Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I decided to go watch the Delta/PAU game thinking this would be the game of the day....looking back this was a poor decision as PAU had the game in the bag 15 minutes in with a 3-0 lead. Delta, on the day, was a real disappointment but looking at their situation with a "half full" attitude if they can manage a win against Poco in their last league game, then maybe they can squeak into the BC's....oh...sorry...bad math.....you're out of that Cup too. Again, putting a positive spin on yesterday's events (ie: getting smoked by PAU and being knocked out of both the Pak Cup and the BC's) the team can take the rest of the Winter and Spring off and take an "honest" run at the Summer league title. NOTE to all teams, I do mean it when I say HONEST....especially you GN Sport....Delta is tired have having astrics next to their wins.

Crafty, I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions for all your fans out there (including me). What are you most disappointed about.....

- Being knocked out of two couples in the first 15 minutes of yesterday's game?

- Not making a quick enough sub. when given the opportunity and on the ensuing play it ending up in the back of your net for a 1-0 lead for PAU?

- The hidious dance the PAU player did after scoring the opener? Its too bad a good player like that (fast, fit, & versatile) has to stoop to such levels....work on your dance moves dude!!

Before I go on, I want to reiterate my support to the fine Delta program and want to voice my continued commitment, as a fan, to Crafty and the boys even though they finished 0-2 in the Pakenham Cup this year.

Crafty, I was hoping you could clarify one thing for me. I was very surprised you didn't shake the PAU players hands after the game.

-Was putting your team's equipment away was more important?...or....

-Were you deep in thought on a possible protest?...IE: that dance after the first goal....or.....

-Because you went into the PAU locker room at half-time and acknowledged defeat then?

Crafty, I am tired of being a fan and was wondering if you were going to be having open tryouts? I've never played before but I think I could help you guys out...let me know!

Your friend,
KU

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Ok, the ball. I know it was a bit of a moan but when you have 3-4 guys yelling at you it is your job to do something, no? And for the ref to look at me and say it is fine, bull shite. There is no way Martin or Kevin or others would have let us kick off with that. Sir, if you want respect from the community, give the community a bit of respect and get down off your high horse for 5 minutes. Give me a flipping break boys, that thing was a ball I sell to kids who are not quite ready to head a ball yet. Retail $20, and if you say you know me, I will give you a break. And BM, figure out if your friend or foe, but don't ride the fence. You came off looking like a bigger idiot than I did over the ball.

Someone please translate what his point is.
Healthy hangover,
Zaurrini

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone knows where my car is, could you kindly PM me. Thanks in advance.

The Man with a Marching Band in his head.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Rangers :) You've got to love the Cup.

The dressing room must of been electric after the game. The Cup really is an equalizer if you are the so called underdog as anything can happen. You can basically throw the form book out the window. To come out and beat an undefeated team in a division above you is huge.
Let's not take anything away from Langley who have done a first class job this year. Everybody has their critics, none so more than me it would appear :rolleyes: but I think Langley will represent the Valley very well in the Provincials this year and may still pull off an undefeated league season.

Good luck to both teams.

Congratulations to Cainy and the lads at PAU on their victory over us yesterday. I thought we played as well as we have played all season, but came up short on the day so no excuses.
Good luck the rest of the way boys.

Looking forward to what should be a couple of cracking games next week at MAP. Hopefully my new best friend Knees can pick me up and he can explain to me on the way where I went so terribly wrong this year. :D

Cheers

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Crafty.
The changerooms were on fire, but then again so was Zaurrini's magical BBQ.
The geegers were amazing and there had to be about 75 people sitting outside taking up the sun.
Langley boys were first class and joined in on the BBQ and pints.

I must say there was some smoking looking ladies crawling about.

Good times indeed as the PAU boys came up to Newton to have a little fun too.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Someone please translate what his point is.
Healthy hangover,
Zaurrini

Great dogs by the way.
Second, it is the referees job to ensure a game ball is made available. It is part of his job in collecting his $50. What made me a bit hot was that he told me to shut it when I questioned it and that it was perfectly fine. Sir=referee.
Good luck with the hangover. Dude has a classic remedy if you dare ask.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Well done Rangers :) You've got to love the Cup.

The dressing room must of been electric after the game.

Yes, it was.

Geegers were in full swing...

Ah, yes, it was electric.

Props out to the Old Rangers. You guys set the bar high for us, but you always seem to be the first encourage us to repeat the feat.

I love you man! :eek: i'm not crying, i have allergies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Great dogs by the way.

Dog???? :eek: :mad:

NO GEEGER FOR YOU!

What made me a bit hot was that he told me to shut it when I questioned it
I think it may have been the sixth time you questioned him when he told you to shut it.
I am not disagreeing with you (the ball was horrible), just pointing out how funny it was listening to you and Sir.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Great dogs by the way.
Second, it is the referees job to ensure a game ball is made available. It is part of his job in collecting his $50. What made me a bit hot was that he told me to shut it when I questioned it and that it was perfectly fine. Sir=referee.
Good luck with the hangover. Dude has a classic remedy if you dare ask.

Ok, just flat out call me dumb.

Still not sure about the community analogy.

confused
Zaurrini :confused:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monumental headache this morning :(

crafty cokcney said:
Congratulations to Cainy and the lads at PAU on their victory over us yesterday.

Cheers Crafty. In my slightly inebriated post last night, I neglected to extend my compliments to Delta on a hard fought match (at least I didn't mention racoons).

We knew we would have to put forth a solid effort to get a result against Crafty's side, and we did. A bit of a strange, and unfortunate series of events for Delta which led to our first couple goals. None-the-less, I thought we won the individual battles early in the game which set up the opportunities to score.

Still having difficulty comprehending Langley's loss, but strange things often happen in Cup play. Congrats to the Rangers, who have taken strides to continue the Pak Cup tradition for the club.

Next Sunday will be glorious! (hopefully ;))

~Hung to the Tits

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
If anyone knows where my car is, could you kindly PM me. Thanks in advance.

Talk to the Sikh United guys. They're quite handy with lost items apparently. :D

Has anyone seen my liver?!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Whalley will be missing a couple key players for their match tonight, including Sandro up front.

Anyone?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Heard Whalley will be missing a couple key players for their match tonight, including Sandro up front.

Anyone?

Talking to Sandro yesterday, he confirmed he will not be playing today due to a suspension.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
- The hidious dance the PAU player did after scoring the opener? Its too bad a good player like that (fast, fit, & versatile) has to stoop to such levels....work on your dance moves dude!!

Your friend,
KU

Apparently you don't know Coops, cause those are three adjectives that have never been used to describe him :D

More like "ugly naked guy"... now that's more fitting ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 PAU 1

Originally posted by Guinness Date: 03-07-2005, 10:14pm
I'll go with Delta 1 PAU 3... Protest that!!!
My spidey senses amaze even the beholder... Who could have predicted it??? ;)
Great result for the lads yesterday and a great night out for a change!!! :rolleyes: Not sure what was better, pounding back shooters with Brad Kerr whilst chanting "can you hear Delta sing?" or listening to Jacko and some of the Rangers asking "can you hear that?"... What??? "that's the sound of Langley crying in their beers"!!! :D Good times...

As for the game at JO yesterday, I thought the field was horrible, the ball was flat and the ref (I mean sir) was absolutely shoc-king!!! :rolleyes: It's a good job it was the same for both teams though!!! ;)
All joking aside, I thought we battle hard and wanted it more... Unrucky crafty and co... A few different bounces and the result could have been different...
Not too sure what happened to Langley, but as I said before they are beatable and a lowly Div. 1 team proved that yesterday... Congrats Rangers and good luck Langley on preparing for the BC's...
Originally posted by the fenian
Ironic that the lost could fcuk you guys up eh? If you don't do the business in the semis, your done... Well, the lost is looking better now.
Nice... Wouldn't expect anything less coming from an ex-teammate and old good friend!!! :rolleyes: :eek: I hope your back heals up in time for another round with father Fitzgerald!!!

BTW, Super Pip told me I couldn't handle the spicy geegers with extra peppers on it, what a joke Zaurrini, you must have gave me a mild one!!! :rolleyes: ;) Tasty nonetheless (for an Italian Sausage)...

Peace out

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta 1 PAU 1

Guinness said:
and a great night out for a change!!! Not sure what was better, pounding back shooters with Brad Kerr whilst chanting "can you hear Delta sing?" or listening to Jacko and some of the Rangers asking "can you hear that?"... What??? "that's the sound of Langley crying in their beers"!!! :D Good times...

Were those guys there too!?? :confused:

Check that. Was I there?!! :confused: :confused:

IhatetheRoxy!!!

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fenian just a quick thought, you calling mackers a whining cnut isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black. I sure didn't here you whining to the ref or in general at all.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Ok, just flat out call me dumb.

Still not sure about the community analogy.

confused
Zaurrini :confused:

Your not dumb. Probably not my clearest thought ever presented, but I am no where close to being in Utah's league.
Community is us, as players, coaches and organizations. If the refs want our respect, they need to respect us as well, as well as the game in question, and the importance of the result. Just like we need to fill out the paperwork correctly or get dinged hard, they need to do their jobs as well. Inspect the field, the nets, game balls etc. That was all.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley advances

Whalley 3 GEU 2 (I think)

Only caught the last 15 minutes, and saw each team score a goal. Both teams missing a player or two. No Millsy? :confused:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy played only 15 mins against us the week before... something about a broken arm making playing difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0