Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
PAU, GN looked good on Friday night, so after beating Delta and pushing us till late, and given your history against them, Delta may be a blessing in disguise. Just a thought.

Agreed. Please, don't mis-interpret my comments to mean that we are upset at playing Delta. As you mentioned, GN have been our achilles heel for a few years now, and actually knocked us out of the cup last year. Either team is a formidable opponent, but suffice it to say, we like our chances against Delta.

sixfyv said:
Keep your head up this weekend

Point of clarification: I believe this weekend coming is alloted for a replay of the week #16 league games. If I'm correct, Sage will have to wait another week to chip you. ;)

~Skip

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
I think this is the first game in 4 years we have lost to GN... and they have used players illegally many times.

Its pretty shocking that the one time we do beat you guys, you run to the league protesting the game. Furthermore, you run on here and say we play illegal players all the time. We are not the best team in this league and we know we arent the brightest, but like I said before, we do follow the rules. We know its our mistake by overlooking some things, and thats why we are out of the cup. However, its cheesy that your coach ran at the ref at half time and got him to go check 5 of our players id's. Although the ref said the id's were fine before the start of the game. Even worse was when the ref came back at the end of the game and got some of our players to actually sign the team sheet because your coach kept protesting at the field.

I hope you noticed the same youth players that played in the cup, played against you guys the last two meetings.

It was pretty hilarious on friday when the ref's came up to us to check our id's before the game against langley. The same ref's that did our cup game. First thing he says, dont worry boys, im just gonna do this once, the delta united coach isnt here :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we (Rangers) stand any chance against the best team in the Valley?

I am sure eveyone would LOVE for us to knock this team out of cup...and give you all a free ride to the Championship. So, please, feel free to help us with suggestions/ideas/game plan, etc.

I figure Langley has aleady secured a spot in the provincials, and might decide to avoid injuries/suspensions/fatigue

Wishful thinking? :confused:
Probably.

LET'S GO RANGERS!

PS Langley, feel free to call up any young players and forget to add them to the list, or whatever GN did.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: "can we beat Langley"???

Langley are a solid team that plays not to lose, rather than a team that really attacks and goes at you... They'll wait for you to make a mistake and then pounce on it... Strong and fit make them hard to crack defensively, but by no means are they un-beatable!!! If you get a Rangers-esq bounce here and there, you'll have a good chance...

BTW, I'd say Chilli/Delta/PAU will be cheering for Langley in this one!!! ;) Sorry mate, I'll buy you a pint on our next "boys night out"!!! :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm/GEU

Red Forever said:
All I know is you guys took the news of the cancellation very well....I mean considering you drove all that way out there. :rolleyes:

Alright Yoda, fess up. :D

I smell some 'deception' here (or maybe it's just that cheap cologne the missus bought for you this Christmas). Who of the GEU army wasn't able to make the trip? Millsy working?? Another bar room brawl decimating the team?? Sully quiting? Do tell. ;)

~S

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
So you obviously have no problem me bringing up a couple of CAT players and maybe the odd U-21 player for our Cup tie. Sounds good.
And if we win, there will be no questions asked.. :rolleyes:

Run that by Cainy for me would you, just so I have it clear.

Cheers

Look...I come on here to get the occasional laugh but you and your shite posts are killing me. Any chance of you getting to the point? And if you can't make an intelligent point, atleast make it funny. I can't wait to come and watch PAU kick the crap out of your second rate team so that maybe you'll shut your hole for a while. BTW, do you think losing your second Pakinham Cup game will be better, worse or the same as losing your first one?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: "can we beat Langley"???

Guinness said:
Langley are a solid team that plays not to lose, rather than a team that really attacks and goes at you... They'll wait for you to make a mistake and then pounce on it... :eek:
Sounds like a game of pong from the 1980's............... stand at centre and it may look like this... :wa: ....
BTW, who is suspended...........and what about those Lower body injuries? :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Do we (Rangers) stand any chance against the best team in the Valley?

Slim or none......and I think I just saw "Slim" leave the building.

Zaurrini said:
I am sure eveyone would LOVE for us to knock this team out of cup....

Wrong.

Zaurrini said:
I figure Langley has aleady secured a spot in the provincials, and might decide to avoid injuries/suspensions/fatigue

Very wrong!

Zaurrini said:
Wishful thinking?

Understatement

Any other questions? :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
We are not the best team in this league and we know we arent the brightest, but like I said before, we do follow the rules. :D

So when you dont follow the rules your aren't cheating, just stupid.. :D

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco vs fury

As was posted We dominated the game from start to finish. I expected a better opponent, at least one with a full team. Considering this team left our club a couple of years ago because they felt they were better than our premier team, not yet I guess.
Its a joke when you dont have any subs for the quarter finals of the Pak. This is the the exact reason the league has to have teams seeded. How can a shite div 1 team get a bye in the first round, play a cat team in round 2 and make it to the quarters. The league has to seed the teams...Speaking of jokes, how can the quarter finals be played with no linesman, no really :rolleyes: Finally, why is JB doing Premier games. He did a fine job last night , mainly because he did not have to run, all the play was at their end, and both teams played a clean game. Is there a shortage of refs ? [young ones that can keep up with the play].
When and where are the rangers vs langley game ....
Ps: Im happy to report that We will not protest our win..No really Sage
:wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poco vs fury

Osame bin madden said:
How can a shite div 1 team get a bye in the first round, play a cat team in round 2 and make it to the quarters. :wa:

Hmmm

I agree we should not have had a bye.
It should go to the top Premier team at the time (best record, not points)
But to call us shite, pppppaaaa LEASE!
We're in the quarters of the PAK cup!!!

Playing a CAT team in round two is just the BEAUTY of Cup play....in any league.
Imagine if a Div 1 team actually won the PAK cup??? ( I am sure Coach or Rangerforever will bite )

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poco vs fury

Osame bin madden said:
Considering this team left our club a couple of years ago because they felt they were better than our premier team, not yet I guess.

not true... we left so if one day we got the chance to go premier we would be able to.

Osame bin madden said:
Its a joke when you dont have any subs for the quarter finals of the Pak.

we have a 4 team club and we use 3-4 callups per game in regular season play so we dont have a large team signed to our div 1 squad and we had a death in the family and many injuries as its late in the season.

Brandon

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Not "rate"... it's "place"...

Best of luck hanging on to that 'place' sixfyv. With games left vs GEU, Chilliwack, and Poco......I think you'll need it. :D

Funny stuff though, I must admit.

~S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0