Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whack is just over worrying. We were already missing our top 2 scorers for this game. Earliar today, we found out our 3rd leading scorer is on an IV with a serious virus and not likely to play tomorrow as he's been throwing up for the last 24 hrs. He is as tough as they come though and I expect that by tomorrow, he will play. If he doesn't, that would be 27 goals scored this year among our top 3 scorers that will not be in the lineup...We are still not worried though. Like I said, this game will be closer than we would like, but we will still prevail 3-1.

Bulljive, your game was alot closer than expected at 2-1. What happened there?

shaven said:
C'mon whack, don't keep us in suspense...what are these recent developments of which you speak???
:confused: ;)

Inquiring minds want to know, goodness gracious don't tease us so!

~Dr. Seuss :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WE should have won big. I scored a cracker tonight, blahzay scored the other. they scored minute later after our 2-0 goal but they never gave us a threat. They kind of play like the bearcats, never really threat seriously to win but it always calls for a tight match. probably 8 yellows tossed out tonight it was a pretty chippy game from their team tonight. They played kick and run, trying to bomb it to #10 all night be we shut him down. 2-1 doesn't do us justice we could have had 6 or 7 tonight. WE will take the win and move on

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT's 9:53 on sunday morning and I am looking forward to our huge game today against the Hades. Us Titans know we are in for battle, especially on their field. I'm coming off a good performance against Chilliwack premier in a call up for the North Delta Lions on friday night and I hope to keep it going. Hope to be posting in a few hours to report a Titans Victory

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it was nice sunny day for the Titans vs Wolves match but that was about the only decent thing you could say. The field was absolute poo with divots and holes everywhere, and the ref was not exactly top notch. Lots of very strange calls both ways. Luckily it didn't factor in as both goals scored were not questionable. Anyway, Wolves scored first on a nice double flick on and header from the top of the six into the top corner. Very nice goal about 20 minutes in. We(Titans) tied it up in the second half and a strange goal. Our left midfileder took the shot and it hit one of their guys and then one of our guys and trickled into the far corner. It was still 1-1 after 90 so it was time for another shoot-out for the titans. We shot first and scored and then they missed and then we scored and they missed and then we missed and they scored and then we scored and they missed and that was theend. Final score 1-1 (Titans win in shoot-out 3-1). Two shootouts in a row, maybe we should start calling ourselves the pk's or the Cardiac kids or something

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 3 Minors 2 (In PK Shots)

Before I get ripped here and you all dwell on my mistake. Yes, I dropped the call in the last minute to allow the tying goal. Yes I feel shitty about doing so. I am sorry for missing the call. Not much I can do here but accept that I missed it and take the wrath of the players.

Not sure who was missing from the Hurricanes but you certainly weren't the same squad I saw in PoCo?

Hurricanes lucky to move on here!

How about the first 89 minutes?

All right begin the ripping, I am all ears!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get On With It said:

Before I get ripped here and you all dwell on my mistake. Yes, I dropped the call in the last minute to allow the tying goal. Yes I feel shitty about doing so. I am sorry for missing the call. Not much I can do here but accept that I missed it and take the wrath of the players.

Not sure who was missing from the Hurricanes but you certainly weren't the same squad I saw in PoCo?

You called a good game and you can't see everything but I thought the game was well over the time and you let thme play almost 8 minutes of injury time.

Good call on the Hurricanes...They didn't deserve to win. Full credit to the minors they played a hell of the game

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we played like shite today. We won, but not in the fashion we should have. Defensively, we played lazy today and often let odd man rushes go without too much of a challenge being put forward. Our forwards couldnt strike a ball with any pace or accuracy, even more so than usual. We didnt start passing the ball decently until towards the end of the game and should have won it on a horribly incorrect offside call, the second in about 5 minutes. Wolves were a mouthy bunch with little class. #7 ran our goalie in the first half and felt a need to go at people even after the ball was long gone. Plus a load of diving all over the field on their part. Can't say much for their sidelines either, just a total lack of respect all around. Luckily, we were able to keep our heads somewhat and pulled through. Overall, a win is a win and hammond is a shite field, hopefully rippers won last night so we get the turf in two weeks and get to play on a decent pitch.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like we said going in, we were playing this one without 7 starters including our top 3 scorers who have accounted for 27 goals for us this year. We knew it was going to be a struggle and it was. Full credit to the Minors for playing a great game. There was missed calls both ways but that happens. I was clearly taken down 2 yds inside the box when we were awarded a free kick instead of a PK in the 2nd half. I didn't move from where I went down and I was 2 yds inside, but like I said referee is going to make mistakes both ways. We had to rely on some unlikely goal scorers today including myself and another guy who scored his 1st of the season. The field was a joke and was difficult to string 2 passes together on...Good on the Minors for playing a great game and it could have gone either way. I thought we dominated the last 25 mins of this game pinning the Minors in this end, but we just couldn't find any finish. Bottom line though, we got our wakeup call and we are through to the next round. We will have at least some of our injured boys back and bring on Whalley!

Get On With It said:

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Injury time does add up as the Minors were kicking the ball 30 yds out of bounds everytime they touched it in the last 25 mins. I'm not gonna diss the Minors though cuz they have a good young team and gave us a hell of a scare. We really missed some goal scoring today as we couldn't finish. Like Bulljive and NDFC, we'll take the win and move on. We'll have at least 4 of our guys back by next week and hopefully all 7.

The Franchise said:
You called a good game and you can't see everything but I thought the game was well over the time and you let thme play almost 8 minutes of injury time.

Good call on the Hurricanes...They didn't deserve to win. Full credit to the minors they played a hell of the game

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record I blew the final whistle at 47:25. Not sure where you got the extra 5 Franchise? Maybe between the beers and pizza you were looking for somemore extra time.

As for the 2 yards inside the box missed call, sorry mate you fell in the box and the ball was kicked into your feet from the player fouling you who was on the white line. I call them as I see them but a PK needs to be a PK. No different than the other call just minutes earlier. Cleat marks go along way in helping my straining eyes.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds like the hurricanes are lucky they didn't play a better team. I imagine if they had of played whalley today the hurrianes would have been dismantled. Have to agree with the field its an absolute joke

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get on with it,

What was the blown call and who tied the game as a result of it ??? ....details anyone.

I do have to say that you are one of the better refs as long as I am yelling at you and telling you that was a foul ;) :D

oh I see PNE lurking..... I'm still pissed off about his trigger happy red card pulling antics from the pak cup game...Hi PNE, I'll forgive you one of these days !!! :D

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Offside goal in the last minute of play. Ball played forward to Hurricane player in the box, he flicked or tried to head it in (I'm not sure) anyway second Hurricane player finished the ball but was in an offside position when the flick happened. I had to think about that one and probably would have gotten right had the keeper not come screaming in my face. I don't blame the keeper because I would have been pissed had I been in net. He was a class guy and let me off the hook as we walked down to take PK's. He put them in the position to win during the match with plenty great saves including a couple of saves in shots only to have their 5th and potentially winning shot hit the underside of the crossbar.

Just one more reason to ask the league send a team of three to Cup games. Their are plenty of good young officials who could run a line in Men's matches but might need a little help dealing with all the screaming at them.

My skin has grown a lot thicker over the past couple of years and to be honest if I have had enough the players know. Shut it means shut it!

Again lads, sorry and thanks for not chewing me to badly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0