Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the 2005 season got off to an excellent start this weekend with the opening tournament. Good to see everyone out again, including herb. And ofcourse Hollywood with his 'natural' tan in april. Teams were off to a slow start early sunday morning, meaning everyone must of tied one on saturday morning/day/night, good ol' coed soccer! Anyone have any insight into how the tournament ended. Golf Carts shockingly :eek: did not make it into the semi's. But ofcourse the Beernuts who "whined/bitched/complained" refused to go up to competitive division because they would lose every game, some how made it into the semi's beating out two competitive teams in their pool. BBQing, Beer and Soccer, can't beat it! Lionheart

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The opening tournament was fun and it was nice to see all the regular faces and some new faces to the league. The only suggestion I have for next year is to put up a score board so there is no miss communication on the scores and have the refs enter them immediately after each game. Also someone had suggested having a beer garden set up with the profits going to the league fees. If a few people from each team pitched in and helped out I wonder if we could do it. Anyone know anything about getting a liquor license and how difficult it is. Thoughts anyone???

Carebear

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
But ofcourse the Beernuts who "whined/bitched/complained" refused to go up to competitive division because they would lose every game, some how made it into the semi's beating out two competitive teams in their pool. Lionheart

Talk about bitchin' and whinin'...can we just get beyond the League meeting for fcuk sakes?!!! Remember, the entire Beernuts team was not there were they? GET OVER IT...play some soccer, and if you hate us so much...bring it the pitch and stop YOUR fcuken bitchin' and whinin' because it is gettin' pretty tiresome!!

Take a look at our roster and tell me how many Division 1 or Premier people we have and when your done lookin' that over and realizing, "shite, their whole team are Div 2 players, minus about 3 of them" and then you can take that realization and stick it where your head obviously is....

Have a nice day!!

Your favourite Beernut,

striker14

P.S. Great tourney...I am so shocked on the result!!! :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So did Frankie make an guest appearance this year?
:)

Also heard rumours that YG's have a hired gun on their roster for the season this year.
Like they need this guys help.
:rolleyes:

Conductor? Dial? Care to comment?

Man did one ever get the gears for playing 4 games with Slappers on Saturday, only to jump ship on Sunday to Young Guns.
That didn't go over well with Slappers.

Also heard rumours of a guy megging a girl, knocking her down, then proceeding to meg her again! Nicely.
:rolleyes.

And so the season begins.

See you all on the pitch.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
So did Frankie make an guest appearance this year?
Frankie showed up for the final. We paid for his beer and his taxi expenses and sent him on his way.

Yoda said:
Also heard rumours that YG's have a hired gun on their roster for the season this year. Like they need this guys help.

You're wrong, as usual, Yoda. We've got two hired guns this year, not including Frankie. We got Ollie for a lot less than what Indo paid him, and we got some guy from Croatia; I think AK is his name. Don't ask me what happened. I requested KJ and KVale and SC, and then Conductor got AK. Hope the guy can play and I hope he's worth the $12 I spent on his Championship shirt. The 8 stars look awesome.

Yoda said:
Man did one ever get the gears for playing 4 games with Slappers on Saturday, only to jump ship on Sunday to Young Guns.
That didn't go over well with Slappers.

She did what any sane person would do given the opportunity. Come on Yoda...you know all it will take is one phone call to you and Mrs.Yoda and the Union Jackers would be Yoda-less.

We asked Lionheart to join us last year but she turned us down. Like I said, any sane person would jump on the opportunity.

Yoda said:
Also heard rumours of a guy megging a girl, knocking her down, then proceeding to meg her again! Nicely.

Yoda, you're wrong. Again. He megged her, knocked her down, megged her again, and then knocked her down again. All the while, some guy on our team yelled: "Skin her again! Skin her again!"

Anyhow, I actually liked the Catfight between the Beernuts and the BDGC. It lasted a solid 3 posts. Thanks for roping YG Inc into this somehow. YG bashing is always good for the TTP ratings.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by Yoda
That was in the Dragonsiders final game on Sunday, and believe it or not, it wasn't the YG's we were playing. Looks like there may be some serious competition for the coveted Tryhard title this year. The Dragons resident tryhard went back to England so I think I will take over that roll. Should be fun.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 years old!!

Yoda and 911 all the talk is great but you are forgetting about the 10 year old daughter of Dan R who also was allowed to play just for the tournament and did a great job up front.Actually Yoda it was against your team where we needed to win to go through to the semi's and with the score 1-0 she Triaste(??) came on and set up 2 goals right away!! By the way saw a few big names out at Reeves this wekend.Beefeaters, Cheatside/Dragons,BDGC all looked like they have some key signings.By the way can't believe we were able to get that keeper to play in net for us against Union Jackers on sunday morning.Won't be surprised to hear every one complaining about that signing too!! :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trust me, there was nothing special about you, i mean, that keeper in our game.
He was 0 for 1 on shots. :)

Dial, I guess i'm insane then.

Mr. Heald might help you out a little bit i guess, but what a blow to the ego. From Whitecaps to Co-ed.
:eek:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Mr. Heald might help you out a little bit i guess, but what a blow to the ego. From Whitecaps to Co-ed. :eek:

I think his ego is fine, but it's his wallet that is hurting since his move from Indo to YG Inc. Just ask Hemi.

Speaking of blows to the ego...from Buddha to Union Jackers! Ouch!

Er, actually, that's a bit of an improvement.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryhard wise it's an improvement for sure.
Since Buddha was folding, and the wife wanted to get back into it after baby #2 and the Union Jackers (her mom's team) needed girls for competitive, she signed there.
Then they found out who her better half was and begged to sign me, so i did.
:rolleyes:

Now it's like spending time with the family every weekend. Plus that means we have a baby sitter on the sidelines all the time.
What more could i ask for?

PS: Did you really need to sign someone like that? You pretty much hammer all the teams anyways, what the need for him too?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
PS: Did you really need to sign someone like that? You pretty much hammer all the teams anyways, what the need for him too?

He's not the only ex-Cap who has played or is playing in this league, so he and we shouldn't be singled out. Skinner, Clarke, D'onofrio, Dodd, Xausa, and TheRob are all names that come to mind. None played or play for YG inc.

Ollie is also dating this girl, and this girl just happens to be on our team. Kind of like how you and Mrs. Yoda like to play on the same squad.

We don't usually allow boyfriend/girlfriend combos on the team, but Ollie paid the non-refundable $75 application fee and applied to YG Inc management. Management then held a vote on whether they make this special exception for Ollie. I think it passed 5-4 in favour.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually i think TheRob played Pro in England, but whatever.
Who says we like to play on the same squad?
Don't you allow husbands and wives either? Noticed we have the wife (and mother) of players on the YG's. Talk about strict rules!

I actually asked her if i could put in my resume to YG's but she said no. It wouldn't look good to the inlaws and it's definately grounds for divorce.
:)

Didn't recognize any of the other names in past seasons on the field. Then again i wouldn't know their faces if i saw them anyways.
Who'd they play for?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to the "Youngest Gun" that played.... she did great playing with the big kids!

And the female keeper the Beefeaters put in net.... fcuking AMAZING! We had great shots on net and she got a hand on every one! They should've used her in the YG's game! :eek:

But soccer aside.... WHAT A WEEKEND! Beernuts lived up to our name by drinking over 12 flats of beer all weekend and even had to send the YG's on a beer run while celebrating their win until the wee hours of the night!

Pictures of the strip keep-ups game soon to be posted....

Congrats on the win YG's

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Milhouse, next time you bring the BBQ make sure there's propane and something to flip the food with! .... food would be a good idea too! :p

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Hey Milhouse, next time you bring the BBQ make sure there's propane and something to flip the food with! .... food would be a good idea too! :p

Right, making the Beernuts live's easier is what I am all about. :rolleyes:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not just defending LB (Slapper-for-a-day turned YG) because she is a very good friend of mine, but in all fairness she played for YG for years and only spent 1 day playing on our team so I don't know why everyone is all pissed off about it. If she was a shitty player then no one would make any commotion at all. Just because she is a great player and we are seriously hurting for girls everyone is all riled up. Get over it. People change teams all the time so I don't see what the big deal is anyway.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not usually in the middle of a tournament. I could see if she played a game or two because they were short players, but then finished the tourney with Slappers, but to just ditch the team for good mid tourney. At least finish off the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts