Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004/2005 VMSL Rumours and Innuendos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I forgot to mention that Kippax will be looking after the U-21 squad. As for Club I CHUMP, thanks for coming to training yesterday Putz. And Mr. John Lawrence too. Good commitment. Obviously you guys don't need to train because you're that much better than everyone. :p BTW, I did the BEEP test for the first time yesterday and made it to level 12. I was pretty happy with that. ............ :wa: :wa: :wa:

Chump, where are you?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm sad to inform the TTP community that the merge between Club Ireland and Richmond United has fallen through. Everything was going really well until the final item which needed to be sorted out: the colour of our socks. Richmond United wanted black socks with a red trim at the top. We wanted the aforementioned green/red hooped socks. We almost went as far as having black/red/green hooped socks BUT we decided just to part ways. Club Ireland has decided to stick to its' traditional white socks while Richmond United will be sticking with the traditional black.

Kippax/Ginger Tours/Willy - it could have been the greatest merge in VMSL history but I guess it is not to be this year. I would like to thank you for all the positive dialogue we have had over the last couple of weeks. To be honest, I'm shocked you guys wouldn't go for the green/red hooped socks as it was, at least in my eyes, a fair compromise. Good luck this year and we'll see how this season goes.

Champ/JL(relax guys, it was a bit of a piss-take...... :D Word travels very quickly you know... :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word travels very quickly you know
Yes, it most certainly does, Captain... Kinda like forest fire on a windy day or even like me to the hospital after a bike kick. I would have thought saying 10 players leaving a VMSL club in one summer was a bit of an abnormality, but apparently it isn’t in some circles. I’d like to extend my thanks to the multiple team offers I received and have you all know I honestly weighed my options and considered each one as they came in between of course, gut bursting laughter.

Ahh... TTP, it’s a grand old place to play.

If nothing else I thought it was funny.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, KNVB, since you guys are losing a lot of players this year, do YOU fancy a merger? The idiots couldn't come through in clutch so I was wondering if you guys might be interested.

Cheers in advance,

Stephen Burns
Club Ireland Merging Committee

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, we should try and make this happen. I fancy the green/red hooped socks. The idoits have no taste...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check Check, I just wanted to make sure I was in the VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE thread not the METRO WOMENS SOCCER LEAGUE. Good.

Yes, KNVB, we should. For the record, the CAptain will be taking a hiatus from TTP because WAY TOO MANY people take things WAY TOO FCUKING SERIOUSLY. But if anyone is still interested in merging, I will continue to check my PMs daily.

:rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours swirled over this weekend that Akal has purchased, or atleast put in a bid to buy out Deep Cove Royal's Div 1 spot for $10,000. Can any DCR or Akal people confirm or deny this? (even though I doubt anyone will be willing talk about the money) If this is true, the Indo/Akal merger is dead...I wonder how Indo feels about Akal leading them on and tossing them like yesterday's leftovers? hmmmmm

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Boot said:
If this is true, the Indo/Akal merger is dead...

From what I have heard, this merger was never a done deal anyways. Both sides were a little reluctant, including some of the players.
Don't think a Div. 1 spot is worth 10 Grand, but thats not my business.

I have heard that there are a few Khalsa guys going over to Akal/Indo, but not sure how many, and that AnkleBreaker has signed on with Inter.

hos

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I highly doubt the VMSL executive would allow a non-VMSL team to simply "buy" a Division one team. I know Khalsa did something with Pacific 96'ers but that was, at least supposed to be, some type of merger.

Surrey AKAL (as I believe they are are from) and Deep Cove Royals? don't think so.

stranger things have happened.

I no longer live on the North Shore but wouldn't be shocked to learn the Trollers-DCR deal is more talk than substance.

But... that's just a quick opinion.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that Persian United has been bought out by a East Indian team.... possibly Akal?

It also looks like Norburn has dropped out. I think the league moved Keeper and his Rangers into Norburns spot, and thus there is still a chance for another team to buy out the spot.

I doubt the league will move ANOTHER Div 2 team up, I am sure they would prefer if the spot was sold.

I also heard from a Deep Cove player on the weekend that the deal was done......

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is funny that "Pacific 96ers" are now back in Premier just 2 years later as AFC. Perhaps Akal could buy that spot and put the AFC boys back to work in Div.1 to earn promotion again. It could be a yearly thing for a group of players, collecting the 10 Grand price tag for the Premier spot. Just don't hire Capt. and Club I, they will just lead you astray with stories of mergers and socks.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The next team inline to go up from Div 2 is he Firefighters out of 2a.
Having 5 div 2 teams move up is a bit much, but maybe the league can use all the off season chnages as the spark they need to overhaul everything. then again maybe not.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so reading this thread I can conclude that Deep Cove Royals are packing it in and 'joining' Troller FC to create North Shore Football Club based out of West Vancouver?

At the same time there's a possibility that a Surrey based team will "buy" that Division one spot from DCR?

Could all very much happen but I'll believe it when I see it posted on the excellent site.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toze,

I can pretty much confirm the DCR/Trollups merger from discussions with Spadapeep at Peg training... Trollers were going to fold if some sort of merger didn't happen (there was talk of some of the north shore Peg contingent going there until Peg cokced things up by winning the provincials)... give the pirate a call, I'll sure he will confirm :D

As for the Akal/Indo stuff, Sandman has been pretty quiet of late and usually he is the first to set the record straight when others are talking shite with all matters concerning Indo... Perhaps the talk of movement on the Indo leadership front meant Sandman is taking a less active role?

~Regs.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

It was Pirate and his pride at DCR that has me questioning the merger.

If true, it's great for the North Shore.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it was the free dog washing/grooming that sealed the deal :D

~Regs.

J

jizzy

DCR is keeping its div 1 spot as some of the guys did not want to merge with the new north shore football club and the pirate and the rest of the guys are going to new club. the team has not been sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0