Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
Hey franchise, you buried your pk, so I guess you didn't look like a moron, but what does that say about the other three guys who put it right at me? Sure makes it easy for the keeper when he only has to to take one step in either direction. As for the throw-in goal, it was very nice, i tip my hat to you, but what did you mean about it being our play. We don't have any set plays for anything.

yep....FCKIN CRAP... as I said before, it was painful to watch

We are happy with the way we played. We missed a few chances.
If you only watched out first seven games...holy sh it...what a mess that was...we have played well the last eight games.

BN, man you are full of sh it, both teams played hard and you guys stepped up and made the shots. offsides? your backline plays across center, 1 out of 4 is not gonna get called the way you guys play....field?? who cares....its better than some fields out there...your in div 2 man, what do you expect

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We couldn't deprive FVSL of a showdown between the Canes and NDFC. I don't know that I would call us the favourites as we've shown the last couple of weeks that we are as beatable as anyone. We've got to find the fire and intensity we had for the Poco game each and every week. Sometimes with a young team, we lose our focus. This weekend will be a big test for us against Whalley United. We've played them twice since we formed our team with a 5-2 win in our first meeting, and a 6-0 win in our second meeting. My brother in law plays on that team and he tells me though they have picked up 2 impact players since then, and we have yet to face them. He said those 2 will be difference makers and they think they will win this Saturday. We respect their team and will be ready for this one. We will not be caught off guard so it should be a hell of a game. We hope to make a statement in this one.

bulljive said:
i got to say it would have been nice to see the huurricanes lose to a second to last div 3 team. i don't think they would have ever heard the end of it. On the other hand I am glad they won because I would like to have a shot at them. They definitly got to be favourites against anyone, because they are probably the best team in div 2. but wouldn't it have been nice to see those bastards lose.. :wa: :wa:

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only jack on here is you, again why dont you stay on your own vmsl thread?
As for franchise, redwoods and superstriker, i would like to thank all of you once again for showing so much love and support for the hurricanes and i will surely think of you guys when im holding up the cup.
Flash20 said:
08star's a goof.....he's prolly in grade 9 or somethin....u can tell by the way he talks...fcuken jack

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
The only jack on here is you, again why dont you stay on your own vmsl thread?
As for franchise, redwoods and superstriker, i would like to thank all of you once again for showing so much love and support for the hurricanes and i will surely think of you guys when im holding up the cup.

Hopefully you find some skill....cause the way I saw it on Sunday you lost it somewhere between the Mary Hill and the Pitt River Bridge.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to disappoint those looking fwd to a Hurricanes vs Whalley clash this Saturday. Apparently Whalley has complained to the league that 1 week is not enough notice for a Cup game. Looks like this game may be moved to a Tuesday night at Bear Creek. Not bad for us as we would definetly have all our injured bodies back by then, but by the same token, we were really looking forward to playing this Saturday. We'll find out by tomorrow whether the game has been moved...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurricane power I think for most teams it will be tough to get everybody out for saturday 2:15 games on such short notice. thats the only good thing about us playing so late on saturday(9pm) is that usually both teams can get their whole squad out. I know if we play your team in the semis we will have a tough time getting the team out for 2:15 because we have lots of our guys work day shift on saturday. I hope we get our turf if our game does happen in the semis otherwise we could be in a bit of a bind

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
BN, man you are full of sh it, both teams played hard and you guys stepped up and made the shots. offsides? your backline plays across center, 1 out of 4 is not gonna get called the way you guys play....field?? who cares....its better than some fields out there...your in div 2 man, what do you expect

Both teams played hard? Your team did, and members of ours did, some didn't (including myself). The offsides I was talking about were the ones called on us, you know, like where your player was 15 yards closer to your net and we got called. Just one example. And the field, yeah it is better than some as far as playability goes, doesn't change the fact it's a shite field. I wasn't going to talk about the field as I read somewhere that franchise wanted us to stop using it as an excuse. We have to play there again this weekend against GEU Titans and I luckily wont be able to make it. As far as our next cup game goes, it is by no means an easy one as we hadn't beaten rippers all year (a 0-0 tie and a forfeit by them) so we are not walking so lightly into this game. It will be a challenge to keep our focus and to get back on track.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah i know, as franchise pointed that out earlier, im just stating in comparison, bullets have beaten them, we havent. i would have used "havent" instead of "hadnt".

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in the same boat as we also have guys that work during the days on Saturdays, but we have the same problem on Sundays as few of our guys work weekend cleanup at the mill. If we play you guys in the semis, whether it be on our turf or yours, it would be nice to move the game to a primetime slot. Maybe a 6 or 7 pm kickoff on the turf. Our game against Whalley has indeed been moved to Tuesday night at 7:30 at Bear Creek Park...

bulljive said:
hurricane power I think for most teams it will be tough to get everybody out for saturday 2:15 games on such short notice. thats the only good thing about us playing so late on saturday(9pm) is that usually both teams can get their whole squad out. I know if we play your team in the semis we will have a tough time getting the team out for 2:15 because we have lots of our guys work day shift on saturday. I hope we get our turf if our game does happen in the semis otherwise we could be in a bit of a bind

B

Blahzay

I agree that a 6 or 7 pm kickoff on turf would be ideal, preferably on a Sat or Sun. I am pretty sure that it is your home game so it would be at Cloverdale over Mackie but either or, same deal. Not to get ahead of ourselves we each have 1 more game to win before the showdown and I'm sure a few NDFC fellas will take in your game versus Whalley.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skill? Im pretty sure you have no idea who i was out there because if you did you would know i have more skill than you could ever dream of.
The Franchise said:
Hopefully you find some skill....cause the way I saw it on Sunday you lost it somewhere between the Mary Hill and the Pitt River Bridge.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Skill? Im pretty sure you have no idea who i was out there because if you did you would know i have more skill than you could ever dream of.

Yeah it sure showed in the 98 minutes on the weekend....your twinkle toeing around was very impressive :rolleyes:

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we can get our turf at 6 pm on Saturdays and we would have no problem doing it at that time. This Tuesday is going to be a great test against Whalley. Switching the game to Tuesday helps and hurts us at the same time. We'll have a couple of defenders available that we wouldn't have had on Saturday, but we lose our 2nd leading scorer as he will be headin to Vegas on Monday. We are looking forward to playing this Whalley team. From what we are told, they have 2 really good players that everything is built on. 1 plays up front and 1 in the midfield, and apparently the forward is the leading scorer in 2C. This one could be a free whealing game and should be entertaining. Hopefully we can come out on top. Who do you guys play in your quarter final game?

Blahzay said:
I agree that a 6 or 7 pm kickoff on turf would be ideal, preferably on a Sat or Sun. I am pretty sure that it is your home game so it would be at Cloverdale over Mackie but either or, same deal. Not to get ahead of ourselves we each have 1 more game to win before the showdown and I'm sure a few NDFC fellas will take in your game versus Whalley.

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes vs Whalley is a good looking matchup on Tuesday night. I plan to take this one in myself. Should be no secrets between these two teams as I believe they know each other quite well. I expect it will be a high scoring game, but Whalley will open it up a little too much and the high scoring Hurricanes will capitalize to pull out a 4-2 win.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRegulator said:
Hurricanes vs Whalley is a good looking matchup on Tuesday night. I plan to take this one in myself. Should be no secrets between these two teams as I believe they know each other quite well. I expect it will be a high scoring game, but Whalley will open it up a little too much and the high scoring Hurricanes will capitalize to pull out a 4-2 win.

I am saying right now the game won't be close, Whalley isn't a strong team by any means. There defense is very slow and they play a solid game of punt the ball up the field and hope the mid's can flick it on with their heads to the forwards breaking though the middle. If 08 star has been practicing all week with his mates and decide to actually show up this week with some youngin's then this game should be a cake walk 5-1.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How are their forwards? Whack has been to a few of their games and he said each game he has been to, one of their forwards has scored a hat trick. We will be pretty close to full health for this game which is about all you can wish for. We have 2 guys tied for 2nd in scoring on our team and one will be in Vegas for sure. The other has a midterm Tues night that hopefully he can get out of. Other than that, everyone is a go for the game as our young'in also returns after having to sit the last Cup game with 3 yellows. We had our best week of practice since the week leading up to the Poco game with 2 good practices this week. We are ready to go and lookin forward to this game.

The Franchise said:
I am saying right now the game won't be close, Whalley isn't a strong team by any means. There defense is very slow and they play a solid game of punt the ball up the field and hope the mid's can flick it on with their heads to the forwards breaking though the middle. If 08 star has been practicing all week with his mates and decide to actually show up this week with some youngin's then this game should be a cake walk 5-1.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pilsner said:
How are their forwards? Whack has been to a few of their games and he said each game he has been to, one of their forwards has scored a hat trick. .

Well this forward must be new to the team because when we played them they were nothing special.

Take lots of shots there goalie is very weak and drops the ball lots. He is terrible up high also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0