Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree ( surprisingly :rolleyes: ).

If you are suspended for one game for the premier side and you sit that game out, you are free and clear to play as far as I'm concerned. It is not a "weekend" suspension.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS I am really enjoying the fact that I can contribute to the PAK cup Thread and nobody can say shite because we are STILL in it.

Now, here is to hoping our game gets cancelled on Sunday so I have another week to enjoy this thread

B

BADCALL

Re: Storm 3 GEU 2

Zaurrini said:
They should be suspended the rest of the year for thinking they would be able to play for the CAT team while suspended.
Dumb.

Three games for being stupid.

Carry on.

SO IF YOU PLAY A MAKE UP GAME ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND A LEAGUE GAME ON SUNDAY YOUR SUSPENDED FOR BOTH. THEY SAT THEIR GAME THE SUSPENSION SHOULD BE OVER. HOW DO YOU ENFORCE A RULE THAT CAN'T BE FOUND WRITTEN ANYWHERE?

NOT THAT IT MATTERS WE GOT THE JOB DONE 3-2 WHALLEY.NEXT IS PAU SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE. WINNER GOES TO THE PROVINCIALS!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
So, what if you sat out the CAT game on Friday, would he be allowed to play the PAK game on Sunday?? :confused:
No, you sit until after your next premier game gets played.

Isn't this in the constitution?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: the whole Whalley suspension thing.

I recall this issue being brought up at the AGM this past summer. That point was clarified, and it was stated that a suspended player would not be eligible to play in either CAT or Prem. games for the weekend they were suspended. I'm not saying I agree with the idea.........but it was stated. Perhaps it needs to be re-visited at the next meeting.

In any case, Whalley managed a big win despite missing these guys, and I doubt very much the league will give more than a 1 game penalty.

~Skip

B

BADCALL

Skip said:
RE: the whole Whalley suspension thing.

I recall this issue being brought up at the AGM this past summer. That point was clarified, and it was stated that a suspended player would not be eligible to play in either CAT or Prem. games for the weekend they were suspended. I'm not saying I agree with the idea.........but it was stated. Perhaps it needs to be re-visited at the next meeting.

In any case, Whalley managed a big win despite missing these guys, and I doubt very much the league will give more than a 1 game penalty.

~Skip

Well I feel a little better knowing it was addressed but its still frustrating.
knowing that these players didn't have to play that game they just wanted a game. If we had any dought they woudn't have played. We just didn't know.
I guess it's part of the growing pains of the cat premier thing. would be nice if it was written a little clearer if it's written anywhere at all. I could not find it. I just feel sorrey for our cat team they lost 3 points they probably would of got without the help.

Whalley vs Rangers pak cup final

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs, someone else other than me talking some sense( you dont count Badcall)

The point I was making is that they are two Premier players and they sat the premier game....I would agree if they sat a CAT game then tried to play for the Premier team on the Sunday.
Jamie would never of let the lads play if he thought they could even stand a chance of bieng suspended.

The league needs to look at the way things are done if it says a ONE game suspension then it's a one game suspension. If not list it as a WEEKEND suspension.
At least they got a nice break ready for Peace Arch on Sunday!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion...

I agree 100% with Red as well. The only thing Jamie may be guilty of is not calling to make sure, but that stated, why should he have? If it was not spelled out in the constitution, it seems to me he took the logical course of action. We knew about the rule only because we inquired about it last year, given we were in a similar situation. In the past, managers have always been told to refer to, and live by the constitution. Why wasn't it revised?

Perhaps a better solution for the league may have been to fine the Storm, then immediately re-instate the players, along with a revision to the constitution. The guys did sit the Premier match, full stop.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Formal Protest.

With the 48 hour deadline up, the club issued a statement earlier today that there will be no formal protest submitted by the board in conjunction with the Cup game played on Saturday between Delta Metro United and PAU.

After reviewing extensive replay footage of the game it was concluded that PAU had done everything by the book. However, an issue was raised by our technical director True Blue that indeed after the footage review was complete, he had clearly found a blatant injustice and misrepresentation by PAU on their team sheet. He pointed out that a team sheet is to be compiled of soccer players and if we went to BC Soccer we could clearly prove that infact #9 and #11 are not soccer players at all and we would win the appeal.

I took this to my good friend Cainy, who agreed that indeed our case had some credit, but for the sake of the players familys and friends, he asked that we abstain and we have agreed to do so. :D

Good luck Boys see you on Sunday. ;)

Cheers

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the thing though with the 'weekend' suspension. The word weekend was used by me not the league so don't think you're going to find that on the site or in the rules.
I used it because it makes it easier for you to figure out that sitting out is, for a whole weekend not just 1 game for any/either team.
For example though: I am signed to the CAT team, i get a three game suspension for whatever reason. If i put my name on the Premier list for a Friday game, then on the U21 list (i believe they are allowed 2 or 3 per game) for Saturday, then CAT on Sunday, should that mean i have sat my 3 game suspension? I believe they want you to sit 3 weeks or weekends of games of your own team, not any team i can get my name on.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, in the case of a 1 game suspension, if you have sat your 1 game for your own team, which they have, it should allow them to play with CAT.

Who really knows, except the guys that wrote the rule, and even then i'd be surprised if they did.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get over it muppets... Whalley won, GEU are done for the year and Red will be finished forever after this weekend!!!

Peace out, Guinness ;)

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual, you can depend on Guinness to play it safe and not put any pressure on his team to back up his words!

All were hoping for in Whalley is that we can whine and bitch our way to another win :rolleyes:

Oh and the hope that there's some nice cars in the parking lot Sunday

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got some clarification on the "so-called" rules and we were told that is in fact not a weekend suspension but a WEEK!!!

So a 1 game suspension could become two if you have a make up game that week. :confused:
We were told that this ia a FVSL rule......has anyone else heard this?

Really starting to wonder if they make this sh*t up as they go.

Sorry Guinness just doing the usual Whalley thing...bitching and complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0