Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
Got some clarification on the "so-called" rules and we were told that is in fact not a weekend suspension but a WEEK!!!

Thats what i meant. Since most games are not Monday to Thursday, i said weekend. Honest, that's what i meant!

Told you it was as dumb as it sounded.

But see how easy it was to get clarification? A simple phone call and those 2 guys could have played and it would have been at least 10-2 instead of just 3-2. Thank goodness for that.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Here's the thing though with the 'weekend' suspension. The word weekend was used by me not the league so don't think you're going to find that on the site or in the rules.
I used it because it makes it easier for you to figure out that sitting out is, for a whole weekend not just 1 game for any/either team.
For example though: I am signed to the CAT team, i get a three game suspension for whatever reason. If i put my name on the Premier list for a Friday game, then on the U21 list (i believe they are allowed 2 or 3 per game) for Saturday, then CAT on Sunday, should that mean i have sat my 3 game suspension? I believe they want you to sit 3 weeks or weekends of games of your own team, not any team i can get my name on.

If you get suspended you must sit out for your signed team...period!!! Even if you got red carded playing in a U21 game...you still screw yourself because you must sit out how ever many games for your signed team

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone just opened a huge can of worms by stating that a 1 game suspension is actually a 1 week suspension.

:rolleyes:

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: No Formal Protest.

crafty cokcney said:
With the 48 hour deadline up, the club issued a statement earlier today that there will be no formal protest submitted by the board in conjunction with the Cup game played on Saturday between Delta Metro United and PAU.

After reviewing extensive replay footage of the game it was concluded that PAU had done everything by the book. However, an issue was raised by our technical director True Blue that indeed after the footage review was complete, he had clearly found a blatant injustice and misrepresentation by PAU on their team sheet. He pointed out that a team sheet is to be compiled of soccer players and if we went to BC Soccer we could clearly prove that infact #9 and #11 are not soccer players at all and we would win the appeal.

I took this to my good friend Cainy, who agreed that indeed our case had some credit, but for the sake of the players familys and friends, he asked that we abstain and we have agreed to do so. :D

Good luck Boys see you on Sunday. ;)

Cheers

Crafty...I'll bite...I thought you were smarter than that? Questions for you:

1) by stating #9 and myself #11 aren't soccer players at all, you are implicitly stating the players who played against us aren' t either, because they did nothing. I thought you liked your team? isn't a coach supposed to be a motivator? maybe you'll cut them next year :rolleyes:

2) why didn't you shake hands after the game? certainly not because you don't like 2 out of 14/15 players, was it sportsman?

Sounds like your a litle upset over the loss (against a team playing 2 non-soccer players, the end of season, or just taking the piss. Wish I could play against you team next year, but this is the last of premier for me. your #7 was marking me in the first half...and I rate him even though you seem not to and I can't play soccer, so if he's looking I'm sure cainy would love to get the transfer form (once the season is through that is) :D ;)

upthehammersandcheerstoyou ;)

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
magic footage

ah jinky, you've done well
it brings a tear to my eye every time i watch it!
maybe just 'cause i have to see RF in his missus's
jean shorts :p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Jinky!
RF and Myself were just a wee bit happy man.

See ya Thursday at Kelly O's.

P.S. did ya like the shirt. :confused: I thought so. :D

Go Rangers Go !!!!!

Jinks, will or can you be out on Sunday. The Old Rangers are having a Huge BBQ on the sidlines for the Po Co vs Rangers games.

75 geegers have been ordered.

Please say it is so Jinks?

Were Blue, Were White, Were Fcuking Dynomite, Rangers!!!!!!Rangers!!!!!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Go Rangers Go !!!!!

The Old Rangers are having a Huge BBQ on the sidlines for the Po Co vs Rangers games.

75 geegers have been ordered.

Were Blue, Were White, Were Fcuking Dynomite, Rangers!!!!!!Rangers!!!!!

hey coach, you better order more geegers... the PAU nation will be sticking around (after our win ;) ) to cheer on the Rangers, with pints in hand.

:wa: Forever and ever :wa:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Sage there will be a record amount of geegers sold on Sunday.
Extras are being shipped in while i type.

Any other requests gentlemen?

May the best teams win!

(Anyone cheering for the Rangers get half price Geegers.)

Don't worry about the weather, a circus tent is being hunted down this afternoon.

Rain or shine, the geegers will be fine! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0