Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A confident Whalley team vs a Hurricanes team that is unbeaten in 11 games with 10 wins and 1 tie has the makings of a good one tonite. The beers are going to taste extra smooth if this turns out to be a good game. Whalley will have to play their best game of the season as the Hurricanes are probably pretty pissed off about their showing in their last Cup game. I can't forsee a subpar performance from them tonite.

For those who were asking, the game is at 7:30 tonite at Bear Creek. It's been updated on the FVSL schedule.

Pilsner said:
We were talking to some of the guys off Whalley United on Saturday and they are ready for this one. They feel very confident as they say they know what our weaknesses are and they intend to exploit them. This has us intrigued as we love a challenge. Whalley wants to be known as the team that finally beats the Hurricanes in a big game. I love your confidence fellas, but sorry, it AIN'T gonna happen! :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since there is only one Cup game this weekend :rolleyes:, I expect a good spectator showing for the WRU-Coq. Arsenal match on Sunday, 12:00 at S.S. Athletic #1. If there's an interest, I would venture that I'd expect to see the ND lads out to take this one in, particularly a Titans contingent...bulljive, Blahz, lil'keeper, Bluenose, hoodrat, et all. What about it boys, coming out for a watch to support your 2A bretheren? The support would be appreciated, pointing towards a potential all-2A Semifinal match which I know appeals to all of us. :D

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Since there is only one Cup game this weekend :rolleyes:, I expect a good spectator showing for the WRU-Coq. Arsenal match on Sunday, 12:00 at S.S. Athletic #1. If there's an interest, I would venture that I'd expect to see the ND lads out to take this one in, particularly a Titans contingent...bulljive, Blahz, lil'keeper, Bluenose, hoodrat, et all. What about it boys, coming out for a watch to support your 2A bretheren? The support would be appreciated, pointing towards a potential all-2A Semifinal match which I know appeals to all of us. :D

~Shaven

Can you promise there will be some goals :confused: ......Both of you guys can't score so I'm predicting 0-0 with shoot-outs going into the late evening :D

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for a close game out at bear creek tonight. We will be missing two of our top 3 goal scorers, however our lineup tonite will look much better than the one that played against geu last week. So i predict a 4-1 win for the hurricanes tonight.

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the pubic hair on your head wound a little tight, how is 4-1, a prediction fora close game??? (sorry, but had to go with the flow and couldn't resist the pubic hair joke). I don't want excuses from you guys, just a good game. You guys are easily 14 or 15 deep in guys capable of starting so missing 2 guys shouldn't affect you. I expect to see a good Hurricanes game tonite!

whack said:
Look for a close game out at bear creek tonight. We will be missing two of our top 3 goal scorers, however our lineup tonite will look much better than the one that played against geu last week. So i predict a 4-1 win for the hurricanes tonight.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be #9 this game most likely, however if not i'll be the stopper with the semi fro going, still tryin to grow it out.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Can you promise there will be some goals

If you're coming out Franchise, I promise there will be goals scored that aren't in a shoot-out...I don't think this match will go to a shoot-out, and will be decided by full time. JMO, have a feeling.

~Shaven

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurricanes 3 whalley 1. They played a great game, and pushed us to the end. I cant say too much more, especially after a mediocre performance by myself. Full credit to these guys as they had a great squad.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurricanes deserved the win but whalley does have a solid team. whalley pushed really hard in the first half but seemed to run out of gas. The hurricanes looked very beatable tonight, but as usual won the big game. I thought the canes defense was alittle bit shakey at points and whalley found some daylight on occasion but couldn't finish. The canes forwards also didn't prove much of a threat but the midfield will score if you give them space.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
hurricanes deserved the win but whalley does have a solid team. whalley pushed really hard in the first half but seemed to run out of gas. The hurricanes looked very beatable tonight, but as usual won the big game. I thought the canes defense was alittle bit shakey at points and whalley found some daylight on occasion but couldn't finish. The canes forwards also didn't prove much of a threat but the midfield will score if you give them space.

I would pretty much agree with bulljive on the game after taking it in myself. I thought the Hurricanes carried the play most of the game and Whalley even though they worked hard put alot of balls through to nobody which hurt most of the hard work. If not for #10 last night(CJ I think) the young kid... the Hurricanes would be hard pressed to win on any Sunday. That kid can play and everything runs through him. A little less attitude on the pitch and he will dominate in years to come. But a solid win for Surrey.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
got to agree mostly w/ jive and red. great game last night!!! whalley started to show their tired legs about 25mins into the match and unfortunately didn't get their second wind until there was only 15mins left. i think with some better execution whalley would have taken this one, but like jive said, the canes have a nack for winning these big games. dfc seemed to want whalley to win and even took time away from their subway party on the sidelines(i knew you guys couldn't go a full 90 without some eats!!! ;) ) to start cheering late in the match when whalley was pressing :D . can't wait for the canes/rovers match. i predict a 4-2 victory for the canes with dewdney taking at least 4 yellows for late takles. should go a lot like last nights game, but dfc has way more finish with way less defence. i'll bring the party sub. will a six footer do the dew??????????????? :wa:

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a great effort by both teams last night, whalley really pushed us at the beginning. The goal i scored was probably the first goal ive ever scored on a shot outside the 18 :D Im sure we did look beatable but thats only becuase the two guys we were missing are such a big part of our game, a lot of stuff flows through them and also sim didnt play much due to injury. But anyways it was a really fun game to be in because it was so close.

Sheep your an idiot! How you think you have even a remote chance of even competing with us is beyond me. Its a late saturday night game and we're going to wanna party so we'll probably be up by at least 2 in the first half and win by 5 all together.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
I would pretty much agree with bulljive on the game after taking it in myself. I thought the Hurricanes carried the play most of the game and Whalley even though they worked hard put alot of balls through to nobody which hurt most of the hard work. If not for #10 last night(CJ I think) the young kid... the Hurricanes would be hard pressed to win on any Sunday. That kid can play and everything runs through him. A little less attitude on the pitch and he will dominate in years to come. But a solid win for Surrey.

its been said here already it was a pretty exciting game last night whalley came out running hard and poped in the first one about 15 min in..hurricanes golie made a huge save in the first 7min of game to keep whalley off the score sheet...hurricanes just played a lot better than whalley did after that first goal..yea his names cj and he is a hell of a player very tricky and for a kid only 17 goes in pretty hard..he had a fu*king cracker of a shot late in the game....everything went through him and surp last night both young and good..the game went back and forth up and down espically in the last 20min....well done for surrey though was glad they pulled it out now its on to dewdny for them in little under a fort night....i thought that the hurricanse d was a times a bit shakey more so in the middle then on the sides...but hey wins a win and surrey usually do find the way to win which proves that they are a very good team....good luck next week hurricanes im pulling for ya..........

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full credit to Whalley yesterday. It was an entertaining game and they have really improved from the team we played a couple of times in the past. They deserve to be considered among the best teams in Div 2. Bulljive, we did struggle up front but Sim got hurt early in the 1st half and we were without Aman and Lucky who are tied for 2nd on our team in scoring. It's not an excuse, but just an explanation as to why we didn't look so good up front last night. On defense, we were shaky as we had some subpar performances from guys. That will have to improve as we go on. Once again, full credit to Whalley, we are glad to have pulled this one out and moved on.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
got to agree mostly w/ jive and red. great game last night!!! whalley started to show their tired legs about 25mins into the match and unfortunately didn't get their second wind until there was only 15mins left. i think with some better execution whalley would have taken this one, but like jive said, the canes have a nack for winning these big games. dfc seemed to want whalley to win and even took time away from their subway party on the sidelines(i knew you guys couldn't go a full 90 without some eats!!! ;) ) to start cheering late in the match when whalley was pressing :D . can't wait for the canes/rovers match. i predict a 4-2 victory for the canes with dewdney taking at least 4 yellows for late takles. should go a lot like last nights game, but dfc has way more finish with way less defence. i'll bring the party sub. will a six footer do the dew??????????????? :wa:
I will have to shout for jacks army with a win !!maybe 2-0 late goals from the slater kid up front!!If there arnt any late goals then there will be lots of late tackles ...GOAL rovers GOAL
:D

ps : FCUK THE COKEcanes

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
I will have to shout for jacks army with a win !!maybe 2-0 late goals from the slater kid up front!!If there arnt any late goals then there will be lots of late tackles ...GOAL rovers GOAL
:D

ps : FCUK THE COKEcanes

Three cheers for sid the skid...man that cokecanes must have sounded funny only in your simple head :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0