Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2005 Presidents Cup Banter

What will the final score be in the President's Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC Rovers have caught a good break for our Cup game on Saturday. A few of our guys just got invited to try out for the BC team at the Canada Summer Games. The tryouts are on Saturday, so they will have to miss the Cup game. Hopefully they can make the team though as that would mean the Hurricanes would be well represented at the Canada Summer Games. :D We will still get the job done, but it may be an interesting game...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
midman said:
NDFC goes on to win provincials because the Knights should have won it last year.....
(The Franchise)

NDFC will not go on the win the provincials because they are too skilled. If the provincials are played on the same feilds as last year a bunch of monkeys could win it. Last year Campbell River won the provincials and we spanked them on the UVIC turf in the round robin. The other feilds are crap and the holes in the ground dictate the result.[/QUOTE]

Hey DB its in the interior this year not the island.....are you guys going to penticton

TheRegulator

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will piss on whoever I damn well please. Normally I don't like to piss on the weak but since you SUFC boyz like to go thread to thread running your mouths I will make an exception. Let us just start with a recap: 2 years ago in Div 2 you guys finished 5th coming no where close to promotion. You then went ahead and bought a spot in FVSL Premier. Last year you guys finished 2nd from last with 11 points or so and narrowly missed relegation. This year your Premier team is tied for last place with a record of 2 wins 13 losses and 2 ties. Looks like relegation is in the cards for you. Your Div 1 Cat team currently has a record of 1 win 13 losses and 1 tie so at least you are maintiaining consistency with your Premier team. Your U-21 team is in a respectable 3rd place but how many of those players on that team are on loan from GN? The only ones with a foot in their mouth is the FVSL for giving you guys a Premier spot. They look like fools for that. Like I said I don't like to slag teams when they are down, especially since my most recent Club is also struggling this year in VMSL, but fcuk are you guys ever annoying. Well that's it for me for a week or so as I am off for some fun in the sun in the Dominican. You'll have to find someone else's mouth to try to put your twat in in the meantime.

Big T said:
Regulator - did you just say that ??!! Are you that stupid or do you really want to open a can of worms ?? The way I see it, if you want to slag our club and open your twat, then I suggest you let me know so I can stick my boot in it. I'm ready when you are, but talk it over with your boys first.

Big T :mad:
:p :p :D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey little Boy go back and read some of the old threads to see what the facts are, your pissant take on events seems to blinded by smoking too much cheap crack. We have a couple of young kids come on here this week (a little new ttp) to post on u-21 and you think thats running our mouths. So they got a little carried away, but guess who told them to ease up, yeah me ....... so why don't you pull out a post before this week where you saw SUFC guys running their mouths ???

I thought you played for the hurricanes but I guess you don't. Stating that "my most recent Club is also struggling this year in VMSL" means a) you were with them at sometime in the past and they gave you shorts and b) they left you on the curb the last road trip.......seriously are you one of those bench warming suitcase carrying soccer sluts, that comes on here and can't tell us who your club is and then tries to leach on to another club ( ie hurricanes) to sell yourself as a soccer somebody......Good luck with that !!! That post that I made was based on the assumption that you played with the Hurricanes and you had a beef with SUFC. You won't see any SUFC guys slagging Hurricanes on here and we respect the fact that they wanted to leave and had greater ambitions. Good for them.

Here is some facts for you:

Fact - finished 3rd in 2002-2003 Div 2 (2 points behind both PM Fury and Hotspurs) If we hadn't had two disallowed goals in our last game we would have been first. Not close to promotion was probably a pipe dream of yours.

Fact - Never paid one cent to FVSL for a Premier spot. We were asked to make an application and we did. Based on certain criteria we were awarded a spot. Was it good decision on our part, at that time yes, in hindsight maybe not. At least we had the balls and backing to give it shot.

Fact - players on loan ? No players on loan, they play where they want to play......If they were on loan they would have transferred back to GN. Every player made the choice to play for us, nobody has a gun to their heads.

Yeah it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we struggled this year. Thats what happens when you got to play quality teams week in and week out, there is no easy game, unlike the lower divisions. Until we get demoted we are in Premier, it didn't happen last year because the Div 1 team could not compete. We'll have to wait and see what happens this year. Until then bitch, moan, complain, have your period, stick a finger in your arse, piss in your pants and run to mommy .....I don't really give a crap.....we are here and you are not. Live with it.

on topic : NDFC and hurricanes will win easily. I think the titans will win in pk's.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regulator, you sound bored as you seem to slag everyone, but have yet to say what team you were or are with. It's like Big T said though, the Hurricanes and SUFC parted ways on great terms. We had our goals and they have theirs. They didn't mesh and we went our seperate ways.

On topic though, the Hurricanes game will be a good one. Like I said a few guys got asked to try out for the Canada games team and a couple of guys are banged up, and will play limited minutes with a league game coming up Tuesday. We'll have to find a way to pull this one out in Hurricanian fashion although hopefully we won't cut it as close as we did in the Minors game. Good luck to everyone in the quarterfinals and hopefully there will be some entertaining games...

Big T said:
. You won't see any SUFC guys slagging Hurricanes on here and we respect the fact that they wanted to leave and had greater ambitions. Good for them.

Keeper #1

Dec 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will be taking in the Hurricanes game and predict them to win 3-0. NDFC 1-0 over the stars. Great semi-final next Sunday. 2-0 Hurricanes over NDFC in the semi's.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I imagine you will be taking in the game being that you are most likely their keeper :D WE will be missing some key starters against the hurricanes if we both make the semis but their is no way the hurricanes are keeping us off the score sheet. NDFC to beat the stars 4-1

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who got the red card for the hurricanes? and just to let you know if you didn't, he can play the tuesday game even if you sit him it doesn't count as a game if he got 2 games or whatever. You have to sit one and then you can play until you have had the discipline hearing which I am sure you know are wednesdays.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its too bad we lost to the Rippers. If we had won that game we would have gone all the way to the finals.

Whoever wins next weeks NDFC/Canes game might as well be given the trophy that day.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
On topic though, the Hurricanes game will be a good one. Like I said a few guys got asked to try out for the Canada games team and a couple of guys are banged up, and will play limited minutes with a league game coming up Tuesday. We'll have to find a way to pull this one out in Hurricanian fashion although hopefully we won't cut it as close as we did in the Minors game. Good luck to everyone in the quarterfinals and hopefully there will be some entertaining games...

Ya Im sure they were asked, as you guys are so popular and well know accross Canada. Im surprised they didnt ask your whole team to go. See you next year in div 2. No points for you.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Its too bad we lost to the Rippers. If we had won that game we would have gone all the way to the finals.

Whoever wins next weeks NDFC/Canes game might as well be given the trophy that day.

Agreed.... well agreed on the second part anyway. I have to give the edge to the titans making the final but that depends which team decides to show up at the field. The question is if they made the final would they have 11 guys who cared enough to show up. A delta vs delta final would be classic unfortunaly for them is it will be the same result everytime.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
A delta vs delta final would be classic unfortunaly for them is it will be the same result everytime.

don't be offended by us everyone, .....as you can see we don'y even like eachother ;) .

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Good lord Titians are not a top two team

You know, I will be the first to admit that you are absolutley right. If our team is the semis and the NDFC/Hurricane semi is being played right beside us, I might accidently let a couple in, too busy watching what should be the final. Oh well, luck of the draw I guess. Hoping for a good game tongihgt against te bullets. It will be nice to be on the old turf again. Home sweet home (hopefully) and maybe a win in regulation, but that just doesn't sound like our style

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are indeed that popular, and it's the BC team for the Canada Games you moron. Besides check your facts before speaking. First of all, we haven't been denied the 3 points. There was no disciplinary hearing scheduled this week, so coaches for both teams are required to be at the hearing next week when they will decide what comes out of that game. Second of all, even in a worst case scenario, if we are denied the 3 points, we still control our own destiny into Div 1. If we don't get the 3 points, but win our last 2 league games, we will finished tied with Poco if they win their last game. That would then mean a 2 game total goal series for us against Poco for the Division. Judging by the 10-0 we've outscored them in our last 2 meetings, we would like our chances.

Anyways...onto to today's Cup Game. Final score was Hurricanes 3 DFC Rovers 0. It was a good game and the Rovers played well. They are better than at least half the teams in our Div 2, and full credit to them for the game they played today. They pushed us, but the difference was we were able to bury our chances. We played a solid 90 mins today which was good to see going into the likely showdown against NDFC next weekend...

Sheep said:
Ya Im sure they were asked, as you guys are so popular and well know accross Canada. Im surprised they didnt ask your whole team to go. See you next year in div 2. No points for you.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey deserved the win today. They did finish their chances well and we did not. They had the majority of the possession and deserved the victory. It was a well fought clean match. Best of luck.

I don't post very much but I have a few more comments and thus the edit. The referee, Martin was fantastic today. Let minor offences go and let us play but knew when to blow his whistle.

The one question I have is why in god's name on a beautiful sunny day with three or four great grass pitches around do we play on artificial turf. The game is not the same. Injury rate is 30 - 35% higher on turf. So why do we play on turf at this time of year. Sure in the winter to get games in or to practice on is great but to play on now is assinine. The Scottish Premier League is banning turf and I think the FVSL league should do the same. This is my opinion and playing on turf had no impact on today's outcome, however, it would have been a nicer game to watch had it been played on real grass. I suggest a ban on these million dollar turf pitches. Put the money into youth soccer player development instead and maybe Canada will make a reappearance at the World Cup one day and actually score a goal.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally I love playing on turf, nobody can complain about the field because it always has a pure roll. Although i would have to admit a really nice grass field beats a turf field any day. I can't say I have played on too many good grass fields (delta doesn't have one, J.O is the shits in my opinion). Maple ridge has a decent one but they close it at any sign of rain. On a sunny day however I have to agree its all about grass if their is a nice one available. Turf is a little harder on the legs but once you practice on one and get used to the bounces and the speed i think they are great. For us it is either turf or sands and I will take turf anyday Sands gives shite teams a chance to win. Its a tinny a little sandbox that give weird bounces and helps a team who plays kick and run

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Personally I love playing on turf, nobody can complain about the field because it always has a pure roll. Although i would have to admit a really nice grass field beats a turf field any day. I can't say I have played on too many good grass fields (delta doesn't have one, J.O is the shits in my opinion). Maple ridge has a decent one but they close it at any sign of rain. On a sunny day however I have to agree its all about grass if their is a nice one available. Turf is a little harder on the legs but once you practice on one and get used to the bounces and the speed i think they are great. For us it is either turf or sands and I will take turf anyday Sands gives shite teams a chance to win. Its a tinny a little sandbox that give weird bounces and helps a team who plays kick and run

Do you notice that European Teams only play on grass....soccer was made to be played on grass....turf gives shite teams the kick and run game that is the reason the Titans are where they are today.....sorry little keeper but its true ;)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you look at the origins of the game, the game is not meant to be played on turf period. It is not the same game. If you want to play on turf call it turfball instead of soccer. Different league, different game.

JTL

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
If you look at the origins of the game, the game is not meant to be played on turf period. It is not the same game. If you want to play on turf call it turfball instead of soccer. Different league, different game.

JTL

Well said......that sums it up!!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to Law #1 under the laws of the game on FIFA it says and I quote, "Matches may be played on natural or artificial surfaces, according to the rules of the competition."

So since your league allows turf quit whining and play the f'n game. You all sound like a bunch of biatches. The only difference I find is that the game moves faster on turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0