Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah dopeashell is back on the injury reserve. he doesn't have the fibre glass cast on yet so his cast is too heavy to play right now. I don't know if he will come back.. its his wrist so if he wants to he could play in a few weeks with a cast but they are taking it off in a few days to re x-ray and reavaluate. i don't think he will come back within the last 2 years he has torn his groining, broke his ankle and now his wrist I think he is probably contenplating retirement at this point. Hopefully for us he does come back it would be nice but we came into the year thinking we wouldn't have him so we have plenty of depth in his position if he doesn't.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully things work out for Dopeashell. He is a good player. Man, that's a string of bad luck though.

bulljive said:
yah dopeashell is back on the injury reserve. he doesn't have the fibre glass cast on yet so his cast is too heavy to play right now. I don't know if he will come back.. its his wrist so if he wants to he could play in a few weeks with a cast but they are taking it off in a few days to re x-ray and reavaluate. i don't think he will come back within the last 2 years he has torn his groining, broke his ankle and now his wrist I think he is probably contenplating retirement at this point. Hopefully for us he does come back it would be nice but we came into the year thinking we wouldn't have him so we have plenty of depth in his position if he doesn't.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hades lost in a shoot out 3-1, game ended 2-2.

Hades had only 13 players and talking to a few guys I know on the team they could have used a few of them.

P.S. With the score 2-1 in the shootout and the Hades needing to score the Aldergrove keeper came up with a sick save on a ball that was heading under the crossbar and very close to the top corner.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove looks like they could make a run at the cup. looking at their record it seems they are pretty tuff to beat, lots of close games. anyone from 2b whats the story on them? If whalley lose on tuesday does that mean everybody from 2c is out of the cup?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
If whalley lose on tuesday does that mean everybody from 2c is out of the cup?

Not quite, as we play Arsenal next weekend, so if Whalley loses on Tuesday then it will not be until next Sunday afternoon that all of 2C are out of the Cup.
:wa: :D

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had that much faith in your team shaven that I didn't even bother mentioning it. you guys got craigy reynolds on your team and he is used to winning after playing on NDFC so I figure he might get white rock the win.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I had that much faith in your team shaven that I didn't even bother mentioning it. you guys got craigy reynolds

Much thanks for the vote of confidence, and yes, the presence of Reynolds is a huge factor for us at the back as he has provided great skill and toughness at his position. Suppose his NDFC days may have helped him a bit, but of course he didn't really round into form until he joined the shaven one on the backline.
;) In all seriousness though, Reynolds is a great player for us, can't understand NDFC let him walk...suppose there's reasons for everything, but I'm glad to have him on my outside.

~Shaven

B

Blahzay

shaven said:
Reynolds is a great player for us, can't understand NDFC let him walk...suppose there's reasons for everything, but I'm glad to have him on my outside.
One reason may be because NDFC has only 8 GA in 16 games this year which is quite impressive considering dopeashell hasn't really played all year and 2 other defenders moved out of the province to work, our CB Neil Aven could make a strong case for league MVP if there was such a thing. Though I've never been teammates with Reynolds i'm sure he's a solid player since he's been a part of the NDFC club and I'm sure WRU will meet the ND Titans in the semi finals, good luck.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
One reason may be because NDFC has only 8 GA in 16 games this year which is quite impressive considering dopeashell hasn't really played all year and 2 other defenders moved out of the province to work, our CB Neil Aven could make a strong case for league MVP if there was such a thing. Though I've never been teammates with Reynolds i'm sure he's a solid player since he's been a part of the NDFC club and I'm sure WRU will meet the ND Titans in the semi finals, good luck.

8 ga in 16 games.... How many of those were forfeits ?? I think you've mentioned a few right?? so wouldn't it be more like 8 ga in 13 games (which is still good, not to take anything away from your D)

B

Blahzay

yeah but the way I see it, a forfeit means a team was too scared to play us since I can't come up with any other logical reason, but you're right 3 were forfeits.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove is a tough team to play against. They have good team speed, run all day, and play the long ball to perfection. They have 1 big forward with a shaven head, that gave us fits both times we played them. They pump the ball up to him all game long and count on him to muscle defenders off the ball to create chances. He is also fairly quick. The 2nd time we played them, we matched Whack up against him and Whack contained him, but it was a battle all game long. The key to beating them is make them use someone other than their #1 guy and watch out for the long balls on the counter attack. They are a team that is capable of beating anyone on a given day if you bring less than your best.

bulljive said:
aldergrove looks like they could make a run at the cup. looking at their record it seems they are pretty tuff to beat, lots of close games. anyone from 2b whats the story on them? If whalley lose on tuesday does that mean everybody from 2c is out of the cup?

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone have any idea the scheduling of cup games for this weekend because there is a rumour that the titans vs. surry matchup will not be played this weekend and if that is true, why the hell not?

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, they fcuked up the cup sked by not playing wru-coq this last weekend and are doing this upcoming week. it fcuks us as we now dont have a game this weekend as well as the guys on the team who took the day off as it is suppose to be a 12:15pm sat kickoff. fvsl, get your shite together.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is getting a bit silly. They should have played the WRU game last weekend and I don't see why they didn't. you leave one game behind schedule and then postponed everybody for a week. anyway, should be a good tilt between the hurricanes and whalley tuesday, i know quite a few of my teamates and I will be their for this one.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

The Aldergrove team that started the year isn't the same team they have now. Bunch of new faces, they have been much better since the break.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It is getting a bit silly. They should have played the WRU game last weekend and I don't see why they didn't. you leave one game behind schedule and then postponed everybody for a week.

We couldn't agree more...in fact I asked that very question of my coach and manager, and what they relayed to us from the league is that the league 'forgot' to schedule our match against Arsenal, it was an 'oversight' if you will.

How in the hell do you 'mistakenly overlook' a third round Cup match when you've only got 8 matches in the third round, and take pains to ensure that the other 7 get played??? I know its Div 2, and obviously not a huge priority for the league, but really now, totally rediculous.

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
The Aldergrove team that started the year isn't the same team they have now. Bunch of new faces, they have been much better since the break.

That's a similar scenario to the Alder 2A team...added a few new faces over the break, and are a bit of a better team, somewhat, than they were. Seems it was a club-wide movement to shake up their squads. :rolleyes:

~Shaven

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See what they say when all teams in Div 2 "forget" to pay their league fees next year or the "oversight" when you all don't pay the ref after your games one weekend...

:D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Aldergrove is a tough team to play against. They have good team speed, run all day, and play the long ball to perfection. They have 1 big forward with a shaven head, that gave us fits both times we played them. They pump the ball up to him all game long and count on him to muscle defenders off the ball to create chances. He is also fairly quick. The 2nd time we played them, we matched Whack up against him and Whack contained him, but it was a battle all game long. The key to beating them is make them use someone other than their #1 guy and watch out for the long balls on the counter attack. They are a team that is capable of beating anyone on a given day if you bring less than your best.

My advice is test their keeper from anywhere. He looked really weak, if that is their normal keeper, and before the shoot out they put a tall guy that played up front for them in net for him. If Eagleridge had a full team I feel they would have won. Aldergrove is a fast team but you can move the ball against them if you are a skilled team. If you play kick and run it works in their favour unless your team is fast as well. I can't see them winning the cup after I saw the Hurricanes against Poco but you never know what can happen.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were talking to some of the guys off Whalley United on Saturday and they are ready for this one. They feel very confident as they say they know what our weaknesses are and they intend to exploit them. This has us intrigued as we love a challenge. Whalley wants to be known as the team that finally beats the Hurricanes in a big game. I love your confidence fellas, but sorry, it AIN'T gonna happen! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0