Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How come white rock and coq. are not playing their cup game. Instead they are both playing league games? Shaven whats the deal

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
How come white rock and coq. are not playing their cup game. Instead they are both playing league games? Shaven whats the deal

They wanted to give Coquitlam the week off after getting dominated last weekend by the Wolves :D

No, the real reason is there not playing because Eagleridge is on to the third round against either the Alderhole or Geu Rams which haven't played yet so either way Coquitlam or White Rock would have to wait until March 4th till they play so they both get league games so cup play can catch up!

Shaven FYI If your team plays decent D and can avoid the kick and run coquitlams runs (which by the way works against GURU's shitty play) then you guys should be fine.....unless you guys can't score then your in trouble.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
i watched them play this weekend and i wouldnt be holding my breath over anyone on there team..not impressed at all with them im not sure why your worried...and sheep where do you gather your info from???i guess in your eyes they may be good but in someone that knows what soccer should look like then they are far from impressive...out

i agree! i too was at that game and they are far from impressive. nothing to worry about. if the hurricanes wanted it could be 40-0, but i'll go with bulljive's prediction, 25-nil!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

I really was quite confused about that myself, as were my coaches, with the absense of a good explanation, until...

The Franchise said:
No, the real reason is...so they both get league games so cup play can catch up!

Shaven FYI If your team plays decent D and can avoid the kick and run coquitlams runs (which by the way works against GURU's shitty play) then you guys should be fine.....unless you guys can't score then your in trouble.

...this explantion, which seems to be pretty sound, though what I still don't understand is two-fold: Firstly, why are we playing league games when we've played more than every other squad in Two A, save the Titans, and all other squads in our table are being allowed to play their Cup matches (third round, two of them!) when they have more makeup games to play than we do??!! That makes no sense whatsoever, as now WE are a round behind many others...all the league is doing here, it seems to me, is shifting around which teams are a round behind. Appears to be totally non-sensical. Secondly, if there are still round two Cup games to be played, as there are, then this weekend should see only THOSE CUP MATCHES FROM ROUND TWO played, so everything in the Cup gets equalised and all matches are in the same round. If that results in mostly makeup matches for all other squads, and the odd team not playing this weekend, so be it as a necessary measure. Does that not make simplistic and rational sense to everyone else, or am I totally off base here? The league really needs to give out more information as to what they're up to with this, as right now it seems they're just making it up as they go, and not telling anyone the how's and why's.

As for the Arsenal, thanks for the update Franchise, as its info I've heard already regarding their kick and run style. Fortunately, that plays well into our style, particularly on D, and we're fairly solid against that style of play. Looking forward to the match, whenever we get to play it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

~Shaven

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven~
i think you should paste your entire last take to an email and send it to the league. i'm SURE it wont be the first time they've heard it, but maybe they'll realize that they've been flying by the seat of their pants since it first snowed. some really good points made. they need to be told!!!!
i nominate shaven for league pres next year. :D

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll get it done for sure this weekend. It would be wrong to deny the fans of FVSL soccer a showdown b/w the Canes and NDFC in the semis.:D The more trash talk from the likes of Sheep on the sideline, the better. We feed off it!

bulljive said:
don't listen to anyone from GEU they think all their teams are pretty good. titans,tigers,minors all bottom feeders. If the 3 of them combined they would still be a mid pack team. Not to say that each team doesn't have a few good players but thats as far as it goes. Hurricanes 25-0 over the minors :wa:

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
Franchise or Wolfman, to avoid a conflict at the field, we wear red and black jerseys, see you on Sunday.

we have blue or white jersey's...hopefully our coach decides to go with the white to avoid the dark clash.

looking forward to the game, its gonna be a battle.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
yeah, scurvy sucks eh!!! ;) :p :D :D

Yeah really draining.....I figure Sheep will be there chearing for Geu Minors and Titans so at least he could give us some oranges since he isn't playing on Sunday.

Maybe he can bring you guys some Hot Apple Cider for your game ;)

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its too bad we lost to the Rippers. We are cursed and its all TheRobs fault for picking them to win the whole thing. If we had won who knows how far this team could have gone. At least the B.C.’s. I may make an appearance this weekend to cheer on who ever the Wolves are playing.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep shutup! I`m sure that when were playing an important cup game that all that we will be worrying about are the clowns like you on the sideline. And the fans didnt help the knights out much last year because as i recall we won.
Sheep said:
I think it will be closer than you think. The Minors are a pretty good squad and I will be there to cheer them on. The Hurricanes better bring their own fans as they will get no support from Maple Ridge and will probably get harrased all game long just like against the Knights last year when they came to town. I predict a big upset.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In light of some recent devolpments, i am changing my prediction for the hurricanes vs minors game. I predict a 1-0 victory for us, in a very hard fought and tight game.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
In light of some recent devolpments

C'mon whack, don't keep us in suspense...what are these recent developments of which you speak???
:confused: ;)

Inquiring minds want to know, goodness gracious don't tease us so!

~Dr. Seuss :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0