Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's got the latest game results? Nuts/Goons...what happened? And what about the Cheatside game? Did any more Cheatside guys take pks? If I knew that beforehand, I wouldn't have given my tryhard vote to Megs...even though she is a thug and stat padder!

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 3 Tryhards 3

Late peno almost got us the full 3pts, but Beernuts tried even harder and tied it up in injury time. :eek:

darkangel

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheatside 3 Cosmos 1

Nice to see the full squad out for the game! Erica with a fine finish dribbling through 3 of their players to slice it in the net for our 3rd goal as the sun finally started to hide!!!

Re: sunday nights game - Sorry Yoda didn't realize that the extra guy had that much effect as I was sitting down most of the night making it really 2 players down for our game, your right about the call and our guy taking the PK he'll learn it was his first coed game! Were handing him travis' red socks for our team tryhard. Every team needs a hero. But on a side note maybe let your guys know not to yell at your girls it was a joke!

da

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, we discussed that after the game. Thing is there family and it just comes naturally for them. :)
I think we need to change our team name to the Fort Eddy Union Jackers.
Kinda has a nice ring to it.

We didn't think the extra guy would make much of a difference either until we realized we needed one of our girls to check him and take the ball away.

PS: Why did you keep trying to back into me all game? Dirty Angel ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fort Eddy Union Jackers 1 - Herbalicious 4
If Sliver and Snowman could hit the net in this game, we might have had a chance. At least i could hit the keeper in the numbers!
We had plenty of opportunities this game but couldn't put any on net.
Herb was his usual Herb style.

On to the Dragonhards on Sunday for another trouncing. Except that i'll feel better about this loss becuase TR is going to get whacked :)
Hope the ref is someone i know so he won't give me a red for what i'm going to do!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Butter 1 Dragons 3

Dragons brought the pace of their play down to the level of Butter FC and after having a few beers, vodka's, tequilla's, whiskey's ect., ect., ect., the night before it was a relief. A lot of skilled guys on the Dragons that played at less than a fifty percent pace and then there was TR who tried to change the pace of the game by going 100%. Good thing TR's 100% is most players 50% or it might have worked. Their girls are all really good players who must have enjoyed stepping around me all game, like the girl who set up their second and game winning goal after beating me along the end line. Butter's goal was a thing of brilliance. How he managed to take a ball that was going out and put it back over his head banking it off our girl defender (who is really tiny and hard to hit) and in our net. Wow.

Guys quality players out having fun.
Girl's really good players out having fun
TR a hack who almost ended my blossoming soccer career with a viscious tackle.

Butter 0 Allover 3

Allover played a very different game with their guys going at 100% the whole game. I tried to set the tone of the game by letting (yeh I said letting) a ball roll under my foot to their forward in our six yard box but he hammered home the game winner in the first minute of the game. Again a lot of good girls on their team that play some nice soccer. Their guys run hard for ninety minutes and if I wasn't tired and out of shape I may have enjoyed it more. One comment though I didn't think it was neccesary for their guy forward to keep taking the ball away from one of our girls who is obviously just learning to play. She is doing well but I don't think you have to run twenty yards to strip her of the ball when you are already up by a couple of goals. I didn't think they were handing out hero's madals at the end of the game.

Guys run hard and I know a couple from men's soccer and are quality guys.
Girls good players that play some nice soccer.

On to the BDGC and I wonder will the Highlander players have a few hacks left in them for #22 or will they keep with the Butter mentality of, oh well he got around me I am sure our goalie will make the save. Should be fun I hope I can make it.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BEERNUTS 5 BARELY THERE 3

Good game!

3 of our girls scored sweet goals in this match! Nikki with a nice PK...Michelle with a great effort all by her lonesome, squeaking one in as she was ridin' the baseline...and Melissa with a mint chip over the goalie. Frankie and Paul finishing off the tally with a couple of goals.

Herb was on top of his game this match :rolleyes: giving Frankie a yellow after calling him offiside for the 3rd time (none of which were actually offside, but you know how it is) and Frankie losing it a bit.

Rain clouds rolled in and caused us to pack it in a bit early.

striker14

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Dragons 6 - 3 Union Jackers

Good game out at Ioco yesterday.

For who?

KNVB needs to sort this team of tryhards out. Not all of the players, just a few of them. Had one person slide tackle, heard another person complaining that one of their own players was not marking properly and was visibly bothered by it.
Their guys did a good job of taking it easy on our girls as they were obviously outmatched by most of the players, kudos to them. But the girls were out for blood, giving 110% all game.
Good thing we only have to play them once. Sorry KNVB, Rob, and Regs, but you just earned a vote for tryhards after that game.

PS: To the coach of that team, correct me if i'm wrong but i think there is a rule that you cannot play with extra guys or girls on the field if you are short, UNLESS YOU CHECK WITH THE OTHER TEAM FIRST AND THEY GIVE THE OK.
Being that our girls were outmatched by your stellar high calibre players, it was an obvious advantage and we probably wouldn't have OK'ed it since we need all the advantage we can get.

On a side note, stellar save by TR on the breakaway by our girl. Brilliant Brodeur like save off the pads.
And well done by our GIRL who took our PK, even though we were down 2 goals. Great shot by Sheila to beat the keeper.

On to Gin and Tonics next week.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 7, 8 or 9 Butter FC 0

Relegation here we come! :D

If I could suggest to BDGC not to have their keeper trying to thump the ball to Wade for breakaways when the score is 5-0. :(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
Relegation here we come! :D

If I could suggest to BDGC not to have their keeper trying to thump the ball to Wade for breakaways when the score is 5-0. :(

Not if we beat you to relegation first.

PS: There's a thread for things like that. It's called the Tryhard thread.
Feel free to put your vote in!
:)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chances are Yoda those weren't his pads more it was probably his bottom lip. I heard someone was having a big pout becuase he couldn't play forward the poor baby...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you heard wrong. I was standing beside the person when they complained about him not checking the right person. It was more a "who gives a shite who's checking who and play" than a pout.

Personally i think he was unimpressed with the tryhardness and would rather have not been on the field if they werent' short players.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragoons 2- 1 Gunners

Could have been more but one of our forwards has a bad case of FVSLitis. ;)

The Gunners chicks are all so purdy. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0