Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I'm speculating next week as we are playing Langley this week at home.

I heard last night that it will be this sunday night (7pm I believe) at Cloverdale Athletic Turf. Cup takes presidence over league games of course....

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poco vs fury

Osame bin madden said:
This is the the exact reason the league has to have teams seeded

Just like all the other soccer leagues in the world that seat teams for a cup? :rolleyes:

Maybe the FVSL should just make up their own rules too :p

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poco vs fury

Zaurrini said:
Hmmm

I agree we should not have had a bye.
It should go to the top Premier team at the time (best record, not points)
But to call us shite, pppppaaaa LEASE!
We're in the quarters of the PAK cup!!!
[/SIZE]

I apologize, soccer challenged is probably more fitting..

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
seeds...

striker12 said:
Just like all the other soccer leagues in the world that seat teams for a cup? :rolleyes:

Maybe the FVSL should just make up their own rules too :p

Im not sure who "all the leagues in the world" are. I know this, I have never seen Man u play Arsnel in the first round while Bolton gets a bye, or Madrid and Barsa play in the opening round. I know its suppose to be random but is it? You cant have top Premier teams playing while lower division teams get byes.When that happens you get lop sided games like ours. We scored 4 should have had 10.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers looking sharp tonight at training, preparing themselves for the big tilt vs Langley.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Rangers looking sharp tonight at training, preparing themselves for the big tilt vs Langley.

And PAU were being gracious about filling the role of Langley....
throwing flagarant elbows! :mad:

;)howmyeyelooks

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Super Pipo

Preparation my friend... Although, it was supposed to be white boots that was to get the rough treatment!!! ;) Lucky I'm out for a while... It would have been more of a meg session!!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers vs Langley P on Sat March 12th at 2:15 at Newton.

Should be a beauty for the young boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New schedule is out.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual coach is only thinking about his own teams.

GEU vs. Whalley 7:15 Sunday Night! Cloverdale Turf. OUCH!!!
That'll be a tough Monday morning..................for those who see the field :rolleyes:

Also:
Delta Metro vs. PAU - 2:15 Saturday John Oliver.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets get the banter going lads! A HUGE weekend of Pak Cup beauties lined up.

Langley / Rangers: Obviously, the Rangers are big under-dogs. You gotta love being in that position though, as they can let it all hang out, with no real pressure to win. It'll take something special from the 'gers though if they are to run with Langley for 90 minutes. Langley 3 - Rangers 0

Whalley / GEU: I picked GEU to go through in the pool, but I have since changed my mind. Two impressive outings by the upstart bottom-dwellers have made me think they have what it takes to make another semi-final appearance this year. Whalley 2 - GEU 1

PAU / Delta: This should be a tight, one goal game IMO, with these two teams splitting results over the past couple years. I doubt it will be pretty, as most big games are not.......with the winning team being the one who wants it more. No call on the score, or the winning team. ;)

Others?

~S

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Lets get the banter going lads! A HUGE weekend of Pak Cup beauties lined up.

Langley / Rangers: Obviously, the Rangers are big under-dogs. You gotta love being in that position though, as they can let it all hang out, with no real pressure to win. It'll take something special from the 'gers though if they are to run with Langley for 90 minutes. Langley 3 - Rangers 0

~S

Have to agree with the under-dogs comment, but it is nice to be at this point with a new team. It will have to be a perfect game to Beat the ONLY undef. prem. team this year, but I can say we are excited to have the chance to play a team with such class and skill.
Gotta love the idea of screwing all the other Prem. teams that may not qualify for a prov. berth, just my hopefull outlook on things! :D
BTW, congrat's to Lang. on clinching the league.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Stepchild

Originally posted by Arse licker
It will have to be a perfect game to Beat the ONLY undef. prem. team this year, but I can say we are excited to have the chance to play a team with such class and skill.
BTW, congrat's to Lang. on clinching the league.
Talk about sweet talking the team that's gonna lace the boots to ya a few days!!! There's a dirty smell of RF all over this post!!! Nothing like the loathing in Las Vegas red head we all know!!! :rolleyes: Get a back bone!!! ;)

BTW, Skip (PAU's version of politically correct) wouldn't predict a winner in the Delta v PAU match up in fear of offering up some pre-match motivation for el crafty & co... I don't buy into that shite!!! It's not interesting nor does it help your own squad's confidence...

I'll go with Delta 1 PAU 3... Protest that!!! ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley / Rangers:
This should be interesting. The Rangers have a deep history in the Pak that can't be ignored. Can the 1/2 of the team (old Rangers) pass on the fine tradition to the new Rangers (various guys with various sized suitcases)? The Rangers do have some dangerous players on the line-up sheet: Halvorsen, Fil, and Jackson come to mind. The Gers will also have a unique home field advantage surrounding them with a bunch of the old boys and their buddies. Hide the soap dishes, Hos is on the loose.

The challenge will be for Langley to keep focus amongst the circus and the hecklers. Defending champs and current league champs carries a big target, but if anything Langley has shown this year that playing under pressure is their strength.

No prediction.

Delta / PAU:
Battle of the underachievers. I'm going to give the edge to PAU. Over the past few years (save last season) these guys have earned their bread in the league, seeming to put less emphasis on the Pak as a result. My feeling is that this year, a lot of them will be gunning to get that Pak Cup title. Will Studsup's drinking from the Cup last spring during Langley celebrations jinx the boys? Probably not. Edge: PAU.

GEU / Whalley: Easy pick- Whalley. GEU seems tired, old, and done. Step right up BKs, here's your silver platter. Whalley seems to be getting used to the Premiership, besides, a bunch of them aren't Premier rookies, and none of them are rookies to Cup play success. More hunger, more Cup success experience. Edge: Whalley.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Langley / Rangers:
This should be interesting. The Rangers have a deep history in the Pak that can't be ignored. Can the 1/2 of the team (old Rangers) pass on the fine tradition to the new Rangers (various guys with various sized suitcases)? The Rangers do have some dangerous players on the line-up sheet: #10, #7, and #3 come to mind. The Gers will also have a unique home field advantage surrounding them with a bunch of the old boys and their buddies. Hide the soap dishes, Hos is on the loose.

The challenge will be for Langley to keep focus amongst the circus and the hecklers. Defending champs and current league champs carries a big target, but if anything Langley has shown this year that playing under pressure is their strength.

No prediction.

Dont say our names.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude[B said:
GEU / Whalley: [/B] Easy pick- Whalley. GEU seems tired, old, and done. Step right up BKs, here's your silver platter. Whalley seems to be getting used to the Premiership, besides, a bunch of them aren't Premier rookies, and none of them are rookies to Cup play success. More hunger, more Cup success experience. Edge: Whalley.

I disagree.
If your going by the last games results or even the game against Langley, it's not an indication of how the team is feeling or playing. In neither game were they fielding their best side, as evidenced by me being on the pitch. :)
I think GEU is up for this game against Whalley, and after all that crap from the last game against them, their ready to knock em down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0