Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what game TR was watching. It was an evenly played match with the gunners holding more of the possession in the second half. We didn't generate too many scoring opportunities but did manage to slot the only 2 chances we had.

:D

Dap made his Dragon debut and did an awesome job.

Cheers,

~Regs.

PS. Turf sucks. I can hardly walk this morning :mad:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice to get a kick a ball around and look at girls at the same time. I mean, enjoy the fresh air and exercise. I was gonna pants a few of the chicks when they had the ball but I'm not sure if that's against the rules or not. I was so tired that in the second half I was drafting some of the bigger players to reduce the air friction. Could have used KNVB and his over-sized cranium right about then.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this thread seems pretty popular this weekend. DId nobody play yesterday?
I know Union Jackers got thier first win on Thursday night against Gin and Tonics 4-1. Keeper was stellar for UJ's.
Agreed Regs, turf is hard on old bodies.
Any results from last night?
How'd the UJ's do against the Broken Down Golf Carts? I know they were missing 3 of their "key" players. ;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG 7? Butter 3

You know you are trouble when the other team's women are better than your team's men. :D

A certain UJ defector scored 2 of our 3. :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like greedy ball hog to me.
Most likely why he was "kicked off the team"

You can keep him.

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty even match as the score would indicate, Dragons up one first with a cheeky chip by Gav, Beefeaters back just before the half with a well finished 1/2 breakaway. Gav's better half proved it so with a 25yd screamer, hit first time with every teammate silently thinking "take a touch first / time!!!" before watching the ball stay 3 ft off the ground all the way into the net. Game was tied up late with a quickly taken free kick using the Osler hop to finish mid goal in the corner after being struck low and hard.

BTW - could the league organizer please PM the phone number for the school board contact as there is no way we should be paying for that field yesterday, wasn't cut and doesn't look like it has for a month - disgraceful AND dangerous.

See you next Sunday Regs?

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the good parts, yes. Otherwise it was patchy as well as taller. I was literally fighting to dribble the ball unopposed (when aren't I...) :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To TR,that is actually a perfect picture for the field yesterday.As for YG we were lucky tonight as Herb had an off game and decided to make us work 3 times harder for our result against the Cosmos.We trailed 1-0 and 2-1 before finally coming away with a 5-2 win.Last night we played Butter and won,but the point that is interesting is that after talking to some of there players that were up in Penticton for the long weekend all I heard was how hard the Slappers beat us and that we had a full team and that one of there players even BRAGGED about cutting up Redding :mad: !!The poor guy on our team is a family man with 2 kids who had to miss 3 days of work because of the incident and I know sh*t happens on the field but to brag about that afterwards is a joke!!Well chances are we won't see them again this year,but hopefully teams like Dragons and I'll even root for Cheatside on this game put the Slappers in there place!!!BTW if any teams have xtra tickets for the fundraiser that they aren't gonna use could you please pm, thanks!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts 3 All Over 1

Sunday's game ended like this!!

As for the UJ's vs. BDGC's...It looked like a great game in the 1st half and then the flood gates opened and Cart's ran away with it...not sure of the score, but I saw about 4 goals go in as I was finishing up my brew on the sidelines!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herbalicious with 8 goals??? :eek: WOWZERS!!! Way to sink em'

Next game vs. Beernuts should be a good one!

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts 2 Herbalicious 1

What a game!! Beernuts went up 1-0 on a beautiful pass thru from Legge to Legge...Herb's thought it was offside, so they threw their arms up and stopped runnin' and away went Legger...1 on 1...goalie didn't stand a chance...nice curve ball in the corner pocket!! I have never heard as much whining from one sideline in a while as we heard this evening folks from the Herb bench and the group on the pitch...wow!!

GAME ON...2nd half...nice work at the top of the 18 from J Arnold and a nice cracker in the back of the net...Beernuts up 2-0.

Ref calls Spazz for a clean, shoulder to shoulder win and the Herb's get a free kick. Tupper...nice whollop from top of the 18, sinks it. They have life...

Game gets rough...prick on the Herb back line decides that he doesn't like it how Legge keeps beating him, so he decided to take Legge's leg out...bit of a cafuffle top of the 18...smoke clears, both feel shame as the yellow's come out!! GAME ON...gets a bit rough again and cards are a flyin' as some bicth on the Herb's decides to take a flying elbow at our guy's head...BRUTAL...Ref makes a good call with a RED CARD...beat it!! Game ain't over and some wee lil' prick in the back line decides to take out Paul, again, top of the 18...wait a minute...is that your 2nd yellow buddy...WHY, YES IT IS...beat it!!

Herb's down 2 bicthes...can't sink em'...BEERNUTS WIN!!

On to the next feeding...

Your friend,

striker14

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 5-2 Violators

Fun game, good game.

Glad 2 certain staff members here made sure I was going so they could pay for the golf tourney. Great stuff.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slappers 4 Butter 0

Different day, same result.

Wade 4? Beefeaters 2?

Does anybody really take the time to pay attention when drinking on the sidelines, obviously not. Wade absolutely smoked one of the Beefeater ladies (Naomi??) that I do remember.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG's 5(6) - Union Jackers 2, the lights were out after that...........literally.
Daddy duties had me sitting out of this one (and a sore back), but YG's went up 2-0 quick and then UJ's battled back with 2 goals. half was tied. Second half Miss Nipples 2005 had a quick turn and potted a bottom corner shot to go up by 1. UJ's had a couple of other chances but couldn't finish. YG's then potted a few more to put the game away, then the lights went out. I think there was only 4 minutes or so left but it saved the embarrasment of the YG's blowing that big lead and losing. Lucky you.

Aftershock is next tomorrow night.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Beernuts 2 Herbalicious 1

What a game!! Beernuts went up 1-0 on a beautiful pass thru from Legge to Legge...Herb's thought it was offside, so they threw their arms up and stopped runnin' and away went Legger...I have never heard as much whining from one sideline in a while as we heard this evening folks from the Herb bench and the group on the pitch...wow!!

Game gets rough...prick on the Herb back line decides that he doesn't like it how Legge keeps beating him, so he decided to take Legge's leg out...bit of a cafuffle top of the 18...smoke clears, both feel shame as the yellow's come out!! GAME ON...gets a bit rough again and cards are a flyin' as some bicth on the Herb's decides to take a flying elbow at our guy's head...BRUTAL...Ref makes a good call with a RED CARD...beat it!! Game ain't over and some wee lil' prick in the back line decides to take out Paul, again, top of the 18...wait a minute...is that your 2nd yellow buddy...WHY, YES IT IS...beat it!!

Herb's down 2 bicthes...can't sink em'...BEERNUTS WIN!!

On to the next feeding...

Your friend,

striker14

Nothing like recreational soccer, eh Striker? :rolleyes:

From what I saw of the game, Beernuts were on their best behaviour while Herbalicious was a complete embarrassment.

Last week in the game before us, it was Barely There that were out of control. Sure glad I'm not on the recreational side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0