Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
How longs the ban?

I didn't think wwe would hear from you again after another lose last night.

Why didn't you come out and watch our game. Troy's turning into our number 1 fan

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven said:
If you are taking the piss on correct English, you might want to sort out yours. YOU'RE, not your. SENTENCES, not sentances.

funny part about that is he probably looked over those 2 lines for a good 10minutes thinking that there were no mistakes...

logging on to takethepiss.com = 18seconds

entering the presidents cup forum = 6seconds

posting a message while thinking its witty = 10minutes

making fun of anothers grammar while yours is 17times worse...damn priceless.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round Two and Three Predictions

Poco City Renegades 3B DFC Rovers 3B Seein how the Rovers kicked there ass last week....safe to say it will be the same this week Rovers 5-1

SFC Bullets 3A Surrey Rippers 2A If the Rippers have enough guys they will win but if they fold like every second week then Bullets to round 4

North Delta FC 2A Eagleridge United 2A Delta in a close game 2-0 If bulljive could play it might have been 3-0

Aldergrove United 2A LUFC Rangers 3A Aldergrove in a close battle 2-1

Aldergrove U Warriors 2B GEU Rams 3A Still like the Rams to pull an upset here 2-1 shoot-outs

GEU Miners 3B Surrey Hurricanes 2B This game is right after ours and beers will be drank....hopefully the Minors can make it a game but doubtful Hurricanes 6-0

GEU Wolves 2C North Delta Titans 2A No Prediction here except beers a plenty after :wa: :knvb: :bronco:

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a closer game between us and the minors. We will be resting several key players who have been playing with injuries lately. My prediction is hurricanes 3, minors 0.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought after round 1 the team with the better standing got home field? itleast it should work like that and so far it has. Last year we didn't have a single home game all cup except for the 1st round, I thought it was due to our position in the standings. I think this is how it should work, although 1st place doesn't even seem to mean anything, no guarantee for promotion, and who knows how they are deciding provincials births. last year it was the cup winner and 1st place in the division, we got to go due to a team dropping out. how will they decide this year?

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell us about it, we went out to Poco for our 1st Cup game and this weekend we will be travelling out to Golden Ears...At least when we meet in the semi's the game has to be in either Surrey or Delta.

bulljive said:
I thought after round 1 the team with the better standing got home field? itleast it should work like that and so far it has. Last year we didn't have a single home game all cup except for the 1st round,

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pilsner said:
Tell us about it, we went out to Poco for our 1st Cup game and this weekend we will be travelling out to Golden Ears...At least when we meet in the semi's the game has to be in either Surrey or Delta.

Not to mention on turf, i don't care who gets the home field. I hate shite fields like old hammond because it gives shite teams the advantage. turf is so much easier to play a skill game but we need to get by eagle ridge and another round first before we meet you guys. i hate not playing it makes me nervous to watch but the boys will bring home the victory. i think franchises prediction will be pretty accuarate

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I thought after round 1 the team with the better standing got home field? itleast it should work like that and so far it has. Last year we didn't have a single home game all cup except for the 1st round, I thought it was due to our position in the standings. I think this is how it should work, although 1st place doesn't even seem to mean anything, no guarantee for promotion, and who knows how they are deciding provincials births. last year it was the cup winner and 1st place in the division, we got to go due to a team dropping out. how will they decide this year?

It's luck of the draw kinda like how you have played div 3 teams and some teams haven't.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
It's luck of the draw kinda like how you have played div 3 teams and some teams haven't.

Do you mean like your draw getting a bye and the playing the worst team in div 2. luckily we have had a pretty good draw but it's not like we got a bye. at some point in the first two or 3 rounds everybody gets to play a shitty team. Just like how the titans have been lucky enough to draw the wolves, but your right you have had the daunting task of taking out the geu titans.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf would make for a fantastic game b/w us. This weekend's game will really be a character test for us though. We've had guys playing with injuries as we have no room for error in the standings. This is the only weekend in terms of Cup or League schedule where, on paper, we play a weak opponent and can rest guys. We may have as many as 7 starters not play in this game though hopefully we can get that number down to 5 by the weekend. We are going to have to grind one out in this game and then we would face 2C leaders (i think they still lead) Whalley United in the 3rd round and then you guys in the semi's. We will need everyone for those games so we have to rest guys this weekend.

bulljive said:
Not to mention on turf, i don't care who gets the home field. I hate shite fields like old hammond because it gives shite teams the advantage. turf is so much easier to play a skill game but we need to get by eagle ridge and another round first before we meet you guys. i

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always go into every game pretty confident but if theres one game thats ever made me a bit worried, it is this weekend. We will be playing without the youth which we've done before but we're also playing without 4 other key impact starters due to injuries. But good teams always find ways to win just as we will but the score will probably be a close 2-0.

The Franchise said:
Round Two and Three Predictions
GEU Miners 3B Surrey Hurricanes 2B This game is right after ours and beers will be drank....hopefully the Minors can make it a game but doubtful Hurricanes 6-0

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you guys need to worry 08star WE had 4 staters missing against a team thats mid pack div 3 and won 6-0. I think 8 of your worst players could show up and still beat those pilons. It may be alittle closer then would like it to be but it will still be a comfortable win. its a good thing you don't have to play a better team like the DFC rovers or you could be in trouble.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it will be closer than you think. The Minors are a pretty good squad and I will be there to cheer them on. The Hurricanes better bring their own fans as they will get no support from Maple Ridge and will probably get harrased all game long just like against the Knights last year when they came to town. I predict a big upset.

B

Blahzay

I watched the Minors play last weekend and I would say that they are far from a pretty good squad. I find it funny how they are sponsored by "First Touch" and yet none of them have one and the whole last name thing on the jersey is almost as bad as the numbers some of the Clones are sporting. The Canes shouldn't have a problem here but seeing what a horrible display the Canes back ups put on at the start of the year you never know.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
I watched the Minors play last weekend and I would say that they are far from a pretty good squad. I find it funny how they are sponsored by "First Touch" and yet none of them have one and the whole last name thing on the jersey is almost as bad as the numbers some of the Clones are sporting. The Canes shouldn't have a problem here but seeing what a horrible display the Canes back ups put on at the start of the year you never know.

Those numbers that the Clones are sporting coinside with their ages!

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes thrive in hostile environments and harassment...Just ask Poco, they lost 7-0 in front of a trash talkin sellout home crowd of theirs in Round 1. This game may be closer than we would like, but we will win. Looks like a couple of our injured starters will dress and start on the bench in case the game is close going into the 2nd half. We hope to not have to use them, but they will take one for the team and play injured if need be. My prediction is a 3-1 win for the Canes in this one.

Sheep said:
I think it will be closer than you think. The Minors are a pretty good squad and I will be there to cheer them on. The Hurricanes better bring their own fans as they will get no support from Maple Ridge and will probably get harrased all game long just like against the Knights last year when they came to town. I predict a big upset.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expect the same environment on Sunday. You may have a few friends in Langley but not in Poco or Maple Ridge.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We actually had more fans than poco united come out last friday and witness the debacle that occured.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:

i watched them play this weekend and i wouldnt be holding my breath over anyone on there team..not impressed at all with them im not sure why your worried...and sheep where do you gather your info from???i guess in your eyes they may be good but in someone that knows what soccer should look like then they are far from impressive...out

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't listen to anyone from GEU they think all their teams are pretty good. titans,tigers,minors all bottom feeders. If the 3 of them combined they would still be a mid pack team. Not to say that each team doesn't have a few good players but thats as far as it goes. Hurricanes 25-0 over the minors :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0