Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Yoda on this one... Whalley play a very similar style to that of GEU, but they don't have a big dirty keeper waiting to break someone's leg!!! :rolleyes:

stir stir stir, Guinness

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do i get the feeling that if the game is out of reach for Whalley, that we should pull our keeper?

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, I thought the Rangers had a great outing. Langley definitely didn't look like the #1 Premier team today though. Congrats Rangers.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 - 1 Delta

A hard-fought and entertaining win for PAU today. Congratulations on the win and best of luck in the next round.

Also... well done to the Rangers... obviously fired up to take back their baby.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley / Rangers:
This should be interesting. The Rangers have a deep history in the Pak that can't be ignored. Can the 1/2 of the team (old Rangers) pass on the fine tradition to the new Rangers (various guys with various sized suitcases)? The Rangers do have some dangerous players on the line-up sheet: Halvorsen, Fil, and Jackson come to mind. The Gers will also have a unique home field advantage surrounding them with a bunch of the old boys and their buddies. Hide the soap dishes, Hos is on the loose.

The challenge will be for Langley to keep focus amongst the circus and the hecklers. Defending champs and current league champs carries a big target, but if anything Langley has shown this year that playing under pressure is their strength.

No prediction.

Fil Zaurinni with the tally at about 35 in. Loose ball, top of the 18, back of the net. Terrible field, terrible play all around, good win Rangers. Enjoy, and good luck!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, agree with Dude. Rangers did everything you would expect them to do to give themselves a chance. There could be justification for a touch of moaning about the field and such, but that is the beauty of the Cup and the luck of the draw. Home field is big, especially in the day and age of grass versus turf. Well done and good luck. Classy bunch.
Now on to getting healthy. We are the PAU of mid season at the moment.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Yes, agree with Dude. Rangers did everything you would expect them to do to give themselves a chance. There could be justification for a touch of moaning about the field and such, but that is the beauty of the Cup and the luck of the draw. Home field is big, especially in the day and age of grass versus turf. Well done and good luck. Classy bunch.
Now on to getting healthy. We are the PAU of mid season at the moment.
I sat out the last 2 weeks so I would have a month to prepare for the mighty Lfc and they go and loose ? Please someone tell me this is a joke..c'mon now this aint funny. LfC2 what happened ? what system did they use? Man I will have to change my training routine for the week. I will try not to break anything at Big White. ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The moaning was pretty funny though.
The moan about the game ball was classic.

Nonetheless,
I thought we did well to take away the middle of the park. Really, Langley didnt generate much. Stepchild cleaned up in there. Obviously, it wasnt their greatest game, and we know it. But we'll take it.
We started with a 4-4-2, but switched ten minutes in to a 3-4-3, and it really fcuked them up.
With the three forwards, they couldnt play outta the back....and they never did adjust to it.

The goal was a bit of a scramble, but the ball just sort of appeared on my foot. Ten yards out, and a free shot on goal...buried in the corner.
Happy Birthday to me. :D

The final twenty was mostly Langley coming at us....and although our defence was bending, they never broke.

Great coaching but the Ranger staff.

And its onto PoCo.

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Rangers,
You definately wanted in more today. Although disappoined, it is kind of a blessing in disguise. With five starters out due to injury, and the Fenian playing on a back ready to give, the break will be good for the club. That said, the difference was that the Rangers went harder into loose balls and came up with the majority of them. Quick question...Who the fcuk was that ref. He was an absolute disgrace for both teams. If that's all we got in the valley, then we are fcuked. I think its time the FVSL did some recruiting to get some new refs. I would rather have Dave Woodward, baby blues pants and all, do the game than that twat.
theFenian
P.S.
Mackers, you are a whining cnut

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classy as ever LFC2.
You are spot on when you mention the field and the home court advantage.
That field was perfect for the boys as they held Langley to a good old fashion muck it out style.
On the turf could have very easily been a different story.That being said, it wasn't.
Congrats to a very well coached and classy team.
LFC2, you have taken Langley from being a bottom feeder team into a well respected good footballing team.
Well done Mike, you deserve some kudos big man.

As for the Rangers, well let's just say never under estimate the under dog.
I love the fact that every time we get counted out, the boys take it to a new level.

Happy B day Zaurrini, you were and always will be the MAN!

Thank you for coming on board. Really!

Well done PAU. Keep it going boys.(except Aves who cheers for S U. ;) )

Gotta love this game boys.

The party going on at Newton tonight was magic.

I loved hanging out with Jinky, Parkhead, Bucky, Silver Fox , R F , Dude , Demo and so on.

The ttp boys were in fine form today, ;)

Oh yeah, God Bless The Mighty Mighty Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go Rangers!!!! Let's go Rangers !!!!! Let's go Rangers!!!!!!!!!

Nice weekend in Rangerville boys. :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, the ball. I know it was a bit of a moan but when you have 3-4 guys yelling at you it is your job to do something, no? And for the ref to look at me and say it is fine, bull shite. There is no way Martin or Kevin or others would have let us kick off with that. Sir, if you want respect from the community, give the community a bit of respect and get down off your high horse for 5 minutes. Give me a flipping break boys, that thing was a ball I sell to kids who are not quite ready to head a ball yet. Retail $20, and if you say you know me, I will give you a break. And BM, figure out if your friend or foe, but don't ride the fence. You came off looking like a bigger idiot than I did over the ball.

The ball(SFC Issue), the ref-agree 100% with Fenian-(FVSL issue), the field(which as I said I have some respect for because that is home field advantage), but if we ever want to put the Pak up next to the Imperial and sell it as a similar pece of prestigious hardware, then that stuff has to be better. I bitch because I want it better, and only because I think it can be so much better. I guarantee, other than the beer garden, that the Pak Semi's will get all the respect they deserve next weekend out at MAP.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few pints in, and ready to make our way our to the Roxy I think, to celebrate the big win for our side today. I thought we came to play today, which is something we were not able to say for a lot of our results this season. Great stuff today boys!

Congrats to the Rangers. I predicted an easy Langley win, and was made to look the fool once again apparently. I should have know that the words "Pakenham Cup", and "The Rangers" go hand in hand.

TheFenian said:
With five starters out due to injury, and the Fenian playing on a back ready to give, ...Who the fcuk was that ref. He was an absolute disgrace for both teams. If that's all we got in the valley, then we are fcuked. P.S.
Mackers, you are a whining cnut

So Fenian, you've managed three quality excuses for your loss today. Which of the three (your back, the ref, or the field) do think had the most impact on your 'bed shitting' today?? :D

~Skip

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
There could be justification for a touch of moaning about the field and such, but that is the beauty of the Cup and the luck of the draw. Home field is big, especially in the day and age of grass versus turf. .
Well LFC2, you got the sun. We actually wanted rain. LOTS of rain.....then the grass, we were out there last night with our backhoes digging holes everywhere. I love home field advantage! :wa: We would have been stupid to play you on turf, we knew it and that is that. As for the ball, hehehehe.........that's our game gravel ball :D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Ok, the ball. for the ref to look at me and say it is fine, bull shite. There is no way Martin or Kevin or others would have let us kick off with that. that thing was a ball I sell to kids who are not quite ready to head a ball yet. Retail $20, and if you say you know me, I will give you a break. The ball(SFC Issue), the ref-agree 100% with Fenian-(FVSL issue), the field(which as I said I have some respect for because that is home field advantage), .

Is it just me, or didn't the Rangers play on the same field with the same ball and the same refs. At this time of year every team has injuries, knocks bangs. Just put your hand up and say you got beat. Maybe your just not as good as you think, and the bubble has finally burst :eek: You guys have snuck out at least three or four results this year in injury time, or in the last few minutes, a couple of lucky bounces, or a few good calls. So deal with it!!!!!
Roxy anyone :D
The unsilent majority strikes again :D

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip and Cainy,
Piss take aside. No excuses. Read the posts jackasses and you will see that both LFC and myself noted that the Rangers were the better team today. Ironic that the lost could fcuk you guys up eh? If you don't do the business in the semis, your done... Well, the lost is looking better now. :eek:
Now, going back to my g and t.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ball, field, etc. aside - Great fcuking game!

LFC2, good to chat with you after and what Coach said is true.
He and I said it before the game to each other, we say it after.
You and your guys have done an amazing job in Langley.
To knock off an undefeated premeir team, the defending Cup champs, was a deam come true for our guys yesterday.
But the way, you lot conducted youreselves after with the utmost of class.
Good to have a dog and a pint with the Langley lads.
Utah, RJ, MemyselfandI, Gus, etc. - Can't say enough about the respect I have for you.
To have a good laugh with you after makes me want to suggest to a certain person that runs this site to have a chat with you and figure out that it's just a fcuking game rather than sit back in the changeroom and suck your fcuking thumb.

Zaurinni:
Well done man.
On the geegers I mean. :D
I must say that hug after your goal was gold.
When a guy asks me where I'm going to be standing with a wink before the match and delivers, that is 24K baby.

:knvb:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enuff Fenian, and your right we have to win next weekend or we are done. I can guarantee one thing about next weeks match, if we loose, i won't be coming on hear bangin off about the field, ball,refs, and my bad ankles, and knees. Studs up has broken his leg and had a hernia operation this season, and is back playing, Coops has had six knee operations and his knee baloons after every game and practise. the list goes on and on with every team.The ****tail of drugs lads are taking to play is quite staggering.

i agree with what Rangerforever said about your team and club. The turnaround has be brilliant. from Christmas on last year, you guys have been outstanding, winning the cup, and this year being undefeated, winning the league. congradulations

My point simply is you guys have proven yourselves, and don't need to make excuses. On any given Sunday anybody can beat anybody.

We are looking forward to next week, and are sure that LFC will put on a class show. i'll get my missus to heat up the hot water bottle and bring a donut cushion for your chair for your back,so you'll be able to be comfortable while watching the semis :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
cainy said:
if we loose, i won't be coming on hear bangin off about the field, ball,refs, and my bad ankles, and knees. :D

Cainy, you read too far into the moan. Three guys have posted, three called a spade a spade. Arms up, fully accepting. The ref was noted, for BOTH sides. The ball, well a chuckler in the end I guess. Seeing we are hosting next weekend means we will be supplying the game balls. I will see what I can dig up for your kick off! If you do lose next weekend, I do not expect to read your excuses, but there will be members of the nation that will post and entertain the masses.

Controversy breeds discussion, discussion brings ideas, ideas bring change. I remember you guys having a moan about a certain alleged referee earlier on. I will admit I love to see you guys lose, but that is not because I don't respect you guys, you are just a fun rival to dislike for 90 minutes. But I don't want to see anybody have points lost or gained because of sub standard refereeing. You, us or the next guy. The only saving grace yesterday is that it went both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0