for 2:00 p.m.

On Sunday, at Port Moody Field Turf, Sporting Club clinched first place in Group 'B' of the Premier Division by shutting out West Van Legion 3-0 on three excellent goals by Steve Dormer--all three set up by brother Ryan Dormer. Unfortunately for Dormer, former teammate Shawn Blakeway also scored 3 times in Surrey United's 4-1 victory over AC Milan. As a result of this past weekend's activity, Blakeway has clinched the goalscoring title and will be the recipient of the "GOLDEN BOOT AWARD".

TEAM OF THE WEEK: FIREFIGHTERS of the VMSL first division for their well-deserved 3-0 victory over Premier Division Pegasus in the Imperial Cup Semi-finals.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: JEFF CLARKE, of Firefighters, for his brilliant performance in his team's upset 3-0 victory over Pegasus FC. Clarke led the Firemen's way to victory with 2 goals and exceptional midfield play. For his efforts, Clarke will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The pizza must be consumed on the premises and may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-04-20.

This pick is shite! No offence to Clark, but he was average(for him) in really, a below average game.His first goal was an absolute sitter. Steve or Shawn should have been player of the week. Dormers three got them a date in the league finial and Shawns got him a 4 goal lead in the golden boot race. As hard as I'm biting my tongue, Steves probably the more important of the two.

Blakeway has clinched the goalscoring title and will be the recipient of the "GOLDEN BOOT AWARD".
It's not clinched either, Benji still has a game left vs. a really awful ACM team.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Thats a pretty biased opinion, I could score against ACM!!!

From my great seat on the bench fukcing Clarky killed us so he is deserving of the Player of the week.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK #27 -- 2003-04-01

The VMSL Under 21 Cup final was one of the few games not affected by the weather and took place at Cloverdale Athletic Park where Surrey United emerged victorious, winning an exciting game by a 2-1 score over the very talented Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves. The match started at a frantic pace, a pace that was maintained throughout the entire 90 minutes. The action flowed back and forth from one end of the field to the other, making it a very entertaining and exciting game for the numerous spectators. Surrey winger James Giebelhaus came close to scoring in the first minute but his powerful header just glanced over the cross-bar. Then, one minute later, United striker Sean Kelly broke through and blasted a fierce 15-metre shot just over the cross-bar. Metro-Ford responded immediately and exciting young striker Donald Kambere finished a tricky left wing dribble by firing a low shot just wide of the post. The first goal of the game came at the 20th minute mark when Surrey striker Jordan Gibbs flicked the ball through for Giebelhaus who beat his defender before crossing the ball onto the path of Kelly who calmly slotted the ball past Metro-Ford goalkeeper Roman Tulis. The Jr. Wolves once again bounced back strongly and got the equalizer when Kambere pounced on a loose ball and smashed it past Surrey goalkeeper Jordan Fode. With 6 minutes remaining in the first half United midfielder Lee Grant cleverly chipped the ball over the heads of the Metro-Ford defenders for Kelly to run onto and hammer the ball in the net for his second goal of the match, the one that proved to be the winner. In the second Metro-Ford maintained the hectic pace and enjoyed a decisive territorial advantage. United seemed content to absorb the pressure with some great defending, particularly on the part of man-of-the-match Jordan Langelaar. Surrey's counter-attacks were still dangerous, however, with Kelly and Grant coming close to increasing the lead. Metro-Ford had several goalscoring opportunities of its own with Kambere, Azad Palani, and young Fadi Younan leading the attack. All in all, the match was exciting to watch with both teams displaying some excellent soccer--a credit to the sport in general and the league in particular.

On Saturday, at Burnaby Lake's Field Turf, the Metro-Ford Wolves and the West Van Legion ended their Premier Division season with the Wolves beating West Van by a decisive 4-0 margin. Brad Leitch, with the first (and perhaps last) goal of his long career, Ken Strain, Andrew Veer, and Jamie Fletcher scored the goals for Metro-Ford.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: SURREY UNITED U-21 for their impressive performance in defeating the Metro-Ford Jr. Wolves in the VMSL Under 21 Cup final.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: JORDAN LANGELAAR of Surrey United for his outstanding defensive play in his team's 2-1 victory over Metro-Ford. For his efforts, Langelaar will receive a prize of a pizza for two, courtesy of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The pizza must be consumed on the premises and may be claimed anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-04-27.

Is it bad when your U-21 team racks up more team O the week's than it's premier team? Debatable I guess. Way to go Surrey guys none the less, I just hope you play this well in the PCSL for your new coach.:eek:
Wolves beating West Van by a decisive 4-0 margin. Brad Leitch, with the first (and perhaps last) goal of his long career,
Say it ain't so Lurchy? I would actually miss the guy being around, it's so much easier on us when he does play. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0