Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial,
I'll be sure to whack you in the shins next time we play just so you get an idea of what it's like.
;)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse,

Was the guy on your team who was wearing those appalling extra short and tight purple running shorts with the very long spandex shorts underneath actually being serious or was he joking?? Those shorts were very distracting. Thank god for the spandex underneath or a few indecent exposures would definetly have occurred. Other than that, the game was pretty good and cleanly played. A few good saves by Gabby too, nice to see.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragoons 2
Burnro's team 1

Nice night for a relaxing game... is it just me or is co-ed that much more enjoyable this year?

Kurgan was out tonight, as was Notty and the new bird (not Jennifer, the other other one) :D

Pooftuh Drinks,

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I left a note on Notty's birds car. I hope she calls. ;)

We were lucky to come away with the win last night. It was an intense one. Back and forth. The pace was incredible. Tackles. Swearing. Shirt pulling. It was tough. But we prevailed. That is all that counts. Sometimes it takes a game like that to bring a team together for the run down the stretch. To create that chemistry that is so hard to come by. Maybe this was that game.

Maybe.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Nothing like recreational soccer, eh Striker? :rolleyes:

From what I saw of the game, Beernuts were on their best behaviour while Herbalicious was a complete embarrassment.

I must say, Beernuts are no angels, and we can have our fair share of the ol' ankle knockers once in a while, or a good shoulder here and there, but this team WAS an embarassment and they definately have my vote for TRYHARDS 2005!!

striker14

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Dragoons 2
Burnro's team 1

Nice night for a relaxing game... is it just me or is co-ed that much more enjoyable this year?

Kurgan was out tonight, as was Notty and the new bird (not Jennifer, the other other one) :D

Pooftuh Drinks,

~Regs.

Good game on Monday Regs...good to see you and Notty again! For me personally, it was a very enjoyable game to watch from the sidelines...full cooler next to my chair along with some munchies, I'd say that co-ed has been quite relaxing this year! It was about time for the weather too, I think that's our first game I've been able to sit in the sun and enjoy without my umbrella!!!

Considering our team drew the top 5 competitive teams for our crossover games, you guys have been the most enjoyable to play against so far. Dragons could have easily wellied us into double digits if they wanted, but they played in a manner that allowed both teams to enjoy what was a great evening...cheers to the Dragons!

Remind me to get Notty some new boots after his awful attempts to impersonate first-time ice skaters...I think Notty hit the ground more times than both keepers combined with his slippery feet :eek: ...nice kicks D-man!!! Time to pack away those Lotto freebies mate...especially before Nations!!!
:wa:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BEERNUTS 7 VIOLATORS 4

Not a bad game at all.

This Violators team has a few tyrhards on it, but otherwise, enjoyable to play against.

Frankie with a hattie on his return back from injury was the highlight of this game...all 3 beauty goals!!

striker14

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was nothing settled in the Dragons v Cheatside game this afternoon. After what can only be described as a high energy and physical game the pair of hard working sides came off the park after a grueling 63 and half minutes, tail tucked firmly between their legs, which some Cheatside ladies had absolutely no issue with, bless em', and only a 4-4 draw to show for their effort.

All and all the Salmon dinner, the bratwurst sausages and 5 coolers full of pints, really, it hardly seemed worth it...

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
golf carts/ violators had a muddy match today at kway, with 12 goals scored in all. Wow, good defence!! Carts pulled away early with 6 goals all scored by females, well done ladies. Then we let our boys play with the ball and the violators game back to threaten. Final score was 7-5, but much respect goes out to the ladies for todays win. No we don't need #22 to score all the goals for us, ha! See you all at the standard on friday, should be a shite show.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers 3 - Slappers 3
I think Slappers underestimated us tonight. We went up 1-nil in first half with their keeper making a great save from point blank on a deflection from moi. He had a great game for them. Slappers gave up a PK because they slide tackled a girl in the box, no not that box, the 18 yard box. Our girl shot it wide and game remained 1-0.
They then went on a 3 goal spirt, which we answered with 2 of our own to hold on for a tie. Great game, but the best part was when Herb said to one of the Slappers complaining players "Don't you ever shut up?"

PS: To those UJ's who decide to defect to other teams, this is what your in for.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those pics are CLASSIC!!! "uh sir, I'm gonna be a bit late to work."

BEERNUTS 7 RACKETS/RUNNER 1

Bit of a walk, but a friendly hard working game!!

I was leaving as YG Inc. was stomping the crap out of Beefeaters, so stay tuned for the update!

striker14

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanderers 8 Butter 6

They wanted it more. Our best players weren't our best players.

6-4 at the half for Wanderers. We tied it in the 2nd half, but they scored 2 late for the win.

Slide tackling ladies in the box is wrong. :eek: ;)

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
BEERNUTS 7 RACKETS/RUNNER 1

Bit of a walk, but a friendly hard working game!!

striker14

I gotta say, some players/teams just don't seem to comprehend the spirit of Coed soccer. Should it not be relaxed, fun, good-spirited, and games played in the interest of just having a laugh?!

Yes, last night we were rightly scored off the field by Beernuts, in no small part due to my first 45-minutes back in the pipes in 6-7 weeks, quite rightly displaying my rustiness. For the most part, the Beernuts players are a good group, but man, do they have some of Coed soccer's biggest try-hards!!! Almost at the same level as Madam Blaker for the Young Guns!!!

Beernuts had a comfortable 3-1 lead at half-time, and the fact that we were not really threatening to score many more should have indicated to the 'Nuts to relax and just ping the ball about. But not this group...4-1 just after half, they keep coming at us hard, 5-1 (gift penno from the ref) they attack us even more, 6-1 now they're just idiots, and finally 7-1, they still keep attacking us at full speed.

I hold no bitterness in the fact we lost, we deserved to, but the manner in which these muppets played the game was fcuking pathetic to say the least...even a few of the YG players who were watching agreed that the 'Nuts needed a dose of their own medicine.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by a group of players who purposely tanked their final two or three games last summer so they wouldn't be promoted to competitive...I'd say that says something about the team as a whole...hmmmm.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we need a new unwritten rule in co-ed. Any win by more than 4 goals is not allowed and is automatically forfeited to the losing team.
Sound good?

Slide checking a women in the box is alright is you lead with the right body part.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Beernuts had a comfortable 3-1 lead at half-time, and the fact that we were not really threatening to score many more should have indicated to the 'Nuts to relax and just ping the ball about. But not this group...4-1 just after half, they keep coming at us hard, 5-1 (gift penno from the ref) they attack us even more, 6-1 now they're just idiots, and finally 7-1, they still keep attacking us at full speed.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by a group of players who purposely tanked their final two or three games last summer so they wouldn't be promoted to competitive...I'd say that says something about the team as a whole...hmmmm.

What surprised me the most was that with 5 minutes left, we (R & R) were awarded a PK, which was an iffy call at best I will agree, but to have the other team bi*ch and complain about it when they are up 7-1?? It was only a couple of players that I heard, but still... :confused: . It started out as a good game, and I knew we were probably not going to mark this one in the "W" column, but the spirit of fun,friendly co-ed seemed to dry up when the other team showed no signs of letting up when it was 4-1, 5-1, etc... The thoroughly enjoyable game we played against the Dragons last Monday, where we were toally outskilled and lost, but had a fantastic game b/c the other team didn't take themsleves too seriuosly kinda puts it in perspective :rolleyes: . Ah - the joys of co-ed... :D .

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I think we need a new unwritten rule in co-ed. Any win by more than 4 goals is not allowed and is automatically forfeited to the losing team.
Sound good?

Slide checking a women in the box is alright is you lead with the right body part.

Since we haven't won any game by more than 3+ goals, I'm all for that rule!!!

I suppose it all depends on who is doing the slide tackling and who is receiving ;) !!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
I gotta say, some players/teams just don't seem to comprehend the spirit of Coed soccer. Should it not be relaxed, fun, good-spirited, and games played in the interest of just having a laugh?!

Yes, last night we were rightly scored off the field by Beernuts, in no small part due to my first 45-minutes back in the pipes in 6-7 weeks, quite rightly displaying my rustiness. For the most part, the Beernuts players are a good group, but man, do they have some of Coed soccer's biggest try-hards!!! Almost at the same level as Madam Blaker for the Young Guns!!!

I hold no bitterness in the fact we lost, we deserved to, but the manner in which these muppets played the game was fcuking pathetic to say the least...even a few of the YG players who were watching agreed that the 'Nuts needed a dose of their own medicine.

Fcuk the Beernuts and their desire to stomp teams. Teams like that are the reason I can't join co-ed soccer. Burnro, how are things looking for the tourney on Saturday? I will get the money to you on Thursday, if you're playing in Richmond. I have my daughters' ballet 'concert' tomorrow night at the Gateway. Are we going to put together the same 4some as last year?????

:D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Fcuk the Beernuts and their desire to stomp teams. Teams like that are the reason I can't join co-ed soccer. Burnro, how are things looking for the tourney on Saturday? I will get the money to you on Thursday, if you're playing in Richmond. I have my daughters' ballet 'concert' tomorrow night at the Gateway. Are we going to put together the same 4some as last year?????

As Burno's better half ( ;) ) and the one that will most likely be picking his skunked self up at the end of the fiasco, I'm not sure I like the sounds of the 4somes!! I seem to recall a certain debacle last year.... :eek: Kidding Cappie! If he hadn't come home like that after the golf tournie, then I would have been somewhat concerned!! "FOOOORE!" :D .

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:

Same foursome is definitely on this Saturday Captain...don't forget the 2-litres of California Cooler!!! Thursday nights' game is at South Park against Blaze...should be fun! I'll call/email you later this week re: more golf stuff...any chance you can get SC and BMac to get some door prize stuff for the golf tourney? Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0