Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Review Azzi's Team and Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Bronco
Ahhhh cause we couldn't read it on the excellent site. You Orange sycophant!!;)
Yes, but Regs wants people, even relegated own goal scoring Croatians to read HIS site.

Welcome back. ;)

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On March 31, 2002 Croatia defeated Indo 2-1 and confirmed our short but sweet stay in Div 1.........Bronco and other Croatia players were on their high horse

Hey Indo, How does it feel like to be relegated

Enjoy Division 1

To take the words from Alanis Morrisette......Isn't it ironic:rolleyes:

Sandman

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what you're talking about in regards to the taunts. I definitely wasn't spouting off about your relegation, but I will ask you again. Are you sure what you think is actually fact? ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEEK #33 -- 2003-05-12

The Province Cup final--featuring two VMSL teams--was held on Saturday at Royal Athletic Park in Victoria. Political correctness dictated the venue and the date. First of all, it was Vancouver Island's turn to host the final. The fact that both teams were from the lower mainland did not play a part in the equation. Secondly, Sunday was Mother's Day and it would have caused a furor if the Province Cup final had been held on Mother's Day. In any case, the game between Surrey United and ICSF Inter proved to be an exciting, end-to-end, affair with the former Fraser Valley team finally prevailing by a narrow 3-2 margin. Both teams were vying for their first ever Province Cup and fully proved to be worthy contenders by their performances. Surrey United took the lead midway through the first half when defender Graeme Magowan converted a well-taken corner kick by Todd Stauber into the go-ahead goal. Shortly thereafter, another defender--this time Inter's Scott Walters--duplicated Magowan's feat by doing the same thing at the other end of the pitch. Surrey's playing-coach, veteran Joe Deacon, re-established his team's lead at the 70th minute mark when he tapped in a well-placed Shawn Blakeway pass from about 10 meters out. Once again, however, ICSF bounced back as young Umbertino Cucca restored parity. The winner finally came at the 83rd minute mark from the head of Darren Villars off a Craig Dalrymple corner kick. Naturally, the goal sent the Surrey United players and spectators into a well-deserved frenzy. From all reports, the celebration lasted 2 days!!

In the Under 21 Provincial Cup final--the Doug Day Cup--two more VMSL teams battled for the championship with the heavily-favoured Westside Rino capturing the title with relative ease by disposing of the upstart Surrey United by a 2-0 score. The game, played on Saturday--once again to avoid Mother's Day--at Town Centre Stadium in Coquitlam, saw Westside dominate proceedings from the opening whistle. Andrew Cooke provided virtually all the excitement in the match as he scored both Westside goals and then proceeded to get ejected! As a result of the red card, Westside was forced to play with only 10 men for the entire second half but Surrey United was unable to take advantage of the situation.

TEAM OF THE WEEK: SURREY UNITED for its first ever Province Cup Championship victory!

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: GRAEME MAGOWAN of Surrey United for his superlative performance--both defensively and offensively--in his team's thrilling 3-2 victory over ICSF Inter. For his efforts Magowan will receive a prize of a pizza for two, compliments of PAZZO TRATTORIA AND LOUNGE. The pizza must be consumed on the premises and is available anytime, except for Mondays, up to 2003-06-10.

This is far from a superlative effort by our man Azzi. I got the feeling he was none-to-impressed Surrey United won. Tough beans. With this many free pies, I think the team wind up will be on the VMSL. :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who writes this bollocks?

I hope his Mum's proud of him. I reckon there's some sexual tension there the way he bangs on about her.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday was Mother's Day and it would have caused a furor if the Province Cup final had been held on Mother's Day
What's that all about? I'm pretty sure that this was the first year that the final wasn't played on Mother's Day... :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, It's obvious that mothers the world over would have been enraged had their day been trumped by the Province Cup final. :rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MacWho?

Even Regs could have scored that goal.....

Joe Deacon was Surrey's best player on the day, both defensively and offensively...it was a superlative perfomrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0