Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004/2005 VMSL Rumours and Innuendos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any real confirmations out there of 2 teams actually merging? Just curious and waiting to see how all of this is gonna play out.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more rumours? It was gettin kinda fun hearing all of them. To the Blaze boys: did you guys pick up any players? It looks like a killer side. Good luck to all teams on that side, anybody could beat anybody on any given day.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner said:
No more rumours? It was gettin kinda fun hearing all of them. To the Blaze boys: did you guys pick up any players? It looks like a killer side. Good luck to all teams on that side, anybody could beat anybody on any given day.

Who us??? We have acquired the services of a few players who will strengthen the side. Please remember the high standing criteria you need to have to play for the Blaze. :rolleyes: the side looks pretty tough and whoever wins it will have defintely earned promotion. Now Only if our merger with FVSL Delta Premier happens.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little bit more on the Columbus-Clan merger. Heard there was a meeting early this week and it was confirmed the two teams are going to join. Now they are just sorting out the small details.The name of the team is going to be either Columbus Clan or SFU Columbus.Should make one strong team and with the majority of the SFU players coming after their season is done this team could make a strong push towards the end of the year.

Heard it from a good source.

Training next tues @ Eton Park for anybody who is interested.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Clanumbus would be better, but who's asking? It looks like there's a few mergers and buyouts that happened or will happen. What does the league do to fill in the empty spots? Do they give them to teams that apply or CAT teams? In Div 2, there looks like theres atleast 2 current available spots open. I'd say they don't expand it unless there making a Div 3 again, which is probably too late to do this year. Keep one group of 10 and two groups of 9 until they re-arrange all divisions for next year. Just like Div 1 has an A and a B side, so should Div2, having a A and a B side, not C. They should tell teams beforehand that their making a Div 3 next year and the bottom 3 teams from each Div 2 group go down and the next worst team. Thats my 2 cents, I know your listening Azzi :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can confirm what TA is saying I spoke to a great source today, and as TA said only the small print to iron out.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shriner,

They definitely need to sort things out with all these parallel groups we have.

I think there should be Prem, Div 1, 2,3,4, etc. As for CAT teams it's good to allow movement, but you don't need separate divisions in my opinion. Let "CAT" teams be in whatever Div they are in and compete in the same groups as the non-CAT teams. This will encourage more mergers anyway.

Prem could be a bigger group of, say, 16 teams in one group too, and they could play the odd midweek game to make up the extra scheduling.

It just seems to me to be the way to go...but it would take years to sort it out...and God knows how to do that.

What's with all these teams folding and mergers going on anyway...seems like way more this year. Are there just less players out there as more move to O-35s? Demographics?

Daz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We may have picked up a new player who hasn't played in BC for a long time... he should therefore be eligible for PEI in October. He was a former BC High School MVP I believe, looked good out there... then again, if you just signed a $65,000,000 contract, it would be hard not to look good :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too have a good source the Clan - Columbus merger has taken place... (well that's what TA told me) ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What thread am I in anyway???
What is a thread???
WTF is TTP???
I'm totally lost!!! (for a change) :rolleyes:

Guinnessstillsearchingforhiscomputer

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
He was a former BC High School MVP I believe, looked good out there... then again, if you just signed a $65,000,000 contract, it would be hard not to look good

MVP of which sport though? Methinks he'd have to wear an alice band with hair like that. Perhaps Bertrum could sort him out?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1992 BC AAA soccer MVP with St. Michael's University School.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know if I had $65,000,000 contract from the NB....errr where ever he got his contract from and world on a plate the first thing I would do is take the chance to play with a bunch of dinosaurs, ageing ones at that, in PEI for free. On the flip side: This is a fantastic opportunity for some lucky and innovative plumber. If it were me....

"Hey, mate... Sort me out with a couple mill right now or you won't be "walking" off the park."

Let’s see... A red card and a year suspension or 2 million beans... what should I do? BTW, Regs Surrey is looking for and exhibition match. Bring your friend.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oil and water

i'll give the Akal travelling circus until November before they've pissed off the Indo boys and go looking for another team. i think they've had stints with every indian team except Van U. talk about suitcase players. props to raj for staying with kkhalsa. having said that, i'd have to agree with my friend shriner. they do look like the group favorites. could this be a return to akal for shriner :p

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some other rumours:

Surrey United and Metro-Ford have merged to create the Metrorrey-Suford Uniwolves.

I've heard Nomads FC don't have a home field. Ba-zing.

Nobody likes KNVB (confirmed).

Western Union Sarajevo has been joined by Money Mart Kosovo and Cheque Station Bhagdad in the newly formed VMSL "War Torn, Send Cash Overnight" Division.

The "city" in City FC Blaze is actually Tsawassen. No lie.

Guinness stumbled across the pay-as-you-go internet kiosk at the youth hostel.

Lawn darts are way more exciting than real darts.

In a league with two clubs comprised of flame retardants (Sportstown Firemen and Div 2A outfit 'Firefighters') and lacking any heated rivalries, the VMSL brass have fast-tracked two intriguing entries for this season: Tool Shed Torching FC and Guys Who Act All Fcuked Up Like Donald Sutherland In Backdraft (GWAAFULDSIB) United. Early word is that both teams will come out of the tunnels to Midnight Oil's 'Beds are Burning."

Peg signed Steve Nash, AFC Leopards signed Kevin Garnett, Croatia SC signed Toni Kukoc and Inter signed Vinny Del Negro. No word yet if Sapperton have lured Bill Laimbeer out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0